first shots of SS TENKA!!!!!!!!!!

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
Wan-Fu's back :) Now I hope we can see Gen-an and Seiger....I wonder how the game plays.

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
Kafuin Gaira is Bald!! lmao

Does look rather nice though, need to see better shots NOW!

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I think its safe to say that they kept to the spirit of the series. the selection screen is kind of like a set of cards, from what I can see from those blurry images they have been drawn as if they where water colours.

and the backrounds - that mountain scene, could potentially be spectacular. I hope they're not in 3d.. they have that 90s look to them

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Not really the first, they were already posted in the other thread ;)
But yeah, this deserves a new thread, the game looks rather promising, shame on the reciclying stuff though.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Amano Jacu said:
Not really the first, they were already posted in the other thread ;)
But yeah, this deserves a new thread, the game looks rather promising, shame on the reciclying stuff though.

ok, I just ment first as in first images taken from the game and I didn't see the other thread :emb: my exitement grabbed me by the balls.

I would rather have these sprites recycled than KOF. I don't think you can really improve on them unless you are going to throw a ton of money at the project.

Hecker

Mizuki's Demon
The backgrounds kinda tick me off. They'd fit better in a Last Blade game.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
All those neo haters are the biggest hypocrites on earth if they worship this game.

heheh I got confused and thought gaira and wan fu were same, good thing for edits.

Anyways guys, I am so sick of these same sprites.

IV is dead, for christ sakes.

Wan Fu looks kind of okay, I just dont see the need for another SS, theres nothing left they can do with this series for the time being..

SSV had a really good style of play, it was kind of a toss together, but it was solid in competition.

Its just sad that a game like ngbc, they yank rolls and short hops, SNK based technical stuff most fans expect in SNK cross overs.
Real ashame all that sprite work and its just gonna be SVC 2.

Last edited:

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
I would say Wan-Fu looks awesome. And I don't mind the reused sprites... It's either that or like 10-15 new high-res character sprites (à la Rumble Fish), and that's it.

To me, 40 Neo sprites > 10-15 high-res sprites

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
My God, I have been away far too long.

Those screenshots look phenomenal, Devil! Wan-fu is one of my favorite characters (alongside Hoahmaru), and I am excited to see something new involving one of my favorite SNK games. I know this isn't the right thread to ask this, but what is happening with Battle Coliseum? I can't wait to play that, too!

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
NeoLord said:
My God, I have been away far too long.

Those screenshots look phenomenal, Devil! Wan-fu is one of my favorite characters (alongside Hoahmaru), and I am excited to see something new involving one of my favorite SNK games. I know this isn't the right thread to ask this, but what is happening with Battle Coliseum? I can't wait to play that, too!

Hey Mike, long time man. Whats going on?

SeaWolf69

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Hah,

Alright, about freaking time!!!! It looks awesome, yet another game to impatiently wait for. :smirk:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
VERY nice looking, and holy shit koyori has some huge melons. :kekeke:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Lord Wolfgang Krauser said:
I am so sick of these same sprites.

I'm so sick of these re-used sprites. Jesus fucking Christ, put in a little elbow grease and make something completely new for fuck's sake.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
SonGohan said:
I'm so sick of these re-used sprites. Jesus fucking Christ, put in a little elbow grease and make something completely new for fuck's sake.

I normally wouldnt care, but after special, I dont wanna see a sequal for a long time.

Im not going to show high support for this, im a HUGE tool for buying SSV, then bam, SP comes out making SSV a pointless purchase.
Fuck that.

You guys need to start having some better standards, I dont mean to be a dick, but when you respond well to just about anything, it just contributes to the lazyness.

Alex0916

Bling kills, but...,
WOW the game looks nice wonder what changes they have made to the gameplay?

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
I'm a SS whore. Not long after I bought SS4, SS5 got announced... I then bought SS5 and didn't regret it. Then SS5S got announced, I eagerly waited for it then bought it as well. Didn't regret it either.
And I'm getting an AW just for this new SS...

I think the sprites look great despite them being old. The same can't be the same about some SS1-2 sprites...
I also think the used and refused SS3+ sprites look much better than the KoF ones (reused in many more games)...

They can't really make better looking sprites unless they go high-res, which would be a lot of work... Sure it'll have to be done sooner or later, but I can wait and I don't mind.
I think there is still a lot of potential to be exploited here, characters to be added etc before passing on to new sprites... And once pretty much all the old 2D SS characters are back and all, then it'll be time to move on to something new and fresh... Much like with the SFA series and SFA3 (Upper), which they left at that once all the SF2 characters were put back...

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
see gaira's ssv ending for why he is bald.

i can't tell shit from those pictures. doesn't look that impressive though. i just want to see what they did to the engine though, that's of paramount importance.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
I'm intrigued, I want to see larger and sharper images of the game, and definitely videos.

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
SonGohan said:

So very much agreed, but evidently most people are cool with the rehash, so thats why were getting them. Thanks assholes.

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
shirt said:
So very much agreed, but evidently most people are cool with the rehash, so thats why were getting them. Thanks assholes.
With all the bitching there's been about sprites since like 2001, you can't say it's because of some of us that we're still getting reused sprites... Not to mention the fact many people bitch about the old sprites but STILL buy the games.

If you're really upset about the reused sprites, just ignore the game and go do something else...

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
Hmkay said:
With all the bitching there's been about sprites since like 2001, you can't say it's because of some of us that we're still getting reused sprites... Not to mention the fact many people bitch about the old sprites but STILL buy the games.

If you're really upset about the reused sprites, just ignore the game and go do something else...

Yeah I was exaggerating about the consumers role, but it still plays a part.

I will play this for sure and possibly buy it if it comes out online for a console.

Just because I dont approve doesnt mean Im gonna cry about it to the point of refusing to play it.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Hmkay said:

The point is if you keep buying the rehashed games, they have absolutely no reason to make anything fresh and new. And why should they? It costs less, takes less time, and people eat the shit up like a starving bum hungry for any new 2d release. It's almost embarrassing.