NGBC site updated, Mars People added

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
In both regular and 'premium gallery' form. Same for Marco's premium gallry.

Also, Metal Slug section has ben added.

Oh, well...

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
Mars People has been in the regular character section for a while now.

I have the feeling Playmore is behing the upcoming SS AW... That's probably a bad thing considering how they ruined so many games before, but I'll wait and see what NBC is like. It may be good. That'd give me hopes for the new SS...

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Lol

Have you read the story to the Mars People profile? Apparently this Mars People was left behind after the alien mothership went back to Mars, so he/she/it has to work delivery service at a Ramen shop to make ends meet.

Greywolf

Angel's Love Slave
bokmeow said:
Apparently this Mars People was left behind after the alien mothership went back to Mars, so he/she/it has to work delivery service at a Ramen shop to make ends meet.

Now that's some funny shit! :lol:

krakov

Armored Scrum Object
If you didn´t notice, there is a new video up featuring fuuma.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
The 'System' section is finally up, also (don't know if that's been mentioned yet -- I didn't see it).

Alex0916

Bling kills, but...,
They also updated the Screenshot section with new pics of Mars People.

sQuareh4t3r

formerly "sQuareh4t3r", then "MacGuffin", now "sQu
The Premium Gallery is niiiiice. Does anyone know who's doing the illustrations for this game?

yagami_boy

Kuroko's Training Dummy
bokmeow said:
Lol

Have you read the story to the Mars People profile? Apparently this Mars People was left behind after the alien mothership went back to Mars, so he/she/it has to work delivery service at a Ramen shop to make ends meet.

:lol: Even it looks weird! Man! We see some M<ars People when delivering Ramen!

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
sQuareh4t3r said:
The Premium Gallery is niiiiice. Does anyone know who's doing the illustrations for this game?

I think it's NONA.

Last edited:

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Mars people meh why is General Morden still M.I.A ?

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
LMAO i did'nt know hanzo and fuma videos were on there or FUCKING Asura! :buttrock:

athenafan

n00b
Shito said:
I think it's NONA.

Are you OK? you certainly have no idea about arts, have you?

Nona arts are pretty pathetic. He/She did arts for KOF2001 and KOF2002. Both suck to the highest level possible.

Good thing they brought in Falcoon in KOF2003 to make things half better than they were in Shinkiro era.

Anyway, on topic, This is, in no way, Nona!

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
athenafan said:
That's what I want to say to you. Don't try to present your fucked up opinion as fact. That's the beauty of art. You're allowed to have an opinion.

For example, even though Falcoon's work looks like semi-professional fan work, I still like it some. And even though Nona has more technical skill and understands light and shadow, and traditional painting techniques (even if he uses them digitally) a million times more than Falcoon, you are still allowed to not like him if you want. Isn't that great?

Rade K

20 Year Member
athenafan said:

Nona arts are pretty pathetic. He/She did arts for KOF2001 and KOF2002. Both suck to the highest level possible.

Good thing they brought in Falcoon in KOF2003 to make things half better than they were in Shinkiro era.

Anyway, on topic, This is, in no way, Nona!

I don't know about that. I really liked the art in 2001 and 2. Especially 2001. 2001 probably had the best "front-end" of any Kof.

Falcoon art strikes me as rather fanish, but skilled. I'm torn.

sQuareh4t3r

Rade Kuruc said:
I don't know about that. I really liked the art in 2001 and 2. Especially 2001. 2001 probably had the best "front-end" of any Kof.

Aren't you always speaking out against "fakime" and generic anime styles of illustration? Falcoon falls into that category in my opinion.

He's definitely talented, but you get the feeling that he's nothing more than an over-glorified fanartist when it boils right down to it. I'd take anything Nona did over Falcoon any day of the week. KOF2003 and SVC, while stylized, turned out to be rather plain and run-of-the-mill in the style department because of Falcoon's involvement. I mean, I'd go play a Capcom game if I wanted to experience some hackneyed aesthetic.

I for one am glad to see that SNKP is trying different things when it comes to their product's presentation, even if it doesn't go as great as they might have hoped.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Fygee said:
Its not. It's someone new.

You may be right. It's just he colouring tecnique (especially of the skins) deeply reminds Nona's. Moreover, we know he/she's a kind of changeling as for style, always experimenting... so I though this was Nona trying a more traditional approach to portrayits (not only that, actually imitating each character original designer's style..)

But I may prolly be wrong.

Rade K

20 Year Member
sQuareh4t3r said:
Aren't you always speaking out against "fakime" and generic anime styles of illustration? Falcoon falls into that category in my opinion.

I do, in fact, but Falcoon's art is not be outright dismissed, as it gets the job done quite well. It's good, but it's not something anyone else (a professional) could do.

Nona offered something new, and it did cause quite a bit of controversy, as certain people really like that clean look presented in kof2000, and were dissapointed in 2001. I beleive some saw it as a step back, but IMO, it was the best part of the visual presentation that year.

I wouldn't classify it as "fakime", rather "safe-anime", in that it's something that will appeal to a broader audience. That is was SNKP seems to want with the KOF series.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Rade Kuruc said:
2001 probably had the best "front-end" of any Kof.

Ditto.

KOF2001 in-game art is fuckin' incredible, actually catching each character personality in the 'exagerating' winning-portrayts... not to mention the select screen, with drawing actually matching the sprite design!

The manual art is just awesome. Again, very true to the original sprite design (something Shinkirou never achieved, his character all actaully seeming *cosplayers dressed-up as those characters*), with a colouring tequiniqe and a detail level simple IMPRESSIVE!

You seriously have to look at the artbook to see what I mean.

Oh, yeah... Nona's art use to be radical in term of design. That' why I like it that much.

sQuareh4t3r

Rade Kuruc said:
I wouldn't classify it as "fakime", rather "safe-anime", in that it's something that will appeal to a broader audience. That is was SNKP seems to want with the KOF series.
"Safe-anime" = generic. And yes, generic definitely does appeal to a large audience, and unfortunately, I agree that that's what SNKP is going for. I mean, KOF is already niche as it is, almost appealing solely to long-time fans of the series moreso than newcomers. New fans are necessary, since SNK's reign stretches back into a period of time where a lot of younger gamers weren't even playing games yet. Personally, I think that's a bad sign for overall product quality, but nobody at the corporate offices is asking me, are they?

But anyway, Falcoon is boring, and it will be interesting to see if he's brought back for the next KOF entry. I'm hoping he's not, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
sQuareh4t3r said:
But anyway, Falcoon is boring, and it will be interesting to see if he's brought back for the next KOF entry. I'm hoping he's not, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Ditto again. All his female looks like retarded bitches, pathetically big-boobed. Skin seems mad of rubber. Damn doujin-style just good for otaku fappin... :oh_no: