Greeting everyone
http://image.www.rakuten.co.jp/edigi-game/img10071332246.jpeg

http://image.www.rakuten.co.jp/edigi-game/img10071332259.jpeg

wookiewombat
04-18-2005, 08:57 AM
they plan on a US release of Neo Wave?

Mark of the Wolves
04-18-2005, 09:00 AM
Doubt since its not going to be shown at E3.

wookiewombat
04-18-2005, 09:10 AM
Doubt since its not going to be shown at E3.
lame-o...ill just be excited if they relase Neo Battle Coliseum on the consoles. now that game looks like fucking fun with all the characters they got.

fatal fury fan #2
04-18-2005, 09:13 AM
I like both covers :glee: nice art work

Mark of the Wolves
04-18-2005, 09:23 AM
lame-o...ill just be excited if they relase Neo Battle Coliseum on the consoles. now that game looks like fucking fun with all the characters they got.

After hearing that Neo Wave was coming to PS2 its basically a given the Neo Geo Battle Coliseum is next. That's the game I am really waiting for. I'm pretty sure it will be on my import list since I don't own a Xbox, and if it comes stateside it will probably be released there.

Oh and I love the Neo Wave cover.

recon_zero
04-18-2005, 09:25 AM
The artwork is nice, maybe better than the game... i will try to hunt either 2002 or this one (Neowave).

hermegildo
04-18-2005, 09:31 AM
Man, both covers are really nice, specially after being horribly let down by that atrocious Garou cover.

Is that Tonko's work in the Last Blade cover?

Grandmaster-C
04-18-2005, 09:32 AM
Nice Covers :)

hermegildo
04-18-2005, 10:32 AM
Yeah, the Last Blade compilation cover definitely has that Tonko feel to it. If it is, then it's really great to see that SNKP took the trouble of contacting her to do the cover, Last Blade might've not been the same if it weren't for her. My question is, if they got her to do the Last Blade cover, why didn't they hire her to do the Garou cover? I don't think she worked on that crappy cover, though it does have a similar style.

Also, did we ever get to know who worked on the Neowave portraits? It looks like Range Murata, but I think somebody here said that it wasn't him. This cover definitely looks like his stuff though.

Shito
04-18-2005, 10:58 AM
NW cover is meh.

Gekka cover is pure Tonko magic.

Shito
04-18-2005, 11:02 AM
the art of neowave isnt too bad. the drawer from matrimelee.

No way, that's NOT Murata Range's art. Just forget it.

ray_7
04-18-2005, 12:41 PM
very nice covers.

can't wait for both of them to be released, especially neowave. rarely played it in the arcades, so now i can enjoy it fully... :drool:

now, wheres ngbc, snkplaymore?

Curt
04-18-2005, 03:00 PM
Very Nice covers, I actually like them alot.

Any word on a release date yet?

son_of_bael
04-18-2005, 03:04 PM
Shame they are not on the Xbox..

Dash Turbo X
04-18-2005, 05:18 PM
wow, those covers look pretty nice. Too bad the US ones (if they even get here) will probably not even look as good.

BIG BEAR
04-18-2005, 05:50 PM
So where's the male characters at in the NW cover? I expect the front cover of a fighter to show some expression/tension.
The LB cover is not bad...kaede looks like a muppet but it is the best out of the lot.
-BB

Mark of the Wolves
04-18-2005, 05:54 PM
Very Nice covers, I actually like them alot.

Any word on a release date yet?

Neo Wave is set to release on 6/23/05. The Last Blade Compilation is 6/30/05. The next two King of Fighters compilations don't have dates though.

tsukaesugi
04-18-2005, 06:17 PM
even if it isnt murata their styles look alike. dont really like it too much, neither murata or this guy. deffenitelly seen this guys works more often. the motw artists simple but very cool style suits me more.

IIRC the person who drew the NeoWave art (someone who knows the name will probably pop in this thread) was an assistant of Range Murata's.

ying123
04-18-2005, 07:38 PM
It's Tomokazu Nakano. I used to visit his homepage but all I get now is "Sorry, the page you requested was not found"

The_Shape
04-18-2005, 09:15 PM
The PS2 Garou cover was made by Tonko.

Tonko also did other covers the whole Neo-Geo.com bashed: the JPN PS2 KOF2002 cover (K´/Kula/Iori/Kyo). Plus a couple Nests covers: the one where everyone is standing around (K9999, Lin, Kula and so on), and the one with Kula and K´side-by-side, behind a frozen wall (the Nests satellite beside them).

ying123
04-18-2005, 09:34 PM

Tonko also did other covers the whole Neo-Geo.com bashed: the JPN PS2 KOF2002 cover (K´/Kula/Iori/Kyo). Plus a couple Nests covers: the one where everyone is standing around (K9999, Lin, Kula and so on), and the one with Kula and K´side-by-side, behind a frozen wall (the Nests satellite beside them).
Are you sure those were her works? They looked so different from Metal Slug(3&4)covers

yagami_boy
04-18-2005, 10:29 PM
NW cover was good, but...

