I cleaned my workshop

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
Top to bottom. First time in about 8 months. Now I can actually find things.

How often do you folks clean your work space? What kind of storage system do you implement?

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
D-Lite said:
Top to bottom. First time in about 8 months. Now I can actually find things.

How often do you folks clean your work space? What kind of storage system do you implement?

Hmm, my desk at work tends to get a bit out of control if I don't clean it up at least every couple of weeks, which would explain why I seem to be losing more items than usual lately...

I actually get around to straightening up probably once a month or every six weeks. I seem to continually create more stacks, by project, theme, whatever, on my shelves every time I clean up. My two file cabinets and my inboxes are pretty stuffes. I also tend to find lots of old paperwork that I don't need, so lots of stuff gets tossed out.

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
I think your response is more geared towards desk work, yes? I was more going for the techie work bench with soldering bits and wire stacks and resistors etc. :)

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Mine is regulated to the 5 dollar iron i have and a few bits of wire and a box of old computers in my closet.

I suck at electronics.

stuffmonger

Baseball Star Hitter
I'm just starting out, so my work area... areas... are not too cluttered yet. I've got a sweet rolling toolbox/workbench - http://www.kmart.com/catalog/produc...egoryId=1186&pCategoryId=672&gpCategoryId=466
one of those...
that I keep most of my stuff in, and I have my neo, cps2, and a couple of jammas on the top... great use of the workbench, I know. I mostly keep things pretty organized though... when I'm done with them, I try to put everything back in some sort of sane matter.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
D-Lite said:
I think your response is more geared towards desk work, yes? I was more going for the techie work bench with soldering bits and wire stacks and resistors etc. :)
just post those pics again. let the noobs see how you take care of your 'stock'.

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
supergoose79 said:
just post those pics again. let the noobs see how you take care of your 'stock'.
It must be hard going through life as a hate-ridden prick that talks out of his ass.

You can keep your worthless commentary out of this thread as you continue to show you have no idea what you're talking about.

P00t

Fuck eBay & PayPal,
D-Lite said:
It must be hard going through life as a hate-ridden prick that talks out of his ass.

You can keep your worthless commentary out of this thread as you continue to show you have no idea what you're talking about.

I was gonna say post pics anyway, which wasnt an insult by the way.

erm, please.

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
This is what it used to look like, before my reorganization yesterday.

Original thread of workshop pics

It wasn't that bad before at all. Not like I'm piling tons of crap on top of each other with no protection. Falk is just a negative Nancy.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
I have 2 work areas at work and their both a mess, It seems when I finish one thing another immediately follows it and I never have time to clean up.

Nightmare Tony

*Account control passed, on to Tony's family.Ex Ro
Mine is still an unholy mess. Gotta get some more storage outside to clear things out.,...

SuperGunGuru

Galford's Armourer
I'm messy with all my electronics stuff. An old desk serves as my parts storage and I have a plastic toolbox that serves as my "crash kit." It holds all the main stuff I need to do work on cabs.