PDA

View Full Version : Samurai Spirits Official Site - OPEN

Shito
04-21-2005, 06:42 AM
Here. (http://www.samuraispirits-official.com/top.html)

Possibly looking forward the upcoming AW release...

Gamefan
04-21-2005, 06:47 AM
Looks nice and organized.

ken_dong
04-21-2005, 07:30 AM
many many tnx Shito ^^

SuperPang
04-21-2005, 08:04 AM
Note the gap here (http://www.samuraispirits-official.com/title/index.php) and the "?" here (http://www.samuraispirits-official.com/title/samurai-spirits1/index.php)
SSVI IS COMING! :buttrock:

DevilRedeemed
04-21-2005, 08:32 AM
nice one!

Big Shady
04-21-2005, 08:48 AM
Very nice, I am really liking it. Very slick and stylish. Thanks for the link.

hermegildo
04-21-2005, 08:53 AM
I saw Shinkiro artwork and just for a second, I thought he came back to work on SSVI. Then I realized it was just old SS artwork. :(

The site looks really nice though, and I'm looking forward to info on SSVI. :buttrock:

beelzebubble
04-21-2005, 09:08 AM
really nice site, im impressed!

tsukaesugi
04-21-2005, 09:17 AM
Hmm... I see a bunch of artwork we've already seen and that's about it.

This is my very favourite SNK series, and it's the reason why I bought a Neo-Geo, so I tend to get very excited when SS is mentioned, but so far there's not much on that site to get my chinker going.

I'll start getting piqued when the first SS6 screenshots come up.

neojedi
04-21-2005, 09:24 AM
Is Warrior's Rage 2 in the lower left corner, or is that the first SSV, or something else? I'm curious whether they are counting both SSVs as 1 game, and whether SSWR2 is counted at all.

DevilRedeemed
04-21-2005, 09:25 AM
Hmm... I see a bunch of artwork we've already seen and that's about it.

This is my very favourite SNK series, and it's the reason why I bought a Neo-Geo, so I tend to get very excited when SS is mentioned, but so far there's not much on that site to get my chinker going.

I'll start getting piqued when the first SS6 screenshots come up.

I'm very much inclined to believe this site was set up with the main purpose of pushing the next installment in the series. there is an empty square in the title page, and the way I see it, they will be showcasing a successive samurai spirits game every thursday until they get to SS6. I think this is more probable than not.

tsukaesugi
04-21-2005, 09:46 AM
Is Warrior's Rage 2 in the lower left corner, or is that the first SSV, or something else? I'm curious whether they are counting both SSVs as 1 game, and whether SSWR2 is counted at all.

Yep, that's Warrior's Rage (in the lower left / 7 position).

The middle / 5 position is the first Hyper 64 SS, and the middle right / 6 position is the second Hyper release.

Ugh.

3D SS, SFC SS, PS SS, NGPC SS.

Ugh ugh ugh.

tsukaesugi
04-21-2005, 09:49 AM
I'm very much inclined to believe this site was set up with the main purpose of pushing the next installment in the series.

Oh, I think so too, but I'm really not going to start getting excited until I start seeing some screenshots.

If the next SS is only going to be AW SSZS with new BG's, I'm going to be PO'd.

StaticX
04-21-2005, 09:51 AM
that site sure is very PURTY!
can't wait till they start on the news of a new SS!!!

Shito
04-21-2005, 10:00 AM
If the next SS is only going to be AW SSZS with new BG's, I'm going to be PO'd.

You SERIOUSLY hope for anything different from that?

kafuin_gaira
04-21-2005, 10:08 AM
bookmarked, and thanks for the link.

will keep an eye on it. the ss1 has a download movie for the intro of the game, nothing too special there.

bokmeow
04-21-2005, 10:44 AM
Yep, that's Warrior's Rage (in the lower left / 7 position).

The middle / 5 position is the first Hyper 64 SS, and the middle right / 6 position is the second Hyper release.

Ugh.

3D SS, SFC SS, PS SS, NGPC SS.

Ugh ugh ugh.

That reminds me: what's the PS SS game all about, that Warrior's Rage thing? It takes place like years after the continuity in the NeoGeo SS right, and Haohmaru is like this old wizened geezer now with the long beard and the grey hair without the magical mouse that keeps his hair spiking all over. I almost never hear people talking about this game, and it's not some port of the SS64 right?

tsukaesugi
04-21-2005, 10:54 AM
That reminds me: what's the PS SS game all about, that Warrior's Rage thing? It takes place like years after the continuity in the NeoGeo SS right, and Haohmaru is like this old wizened geezer now with the long beard and the grey hair without the magical mouse that keeps his hair spiking all over. I almost never hear people talking about this game, and it's not some port of the SS64 right?

(*sigh* I'm supposed to be in bed. Damn Internet)

Yeah, Warrior's Rage was set twenty years or so after the normal SS storyline.

:mad:

You can play an older Haohmaru or Hanzo, and Nakoruru (and I think Rimu too can't remember or be assed to check) is in the cut scenes too- she was frozen in a crystal or something, so she's still a teenybopper.

IT IS NOT A HYPER 64 PORT. It's its own original game. Like Evil Wasabi once said "it plays like a fighting game made by people who have no conception of what a fighting game is". It's blocky, jerky, and slow with boring graphics and poo-poo for BGM.

They only good thing about this "game" is the cinemas that you can unlock after winning with certain characters, some of those movies were pretty neat (and I will grudgingly admit, there was some neat character design too).

I bought this sucker upon release back in the day and I was muchly disappointed.