Well, the LBC cover was one of the best game covers!

Fran
04-18-2005, 10:33 PM
http://image.www.rakuten.co.jp/edigi-game/img10071332246.jpeg

[/IMG]

alright cover for a superb game

SouthtownKid
04-18-2005, 11:31 PM
The PS2 Garou cover was made by Tonko. I suppose you have some proof of that.

and the one with Kula and K´side-by-side, behind a frozen wall (the Nests satellite beside them).If that's the one i'm thinking of (that they also used as half of the US '00/'01 PS2 port cover), yeah that is probably the worst piece of official artwork ever to come out of old SNK. I kind of liked the JPN '02 PS2 port cover, though.

As for the Neowave cover, I like it better than the portraits that came out at the time of the game, at least. He's still no Murata, though. Not even close.

The LB cover is definitely the best of the 3 recent PS2 covers, imo.

hermegildo
04-18-2005, 11:53 PM

I can kinda see the Garou PS2 cover and the JPN '00 PS2 cover being done by Tonko. Maybe even the '01 cover you mention, but I really doubt that the '02 one was done by her. It doesn't look like her stuff at all.

But like SouthtownKid said, if you have proof to back this stuff up, then I'll shut my mouth. The Last Blade one owns any of those for free regardless.

showdownfan666
04-19-2005, 12:48 AM
I think both covers look great. I love the LB one :drool:

neosportskid
04-19-2005, 02:44 AM
Who wants to play lb2 on ps2. It is totally inferior and that box art really makes me want to throw up. I hope neowave gets a US release but the title everyone really wants is the neo-geo batlle collesium, and that better come out on ps2 in the US!
The neowave cover is pretty good.

ken_dong
04-19-2005, 05:22 AM
i like neowave cover more than gekka one ^^

Shito
04-19-2005, 06:33 AM
It's Tomokazu Nakano.

And he honestly sucks.

Shito
04-19-2005, 06:34 AM

You're just kiddin', aren't you? :kekeke:

ken_dong
04-19-2005, 06:52 AM
what i said...

what's wrong with that?

ying123
04-19-2005, 06:53 AM
And he honestly sucks.
While the cover is slightly better than in-game arts, I kind of agree with you
Why didn't they hire Hiroaki instead?

Mark of the Wolves
04-19-2005, 08:55 AM

Same here. I will defintely say that the Last Blade cover is done by the better artist, its just doesn't do much for me.

ying123
04-20-2005, 03:08 AM
This five characters have confirmed in Neowave: Seth, Angel, May Lee, Rugal, Kusanagi

Amano Jacu
04-20-2005, 05:07 AM
alright cover for a superb game

I'm just wondering if you are serious on that...

Anyway and back on topic, I like both covers but the LB one is much better, that series has one of the best arts in any Neo game. The NW one is OK, fortunately it doesn't use any of the characters that have a very weird art in the game (Takuma, Yamazaki, Robert, etc...). Its only problem is that it looks too much cut&paste, specially Geese.

Shito
04-20-2005, 07:09 AM
While the cover is slightly better than in-game arts, I kind of agree with you
Why didn't they hire Hiroaki instead?

Hiroaki is a pure art genius. God bless him for the BRILLIANT KOF2001 cover.

I also dig Nona. He got style and attitude, and he's capable of putting them BOTH in his portraits especially.

Shiroi Eiji is great too.

TONKO is a kind of art god.

Murata Range is great.

But hey, that Murata Range wannabe stinks. And yes, Falcoon with his 'doujinshi-like' digipaint art stinks as well, possibly more.

Screw them both.

Shito
04-20-2005, 07:11 AM
This port of NeoWave is getting a wider and winder roster. Interesting. Considering NeoWave was a kind of lame port in the first place, the PS2 release looks interesting. Port of a port = port, isn't it? Not a NeoGame anyway. :kekeke:

Shito
04-20-2005, 07:12 AM
Neverless, come to think that KOFex2 Howling Blood OWNZ NeoWave in term of new stuff (some cool new faces), storyline and ART. Hiroaki is the name.

