Newest SNK US statement (Re-Bout!!)

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
""""""""""SNK PLAYMORE USA Assaults Xbox Live
With Four New Games in 2005

An Entire SNK Arcade Library, All Tournament Enabled

WALL, NJ. – April 26, 2005 – SNK PLAYMORE USA CORPORATION, the US publishing arm of the SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION, announced today that they will unleash four new games for the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft in 2005 that will have full Xbox Live support including rematch, head-to-head fighting and Tournament Modes. THE KING OF FIGHTERS NEOWAVE, SAMURAI SHODOWN 5, THE KING OF FIGHTERS ’94 RE-BOUT, and KOF: MAXIMUM IMPACT – MANIAX which will all ship during 2005 for the system.

“Xbox Live is the premiere online gaming network for fans of fighting games.” said Ben Herman, SNK PLAYMORE USA CORPORATION President. “We’re going to bring our very best titles to the network, and support them with national tournaments where the contestants can score valuable SNK prizes.”

In addition to the four upcoming SNK releases that feature full Xbox Live support, later this Summer SNK will release METAL SLUG 4/5 combo pack for the system that will offer Xbox Live Leaderboard options and KING OF FIGHTERS 02/03 that will offer online head-to-head fighting.""""""""""

Looks like I need to buy an XBox after all.

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
Looking forward to rebout, here's hoping SS5 has the story translated

Cheers,
Ben

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Neo Rasa said:
Looks like I need to buy an XBox after all.
when thesh00ter calls you a sell out, just ignore him.

This is great news, and I'm glad they're including rematches. National tournaments sound great, too (not that I'm at a level to win any). Hopefully, this will draw more attention to the games and let people know the company still exists...

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
Verythrax said:
This guy is a comedian. :kekeke:

Insulting SS5, KoF2002 and 2003? That's just low man.

The upside is that there's going to be more announcements in addition to this at E3 according to them. SNK Japan mentions and hints at stuff like Fatal Fury compilations, so when he says "We're going to bring..." it makes me hopeful that we'll be seeing some bigger things soon.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Neo Rasa said:
Insulting SS5, KoF2002 and 2003? That's just low man.

The upside is that there's going to be more announcements in addition to this at E3 according to them. SNK Japan mentions and hints at stuff like Fatal Fury compilations, so when he says "We're going to bring..." it makes me hopeful that we'll be seeing some bigger things soon.

I was talking about Neowave, KOF MI and SS5 to be more exact ;)

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
So there is no PS2 version for US?

WTF? :envy:

That means I have to buy JPN PS2 version ............ :spock:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Definitely good news, and this is one of the many reasons that the xbox is quickly becoming my favorite system. The only problem is that my subscription to live just ran out. :crying:

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
I want a U.S. Neo Wave damn it. I also want a U.S. Garou: Mark of the Wolves. SNK Playmore is starting to piss me off. I refuse to buy and Xbox.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
great to see them focus on the x-box and online competetion. I'm looking forward to most of the mentioned games (mainly KOFs and SSV).

let's hope they also bring the SNK completions that were annouced for the PS2 in Japan (KOFs, Last Blades, MotW, .. etc.) to the xBox (with XBLive of course)

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
k'_127 said:
great to see them focus on the x-box and online competetion. I'm looking forward to most of the mentioned games (mainly KOFs and SSV).

let's hope they also bring the SNK completions that were annouced for the PS2 in Japan (KOFs, Last Blades, MotW, .. etc.) to the xBox (with XBLive of course)

I don't think they will bother since by the time they finish, Xbox 360 will probably be out.

wookiewombat

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
excellent news indeed, not sure if im gonna pick up 02/03 and metal slug 4/5...think i just may get the mvs versions instead, still debating that one.

AKscrube

Overtop Pathfinder
pointless if SNK continues to bring lackluster/"fixed" ports of their games...

dhowerter

We are Tracking Youze!,
Because that was an Xbox-centered press release, they forgot to mention that Metal Slug 4/5 is coming to USA PS2 May 15th (3 months before the August release of the Xbox version) and also Metal Slug 1 is coming to GBA later this year :D

FYI :buttrock:

neosportskid

Banned
funk them just to see the look on their face
just to see the look on there face
those titles are ass, samurai shodown with no fatalities or story =blah
realbout owns kof and absolutely shits on that kof MI.
no last blades or fatal furys is a joke

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
>>So there is no PS2 version for US?<<

Blame $ony.

And then buy an Xbox and the 15th Anniversary Street Fighter arcade stick.

Last edited:

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
Don't own an Xbox, but from people bitching about chaos and its lag, I really hope they fix this. Other than that, it's good to hear about new releases...

Other than that, I wonder what the difference on MI on PS2 and Xbox aside from the name.

dbarrett0928

Banned
xbox

yes...xbox does serve a purpose and it serves it well i see...I sold my xbox but looks like ill have to get another....