World Heroes 2 > Warrior's Rage

bokmeow
04-21-2005, 10:57 AM
I see... no wonder no one talks much about it. Who designed it? Was it licensed out to some other developer for release on the PS? I've noticed that Senri Kita still did the artwork for the PS Warrior's Rage.

Hmkay
04-21-2005, 11:00 AM
If I remember right, the Hattori Hanzo from Warrior's Rage is actually Shinzo, Hanzo's son. The one Amakusa stole the body from, and who is fred at the end of SS2.

tsukaesugi
04-21-2005, 11:03 AM
I see... no wonder no one talks much about it. Who designed it? Was it licensed out to some other developer for release on the PS? I've noticed that Senri Kita still did the artwork for the PS Warrior's Rage.

Dunno... I think it was just one of those weird in-house SNK PSX games like "Athena: Waking from the Ordinary Life", and that other RPG they made.

I can tell you one thing though... I still see 12" statues of 'Rinka' (one of the female characters) for sale in Akihabara.

What a minor character, from such a minor game. Why the hell anyone make a 12" collectable statue of her is beyond me.

bokmeow
04-21-2005, 11:05 AM
I can tell you one thing though... I still see 12" statues of 'Rinka' (one of the female characters) for sale in Akihabara.

What a minor character, from such a minor game. Why the hell anyone make a 12" collectable statue of her is beyond me.

Is it because maybe she's hawt?

And I bet it's teh R@r3

tsukaesugi
04-21-2005, 11:05 AM
If I remember right, the Hattori Hanzo from Warrior's Rage is actually Shinzo, Hanzo's son. The one Amakusa stole the body from, and who is fred at the end of SS2.

That makes sense, 'cause Haohmaru has obviously aged, but Hanzo is the same. I always thought it was because we couldn't see the gray hairs behind the mask.

But then again, IIRC Hanzo says something like "It's been a long time hasn't it Haohmaru" when they meet...

SouthtownKid
04-21-2005, 12:10 PM
Hanzo is definitely the son, according to the All About book. I actually kind of dig the game. But of course, my expectations were super low. It definitely has a different pace (nicest way to put it), but I like the atmosphere and still play it occasionally.

Of course WH2 is better. I'm glad you're finally seeing the light on what a quality game it is.

Oh yeah, almost forgot to comment on the site. I like it overall, but I'm not crazy about them using the Star Trek font at the top to say "Samurai Spirits Official Website". What sense does that make? They could have picked a more appropriate font, imo.

neojedi
04-21-2005, 01:39 PM
I liked WR2 in 1P mode... the fights were a little challenging, but didn't force you to dig deeper into the limited gameplay than you wanted to. Story and character designs were excellent. I find that most people's opinions of the PSX release are colored by the fact that they wanted a Hyper port and got a raw deal.

I'm not crazy about them using the Star Trek font at the top to say "Samurai Spirits Official Website"
ROFL... nice catch.

"Feudal Japan... the final frontier. These are the voyages of the samurai Haohmaru. His 5 year mission: to explore strange new brands of sake, to seek out new opponents from other civilizations... to boldy kick dirt in samurai's faces where no one has kicked dirt their faces before!!!" <cue music> :D

Cain Highwind
04-21-2005, 02:14 PM
"Feudal Japan... the final frontier. These are the voyages of the samurai Haohmaru. His 5 year mission: to explore strange new brands of sake, to seek out new opponents from other civilizations... to boldy kick dirt in samurai's faces where no one has kicked dirt their faces before!!!" <cue music> :D

:lol:

Nice one, I've got to quote that. I noticed the Star Trek font as well, but I could never have thought of that!

As for Warriors Rage 2 I rather liked it. I thought the music, characters, and 1P Story Mode were fun. Gameplay was "meh" hell there was one time where I could actually stand on top of another character for a quick second. The CG Cutscenes were probably the best part, especially that alternate opening that starts like a B&W silent film. The models were meh but the actual art direction was sublime.

Fran
04-22-2005, 10:54 PM
considering that the opening movie of ss1 is now up,
i see a lot of similarities between this new ss site and the one dedicated to the 10th anniversary of kof

so until playmore or sources close to them like arcadia start talking about the new aw game...

Tung Fu ru
04-23-2005, 12:31 AM
cool site. Can't wait til it's more together.

SAMURAI SHODOWN VI is coming.....hopefully soon.

neosportskid
04-24-2005, 12:51 PM
They should have gen-an and earthquake back. Rimiruru should be killed.
And ss5 should have came out in 98. :cool: Instead they wasted their time on MS3.

Hmkay
04-24-2005, 01:00 PM
And ss5 should have came out in 98. :cool: Instead they wasted their time on MS3.
That's totally unrelated... MSX wasn't even out in 98, but they were wasting their time on MS3 ?
And none of the time put into MS3 can be considered a "waste", anyway.

Asura
04-24-2005, 05:05 PM

Yep that's the logo of SS Warrior's Rage 2 for PS. Hope they keep updating the site until they post some info about the next SS for Atomiswave. :drool_2:

Asura
04-24-2005, 05:08 PM
By the way thanks to Shinto for the link, very nice site.

Fran
05-14-2005, 12:10 AM
shin samurai spirits page is now up if anyone's remotely bothered

http://www.samuraispirits-official.com/title/samurai-spirits2/index.php

tried downloading the exe for the intro

and it's without sound? what the fuck?

Fran
05-14-2005, 12:13 AM
ukyo ?

http://www.samuraispirits-official.com/character/ukyo/index.php

Hmkay
05-14-2005, 02:45 AM
and it's without sound? what the fuck?
I guess you should update your codecs, cause I had sound.