Fran
04-20-2005, 07:33 AM
I'm just wondering if you are serious on that...

i'm dead serious

the art used for the game is passable,and it's a bit of a grower

the game is superb,
a revision of 2k2 ( my current favourite kof - been playing it seriously for about 3 months now and it's godly)

with easier to pull off combos - supercancels - etc

because you don't have to use 2 stocks to activate the bc mode in the middle of a combo and then another stock to supercancel and another stock for a sdm

ok,actually you don't have to use the bc mode at all :kekeke:

you can do amazing new stuff with the supercancel mode,
and even the other 2 "styles" are potentially abusable

i have seen people using the just defended style and you can start a combo right after just defending and there's also an incredibly cheap wire counter CD...

and with the heat mode you can literally kill your opponents in a few seconds

i truly do not care for the extra characters,in fact it's the only negative aspect of the port

they must not alter the balance of the original game by removing / altering stuff

and adding new characters is a damn stupid idea

but of course,how many people play kof seriously in here?

how many people are going to appreciate the game?

3? 4? that's why neo geo com sucks,nobody plays the damn games

that's why you get super lame comments from people who only care about the cover or the story or other lame useless shit

LWK
04-20-2005, 07:36 AM
i'm dead serious

the art used for the game is passable,and it's a bit of a grower

the game is superb,
a revision of 2k2 ( my current favourite kof - been playing it seriously for about 3 months now and it's godly)

with easier to pull off combos - supercancels - etc

because you don't have to use 2 stocks to activate the bc mode in the middle of a combo and then another stock to supercancel and another stock for a sdm

ok,actually you don't have to use the bc mode at all :kekeke:

you can do amazing new stuff with the supercancel mode,
and even the other 2 "styles" are potentially abusable

i have seen people using the just defended style and you can start a combo right after just defending and there's also an incredibly cheap wire counter CD...

and with the heat mode you can literally kill your opponents in a few seconds

i truly do not care for the extra characters,in fact it's the only negative aspect of the port

they must not alter the balance of the original game by removing / altering stuff

and adding new characters is a damn stupid idea

but of course,how many people play kof seriously in here?

how many people are going to appreciate the game?

3? 4? that's why neo geo com sucks,nobody plays the damn games

that's why you get super lame comments from people who only care about the cover or the story or other lame useless shit

I recommend everyone learn max mode and mid activation. I use it alot, and its saved my ass in tight situations. I just love what I can do with iori, vanessa and my fave char in 2002, yamazaki. Well his max semi inf is very useful if you land one sC. =P

Amano Jacu
04-20-2005, 07:55 AM
i'm dead serious

Sorry, it's just that I am so much used to listening such shit about this game that I just couldn't believe it.
By the way, I just received the Neowave AW cart in the mail some hours ago. I like it quite a lot too, 02 is also possibly my favourite KoF. Let's see if I can improve my level this time. We might consider doing another KoF tourney in Barcelona using Neowave sometime too.

Fran
04-20-2005, 08:04 AM
I recommend everyone learn max mode and mid activation. I use it alot, and its saved my ass in tight situations. I just love what I can do with iori, vanessa and my fave char in 2002, yamazaki. Well his max semi inf is very useful if you land one sC. =P

ahh,you're a "technician" eh?

i never use teams made of 3 characters who depend a lot on bc mode

i usually pick up a strong fighter without massive bc combos or with no bc combos at all

like billy,yuri,benimaru,chris

well chris does have bc combos but his damage is so low you don't even wanna waste stocks supercancelling or with bc stuff

and then leave people like mai or kusanagi at the end with 5 stocks :glee:

vanessa is such a bitch in 2k2
90 % with a 2 stocks bc combo is just too much to take

they toned her down in neowave,thank god

have you tried the game yet?

iori can link his sdm after the 2nd deadly flower and his HCB + b / d can be cancelled into the special throw up to 4 times and does MASSIVE damage

Fran
04-20-2005, 08:19 AM
Sorry, it's just that I am so much used to listening such shit about this game that I just couldn't believe it.
By the way, I just received the AW cart in the mail some hours ago. I like it quite a lot too, 02 is also possibly my favourite KoF. Let's see if I can improve my level this time. We might consider doing another KoF tourney in Barcelona using this game soemtime too.

yep,
people bash neowave cos it's not 100 % new and because it's 95 % recycled

maybe we should tell them that 1996 is over

who gives a crap though,
the game has a lot of NEW stuff in the gameplay dpt and it's a blast to play

they are all drooling over NBC
because ehi it's got new sprites,new characters,blah blah
too bad NBC is basically SVCC rev. 2 so i will be laughing in their faces when game comes out

it will be forgotten in about 4 weeks,just like chaos

tell you what,me and my friends were thinking about picking up an AW + neowave

but the fact we need to splash out more cash for a supergun or to consolize it has kinda killed the enthusiasm...

