MAS sticks, are they truly the best? What about the layout?

2Dfan

Formerly "Dreamer"
20 Year Member
So I've heard the MAs sticks are the best sticks to buy, but what about the buttons and stick? Concave or Convex buttons, Ultimate or Competition stick?

Also, is the PS2 10 button layout good for all fighters on PS2, GC etc?

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
i've been happy with masssytems sticks and superguns since i got into mvs.
not necessarily "the best" out there, but definitely quality work. had two different setups, one a hand-me-down from a friend, and another custom built for neo. also ordered a dreamcast mas stick waay back in the day.

my current sticks are p360s (optical) and convex buttons. i'm quite happy with the setup and expect it to last for a long time. they will pretty much let you choose the button layout, colors, etc.

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
The funny thing is that MAS sticks are just off the shelf in terms of parts. And the layout is nothing special. My guess is that the only reason everyone prefers them is that you can actually get sticks made to your liking. Ain't many joystick vendors out there, especially ones that do it custom for you and use high quality parts.

That said, I think if another vendor came around and made nicer looking sticks they'd make a fortune.

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
Nesagwa said:
Hey, D, did that package arrive yet?
Actually, just received it homeslice. Looking at doing that mod soon.

2Dfan

Formerly "Dreamer"
20 Year Member
So, the choice would be between a MAS custom and the hori real arcade pro stick? Or are there any others I'm missing?

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Dreamer said:
So, the choice would be between a MAS custom and the hori real arcade pro stick? Or are there any others I'm missing?

Real Arcade Pro is the best I've used. Japanese stick/buttons.

I liked the MAS sticks a lot, though, because they were so big it felt like I was actually playing an arcade machine (a US machine, anyway).