Oklahoma Video Game Exhibition

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
So who all plans to go to this? Somebody told me it was Friday through Sunday, but from reading the page it says it's only Saturday. Me and a friend will be able to make it there, so hopefully other Oklahoma folks can swing by.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Myself and the ol' Choded_One will be there. Glad to see you'll be attending.

We'll have the usual MVS/Homecart crap there. I think we'll also have a Hyper64 with Buriki for shits and giggles.

I think we'll have two tables this go 'round so there should be plenty of room for everything. Ours has been the busiest table there for the past two years, thanks to Metal Slug 3, Magical Drop 3, ect...

Some weirdo came out of the woodwork and torqued Choded's lugnuts last year with some uber cheezy Butt skillz when we had Garou going. He didn't even play a second round; I surely would have molested him proper with Gato.

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
I'll be there again this year 'fo shizzle!

I heard it was in June or July this year... When exactly is this?

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
gamejunkie said:
I'll be there again this year 'fo shizzle!

I heard it was in June or July this year... When exactly is this?

June, 18th

for more info, go to www.ovge.com

This is a much better time to have the expo, many of us are students and September isn't the best time for us. June fits most people's schedules better since many don't have school over the summer.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Can't wait to be there. What games should I polish up on so I can bring some decent comp to the table?

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
SonGohan said:
Can't wait to be there. What games should I polish up on so I can bring some decent comp to the table?

Mainly garou methinks. Perhaps some '02/'98 as well.

I don't know if you can play buriki, I'm not sure if there's a HNG64 emulator out there. If you can find buriki that would be sweet; I can't play for shit but Chosen certainly has some skillz.

We were mulling about having some kind of contest since Chosen has about 1000 spare neo geo pockets that could be given away as prizes. Perhaps a Magical drop 3/garou/ kof tourney if the crowd is interested.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Damn, looks like I'll be looking towards Garou then. It's gonna be hard practicing in 1p for a 2p match you've never taken part in though. I'll give it my best shot, though. Can't wait to see all you guys there.

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
I only have Garou on DC with no joystick. Guess that's how I'll practice... :lol:

Do you know if the guy that sells cabinets is still going to be there?

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
The guy selling cabs will be there again according to what they've told me. Usually it's much older stuff that's overpriced, but hey you never know.

Garou and KOF 98 are my two favs and I'd like to try and get a comp going for them but I don't know if we'd have enough people.

It's going to be fun though, and it's worth bringing plenty of cash usually as the vendors usually have pretty good deals. I got Lunar I and II for 15 bucks each last year (Sega CD versions) as well as 10-15 SMS games and another 10 or so Saturn games. Almost all hard to find stuff and most were 5 bucks each. Hopefully the pickuns will be as good this year :) But you never know.

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
I like the cabs because they're on free play. :D

Last year I was able to pick a bunch of DC games and a flash linker for gba pretty cheap.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
So people sell cabs there? What kind? Mainly the older ones like Pacman and such? Any chance on maybe an old SF2 cab being sold there, or a big red?

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
SonGohan said:
So people sell cabs there? What kind? Mainly the older ones like Pacman and such? Any chance on maybe an old SF2 cab being sold there, or a big red?

Last year was the first year they brought cabs. It was only Pacman, Joust that kinda stuff. Good stuff but no fighters really. But exhibitors such as us :) bring cabs for freeplay although not for sale. There was a big red there last year with Slug X, Aerofighters and such. I'd bring my cab but it's just too much hassle. Besides we have all the games set up on Max's supergun anyways.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I'll be getting out my old ghetto-gun and my mv1, hopefully *cough* someone who is cheap as hell will come up with enough cash for me to build another gun.

I'm not mentioning any names but I think we all know who we're talking about. :loco:

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
Most of the old school cabs had been redone or keep in tip top shape. They wanted a pretty penny though...

That big red was killer!

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Looks kinda fun.

I might make it a road trip.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
gamejunkie said:
Most of the old school cabs had been redone or keep in tip top shape. They wanted a pretty penny though...

That big red was killer!
Homeboy who owned it (the 4 slot) placed it in the Broken Arrow (off 71st/Kenosha) vintage stock for a bit. Not even on freeplay! :blow_top:

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
Thats Vintage Stock for you. Game-x-change rules! 25 for Suikoden 2. 'Nuf said.

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
Gamexchange is nice. I liked it better when they used to carry more imports.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
anyone here actually go to this convention before??? I'm thinking about heading up....making a road trip of it...is it worth it? It almost looks like a 90% atari-fest.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
pixeljunkie said:
anyone here actually go to this convention before??? I'm thinking about heading up....making a road trip of it...is it worth it? It almost looks like a 90% atari-fest.

Aye, lots of Atari fans there. I don't understand the Atari mentality. You'll probably see some cool stuff you'll most likely never see again. Some guy had an Amiga 32 there last year. Another had the horrible CDi Zelda games. Tons of Atari homebrews abound. We're pretty much loved and hated all at the same time, we neo fans at OVGE. A guy I met last year had tons of ROM backups for just about all cartridge systems.

It's a lot of fun, but I'm not sure I'd drive from Texas to Tulsa for it. :loco:

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
Magnaflux said:
Aye, lots of Atari fans there. I don't understand the Atari mentality. You'll probably see some cool stuff you'll most likely never see again. Some guy had an Amiga 32 there last year. Another had the horrible CDi Zelda games. Tons of Atari homebrews abound. We're pretty much loved and hated all at the same time, we neo fans at OVGE. A guy I met last year had tons of ROM backups for just about all cartridge systems.

It's a lot of fun, but I'm not sure I'd drive from Texas to Tulsa for it. :loco:

There were quite a few booths last year I hope more will come this year.

The CDi dude was trying to talk me into a virtual boy setup for pretty cheap.

I saw a Vectrex for the first time up close.

There were TONS of SNES, Genesis, and Saturn games. Not to mention the insane amount of Atari stuff on showcase.

One booth had the Onimusha sword controller.

There was a contest for the limited edition Space Invaders PS2 cocktail table controller.

A main contest was held for large prizes, I get there to late to play in this. They had a Crazy Taxi remote control car! It was awesome!

I subscribed to a quarterly classic gaming mag. It's from a place in St. Louis if I remember correctly. Pretty cool little mag.

The company that produces the wireless SNES and NES controllers had reps there.

@pixeljunkie

Not really sure if it would be worth driving up from Dallas unless you were going to be in town anyway... It's upto you though.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
I'm not a huge fan of atari, but the rest of the stuff there like the neo and 16 bit stuff makes it worth going and paying the 5 dollars or whatever it costs to get in.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
And if we weren't clear, as someone asked if anyone had gone to this before, Magnaflux and myself have a booth every year for the Neo, so at the very least you'll know we'll be there with all of our Neo glory setup :)

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
Is it going to be at the Marriott or the Hyatt? The one by Wal-Mart right?

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
It's at the Salons A & B of the Council Oaks Ballroom at the Marriott Southern Hills Hotel.

That's near Jenks, the Cancer Treatment Center, Video Revolution, the Aquarium, etc...