Not open for further replies.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Robert, my apologies...

Last edited:

TonK

Least Valuable Player
"Custom Made"

Lets see the mold, I really want to know how you designed these!

Sticky please!

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I can hear baby Jesus crying already.

Please, Tonk, give it up man. You're the only one here that has any interest whatsoever in this.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
galfordo said:
I can hear baby Jesus crying already.

Please, Tonk, give it up man. You're the only one here that has any interest whatsoever in this.

No, I'm not, whats the big deal anyway?

Its a simple question!

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Its not like he is going to miss seeing this thread, I emailed him a link and PM'd the same:

04-23-2005 04:47 PM

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I remember a member telling me how it took so much time for you to get the mold to come out JUST RIGHT, I'd love to see this!

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
kafuin_gaira said:
i will pwn you with easy

just take a guess where this thread ends up.

I guess it'll probably end up on page two, out of sight and out of mind, since probably no one will care enough to post in it except for spammers like me.

:kekeke:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
DARK ANDY said:
Page 2 on what format? 50 posts a page like me?

Nah, I meant that it'd be on the second page of threads, as other threads are bumped up ahead of it.

cafu1982

Krauser's Henchman
a bit off-topic, but I wish there were shockboxes the same size as the AES snap locks, since the cart sizes between MVS & AES formats are more or less similar. Presonally I think the current shockboxes are a bit too big.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I only respond to members that support the hardware here... you see, "I've formed a bond" here with many folks and I have a right to support the plastic that lines my walls...
-BB

Last edited:

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I believe Derek asked you...

He supports the hardware, will you answer him?

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Looking at the boxes it was a outsourced project.. alot of equipment was used to make these and molds were definetely created. Not to hard to figure out but i personally lack the equipment to make them myself. I doubt BB would reveal it to anybody and for good measure.. has made alot of money and would like to keep it that way. He will die with the secret.. I know i would

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
So, Big Bear's the guy who's claimed to have made the shock box?

/noob..D:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
If you want Xbox and PSP shock boxes, why don't you just try asking him nicely? And who in the fuck cares where they came from? If you find some on your own -- great, tell us where and what they are. Otherwise, who cares? They are just boxes.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Please refer to the archives regarding this topic and the "ringing endorsement" feedback Tonk left me.
The members on and off this site have kept the SHOCK BOX project alive through pre-order interest and insert image creating.
This web station is full of intelligent people who have done the research and came to the conclusion that this endeavor was not one for "profit motives" given the costs,time involved and sale price.
I shudder to think what the mold would cost today,three years,going on four years later as the price has increased for production and truck delivery(yes,they pass the high cost of petroleum on to me as well as their mistakes)
I am not gauranteed a perfect run as there have and always will be imperfections.. There is NO re-do,once the run is finished,that's it. If I end up with a couple hundred defects,my only option is to return them so if I want more,I would have to order another bulk load.
There is no question here for me to answer,Tonk has no integrity as he was once pals with Dion of NGF supporting his behavior,he left this site for S-C and bad mouthed the hell out of us only to return after Trieu got fed up with his sh8t!! He has also admitted to shill bidding on eBay...I can go on and on about Mike...
Hey Mike, you should get into the rap game,you'd make a great HYPE MAN because this thread is just completely misleading...
Tonk is like a "bad meal" that just won't go down. bullsh8t in bullsh8t out.
-BB

Last edited:

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
LoneSage said:
So, Big Bear's the guy who's claimed to have made the shock box?

/noob..D:

It was no secret. Everything was done in plain view here on the boards. He asked if there was interest - for preorders - and then followed through. Use the search function and you'll see the old threads he made concerning the project.

A mold could have easily been created in a 3D model program and given to a technician to create the box. If this was a box that was pre-existing and he decided to mass produce them then fine.

I once tried to have some plastic boxes made for a similar reason (with harder plastic), and from the price I was quoted I feel BB is on the up and up.

Do I doubt he made a little bit of pocket change? No. Do I think the amount he probably made was worth his time? No. I don't doubt he used the 5 box minimum order to curb that problem, either.

There are worse things in the world. Let's just be thankful for this harmless addition. If BB lied then that's on his shoulders.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
ForeverSublime said:
If BB lied then that's on his shoulders.
It's all documented. Again,past "highly intelligent members" ,NGF included have done the research....there was no wiggle room for lying and this is one instance where I wish I had the luxury of lying.
I told the members I needed a good amount of "backed with money commitment interest" because there was plenty of "lip service" as usual. I took that money in good faith and came through everytime with flying colors despite all of the defamation,etc. through the years.
Tonk purchased a PSP....DId he ask WAL-MART who their suppliers were??? It would make more sense to question the food we put in our mouths and the soda we drink.
-BB
\

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Sarcasm

If there's anyone to blame for the Shockbox Hysteria, perhaps it should be people like:
nick_th_fury
Mouse Master
Jeff Kurtz
Last Resort
JHendrix
Daemon
Matt K
deffty
Nostromo
The Webmiester
Niek
Mr. Wiz
Chibi Nappa
Victor
DaMan
Gabriel
Hinge
BarfHappy
Joe Mccabe
Blaine
Super Spy
Rusk
Elric2077
Marsupouse
BlueboyX
Spectre
Slerch
K'1981
Laurie
Tiptonium
Icez
Buttasuperb
LeGeek
Michael Yagami
_Kefka_
pixeljunkie
wizkid007
loopyeddie
onefortheride
DreamstationX,

myself and anyone else I might have left out that have contributed inserts to the community. Im pretty sure that without quality inserts, people wouldn't find a need to cover their ugly ass MVS carts with a ShockBox and proudly display their collection alongside the rest of their Videogame stuff (including their AES collection).

Im certain the inserts stimulate demand for Shock Boxes, they go hand in hand. If shock boxes did not exist, I would have never started creating inserts. How many people have benefited from the new-generation of Insert contributors and even were a part of the latest wave of shockbox orders because of it?

Perhaps people that frown upon Big Bear and the Shock Box are those that simply missed the train and didn't get a piece of the action. BB would be a fool to not make money from it, he found something that other find useful and ran with it.......so what?

Blame the creative people that have spent hours upon hours to create quality inserts for shockboxes to all of you for FREE.

Damn them all to hell!

/end sarcasm

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
Personally I would like to think everybody who contributed to the shock boxes and the inserts. :buttrock:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I wouldnt beat up on BB in this thread, those molds can cost a pissload to make.
Besides, the cases are nice also.
I had only one deal with BB for FFS neo cd, needless to say, I was a very happy customer.

Makismo

Ghost of Captain Kidd
I put my whole AES collection in shock boxes. I think that I am going to start a trend. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.