PS2 Mushihime Sama to include all 3 modes and an arranged mode.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Thats what gamespot claims here although I dont know how in the flipping F they will be able to pull off Ultra mode. Also two versions of the game will be available, normal and limited edition with another figure to go with your OST figure.

*Edit: I got the info first from click-stick

Last edited:

gmw

Mai's Apprentice
God, I can't wait till this drops. I've been itching to play this game for ages and ages. Let's hope it's an Arika quality port.

A Ketsui port will make my life complete.

BIG

sony fanboy
gmw said:
God, I can't wait till this drops. I've been itching to play this game for ages and ages. Let's hope it's an Arika quality port.

Amen to that. The current PCB pricing for Ketsui is well beyond ludicrous.

B-

Kiel

20 Year Member
gmw said:

I'm with you 100% on both.

Arika did an absolutely fantastic job on the ports and even though I have Ketsui I would love to have a port as well.

I''ve just been watching replays of Mushi for the last fews days and its only making the wait even harder.

BIG

sony fanboy
Spike said:
I''ve just been watching replays of Mushi for the last fews days and its only making the wait even harder.

The horrror....the horror...

B-

Kiel

20 Year Member
The mid boss in stage 5 in Ultra mode has the most amazing looking bullet pattern, it actually looks like it has depth to it. Like it comes "down" if you know what I mean.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Excellent news, can't wait!

Right now, I'm scraping together my last cents to preorder this game... wanted to spend it for an uncut version of RE4, but well.. priorities 'n stuff... I already out-priorized Doom 3 Xbox in favor of the Dragon Blaze collection... who needs a damn 3D fps game when there's a new good 2D shmup waiting for ya! :)

It's amazing, vert/hori shmups are the last bastion of 2D, I really hope this won't change during the next years... guess even the most die-hard 3D dev'ers know that games like that simply cannot be made in 3D (gameplay-wise)... remember 3D Defender on Xbox? Pure steaming crap, and sales were almost non-existant (thank god for that)... but then, they also said platformers would never be possible in 3D, and then came Mario64... it sure was a nice game and all, but it also accelerated the jump from 2D to 3D... ...another can of worms, okay, I shut up now.

(uaahh... caffeine level reaching maximum... ...---... ...---... ...---...)

gmw

Mai's Apprentice
BIG said:
Amen to that. The current PCB pricing for Ketsui is well beyond ludicrous.

Seriously - I was even considering picking up a supergun and finding Ketsui, cause I want the damn game so badly, but it's insane what it's selling for now. If this arrangement with Taito for Mushihimesama works out, lets hope that more Cave ports follow!

BIG

sony fanboy
gmw said:
Seriously - I was even considering picking up a supergun and finding Ketsui, cause I want the damn game so badly, but it's insane what it's selling for now. If this arrangement with Taito for Mushihimesama works out, lets hope that more Cave ports follow!

Yeah,the demand for Ketsui PCB are nothing short of overwhelming. I bought it a few months ago at $275 and couldn't help but felt that I was paying the premium for it. Now,since the going rate for the PCB is well beyond the $500 mark,a port would be great for those of us who can no longer afford the PCB....:(

B-

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
BIG said:
Yeah,the demand for Ketsui PCB are nothing short of overwhelming. I bought it a few months ago at $275 and couldn't help but felt that I was paying the premium for it. Now,since the going rate for the PCB is well beyond the $500 mark,a port would be great for those of us who can no longer afford the PCB....:(

B-

Goes without saying, but I'll say it...

I agree.

Segata_Sanshiro

Tesse's Maintainence Man
15 Year Member
Yeah, same. I'd love to see Taito give Cave the Psikyo treatment and get a few compilations on PS2. Dangun, Progear, Ketsui... :drool_2:

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Y

gmw said:

YES! YES! Man I want this port so badly. I got to the third level on Mushihime on one crediit. The game is SO damn hard.

I doubt there going to do Ketsui. I think it's been passed up which is a damn shame! It's up there with Daioujou as some of caves best work.

Kiel

20 Year Member
This is from Gpara, if the end result looks like this I will be very disapointed. :annoyed:

02a.jpg

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Spike said:
This is from Gpara, if the end result looks like this I will be very disapointed. :annoyed:

02a.jpg

Don't worry! Pop your tv in tate mode and you'll be solid gold!

gmw

Mai's Apprentice
Wasn't there a keitai version of Mushihimesama? That's what the pic looks like to me. I can't believe that the game would take such a graphical drop.