MVS Gurus: Is this an original NG cab?

Neo Mike

Creative Moderator, Art Gallery Coordinator,
20 Year Member
20_1_b.JPG

Is this an original dedicated cab that has been painted and such? If so, which one?

Any guesses?

Last edited:

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
I dunno, the shape of it suggests it could be a dedicated that has been done over big-style. A SS2 cab perhaps? More pics would certainly help.

Neo Mike

Creative Moderator, Art Gallery Coordinator,
20 Year Member
To me, it looks like this one, but painted white?

Notice the left player right player placement. If I recall, that's not a sticker, but paint? I could be wrong though.

MVS-4-25v1b.jpg

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
The Marquee is different and the coin door is a different shape though. It deffo seems like a dedicated that has been altered tho, and you better steal those MMs as they look as though they are taped on or something.

Halox

Belnar Institute Student
It looks fairly generic to me. I could use a side shot, or at least some up close pics.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
It does sort of look like a 4-slot cab like you said, but it also looks like it has been butchered pretty heavily, and the control layout definitely looks like it has been altered. Maybe it was original at one point in its life, but it looks pretty far gone now.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Definately the ver1 4 slot. Memory card reader would be located on the control panel not on the cab and is the version that is much easier to remove or paint over unlike the big plate that the 2 slots have. Its also got a select button, and the coin door might just have a bracket over it, its tough to tell, giving it a bit of a different shape. The only place it seems to get weird, it has a curved button layout not the straight BCD common to 4 slots, but it can't really be a 1 slot with the select button.

Basically I'd say dedicated but tough to tell which one.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Yep,that looks to have been a Dedicated cab once...

The Player 1 and 2 over coin door are usually painted on but can be bought as they come as stickers for making conversion cabs..
The Player 1 and 2 sticker sets usually come in MVS conversion kits though I've bought the sticker sheets off the internet separately(that's what I used to restore my Big Reds.)

I wonder what color the sides are..?

If the Sides were still red etc then it could be restored to full...Otherwise you'd have to stick stickers on the sides..(I'd do it though)

I had a topic of a similar type in Tech but the pic is no longer up..

Sundance

Sho's Rival
I'm w/ the boys on this one. It is or rather was def a 4-slot cab but its been pretty well altered. It'd be a fun restore project and def take some time. If you can get it cheap (assuming you already don't have it), it would be worth it. Good luck.