MN Roll Call: "Kung Fu Hustle", this weekend

aria

Former Moderator
What day?

I prefer an no-later-than 9 show because I got a party to get to on Fri and Sat.

It's playing at Southdale.

Who's in, what place, time, etc?

I still wish we had the Arclight Cinema (I've said this before) -they just added a special "21+" showtime that permits you to bring their bar drinks into the theater :( Dammit, that would rock: watching some kung-fu flick while getting smashed on a few martinis? :D

Last edited:
Bobak said:
What day?

I prefer an no-later-than 9 show because I got a party to get to on Fri and Sat.

It's playing at Southdale.

Who's in, what place, time, etc?

I still wish we had the Arclight Cinema (I've said this before) -they just added a special "21+" showtime that permits you to bring their bar drinks into the theater :( Dammit, that would rock: watching some kung-fu flick while getting smashed on a few martinis? :D

Yeah Yeah... I'm down for a Saturday show. Lets do a 7:xx at Southdale.

Hey Delly!!! We're finaly doing something on Saturday... you had best to be there!

Criterionradiohead ;)

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Why must it always be before 8:00 :crying:

aria

Former Moderator
Actually, I can do a later time on Sat. There won't be a conflict.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
That would be nice.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Bobak said:

[troll]

Don't eat too much popcorn... gotta save room for pizza & pop

[/troll]

aria

Former Moderator
TonK said:
[troll]

Don't eat too much popcorn... gotta save room for pizza & pop

[/troll]

Shoo, shoo!

Bad TonK, Bad!

:shame:

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I'd go but my Sun. morning work schedule screws up my Sat.

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Since you guys are looking to do this on a Saturday.... I might be able to make it.

aria

Former Moderator
Okay, here are some options for Saturday night (I don't know who's going, so here are a few different locations):

Southdale: 7:45, 10:15
Lagoon (2 screens): 7:00, 8:00, 9:15, 10:15
Eden Prarie: 8:05, 10:30
Inver Grove: 7:40, 10:35
Elk River: 7:15, 9:25 (hah... just kidding)

Personally, I vote for either Southdale or the Lagoon. If we go Lagoon we can avoid spastastic high schoolers and grab some nice grub and plenty-o-booze at Zeno or Chino Latino (or both!) :p

Grinwing said:
Since you guys are looking to do this on a Saturday.... I might be able to make it.

Awesome! I warn you: despite the rumors to the contrary, we're actually fun to hang out with.

Bobak said:
Okay, here are some options for Saturday night (I don't know who's going, so here are a few different locations):

Southdale: 7:45, 10:15
Lagoon (2 screens): 7:00, 8:00, 9:15, 10:15
Eden Prarie: 8:05, 10:30
Inver Grove: 7:40, 10:35
Elk River: 7:15, 9:25 (hah... just kidding)

Personally, I vote for either Southdale or the Lagoon. If we go Lagoon we can avoid spastastic high schoolers and grab some nice grub and plenty-o-booze at Zeno or Chino Latino (or both!) :p

Awesome! I warn you: despite the rumors to the contrary, we're actually fun to hang out with.

I would prefer one of these two please:

Inver Grove: 10:35
Eden Prarie: 10:30

And then I want to go get shit faced afterwards... that's just my two cents. :D

Criterionradiohead ;)

aria

Former Moderator
Criterionradiohead said:
I would prefer one of these two please:

Inver Grove: 10:35
Eden Prarie: 10:30

And then I want to go get shit faced afterwards... that's just my two cents. :D

Criterionradiohead ;)

:p

If Erik is going we should pick Eden Prarie. If Jason is also going we should go to Southdale. It's as close to equi-distant as there is.

Mike, you need to move nearer to downtown.

Bobak said:
:p

If Erik is going we should pick Eden Prarie. If Jason is also going we should go to Southdale. It's as close to equi-distant as there is.

Mike, you need to move nearer to downtown.

I'm working on getting out of Bumblefuckville ASAP... my lease is up in Sept. and I'm moving right away.

But besides all that, I think you and (with the possible exception of Magician) are the only folks who have no problem going anywhere. I'll drive anywhere for good movies with my friends.

Besides all that... I think this is the last time I'll be at a computer till Monday, so someone call me and tell me what the final decision is for a theatre.

Thanks,

Criterionradiohead ;)

aria

Former Moderator
From talking to people last night (in person and on the phone), it looks like this was the consensus

Southdale: 10:15pm

That's a little better for the St. Paul folks than Eden Prarie (which even for me is a drive).

Some of us will definitely be meeting before for food.

aria

Former Moderator
If any of you are planning to join us for dinner, we're meeting at California Pizza Kitchen @ Southdale @ 8pm