LWK
04-20-2005, 08:20 AM
ahh,you're a "technician" eh?

i never use teams made of 3 characters who depend a lot on bc mode

i usually pick up a strong fighter without massive bc combos or with no bc combos at all

like billy,yuri,benimaru,chris

well chris does have bc combos but his damage is so low you don't even wanna waste stocks supercancelling or with bc stuff

and then leave people like mai or kusanagi at the end with 5 stocks :glee:

vanessa is such a bitch in 2k2
90 % with a 2 stocks bc combo is just too much to take

they toned her down in neowave,thank god

have you tried the game yet?

iori can link his sdm after the 2nd deadly flower and his HCB + b / d can be cancelled into the special throw up to 4 times and does MASSIVE damage

I use almost everyone. Those chars are my saving grace, so I hear you. I like the idea of one insurance char. I try to keep damn busy with Iori. (My max entrances are always off of either sC or sD.)

I like to mix in my yama because I got his mix up game good, not good like my clark. *He lacks clark based wake up whorage* but still pretty decent. I got some training with clark from a friend who has the best leona i've ever played, and then I took leona up also.. Leona IMO is probably one of the best chars in the game. I dont consider her cheap like everyone else, I respect her game like I respect vice's.

Chris's max's are high as hell though. I mean I use his sC fwdA, bc sC fwdA hcb b/HCB x 2 B, or sc cancel to SDM if I amo stocked 4. Thats good enough damage for me, and I am not stock reliant with him, since his hop game and dp A are so useful as is. My chris is entirely rushdown. and abusing that dpA whenever someone guards to long or just as a mix..

Mai is one of the few chars I dont use in 2002. I dont like her or athena. I do use yuri and I find her air and mind games very easy to abuse. She is so damn much like takuma in this, it makes me realize why I liked the old takuma better. HCB B/D for example. Her cB's to cA to dpC to dm cancel.. These things I just love.. I liked her in 2001, so shes a shoe in.

My best chars are Chang, Iori, Yama, Billy, CLARK. I fucking love clark in this, more then 98, regardless of ralf style sC far pokes and ADV mode abuse. I just like the fact they yanked that abusable rapid A/C and his entire game is only wake ups now.. I like 98 Daimon above others still, but I really miss that dfC hcb B dpA hcf C bug more then anything. I sometimes do half of the damn bug before I realize its gone.

I really like choi in this, hes my only answer to some tiers, and even then theres no guarantee. Mai is to scary because of her air mix ups, shes the biggest pain in the ass in the right hands because of her recovery and retreat skills. Unless im poking sD's and dfC's with daimon, I suck balls against her with grapplers. My clark cant tech a damn thing she does because of the area of freedom that surrounds her. Those air ass moves are the lamest shit IMO. I cant stand her man.
Yama can deal with her if he does his counter move at the right time, but if she cx's me with that one air drop deal, im fucked.

I actually fear mai more then choi and even athena.

I gotta kill some time with NW, I hate just defense. I think its a throw away mode and its just gonna be something else that will interrupt my play. The fact NGBC has no short hops pretty much sucks my interest right out of it. I mean c'mon, mr karate/ryo with no shorts? Ugh..

I agree about 2002, the max's, sc cancels, tapping, speed. The game is just perfect for competition. Does neowave have anything to offer on its own, outside of flat out pimping on the other kof's?

I might also add I am not some respectable player like I used to be. If i find a hard as shit inf and I can actually do it, I'll take it right to competition. Playing tourney mexicans and a few others, I've upped my style of play and I still get the best matches from this one dude from pakistan.

I remember getting owned by vanessa and yama's semi infs. I laughed watching them and thought I'd never do the damn things, bam, I can do them myself and there is no sweeter feeling then having a yama with 4 stocks land that semi inf, and take 100%.

2Dfan
04-20-2005, 08:41 AM
Is Garou Neo Geo Collection Vol.1 or am I missing something here?

ying123
04-20-2005, 09:28 AM
Is Garou Neo Geo Collection Vol.1 or am I missing something here?
Yes it is.
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115432

honeyman
04-20-2005, 09:51 AM
On the covers:

Neo Wave one looks nice, good ensemble, simple and clean.

Last Blade collection has nice artwork but cover looks a bit cluttered with all the text and so on.

ken_dong
04-20-2005, 10:11 AM
On the covers:

Neo Wave one looks nice, good ensemble, simple and clean.

Last Blade collection has nice artwork but cover looks a bit cluttered with all the text and so on.
Exactly ^^

ken_dong
04-20-2005, 10:18 AM
maybe it's already said, but... Fran, do you go to arcades in order to play NW? Or got atomiswave?

Spike Spiegel
04-20-2005, 11:54 AM
The LB one looks great. As much as I hate the artwork from the person that did Neo Wave (worst part of Matrimelee... otherwise a great game), I don't mind that cover, either. Looking good.

I agree, on the off-topic comment about NBC, as I can't wait for it to come out. So many cool characters to pick from.

Spike Spiegel
04-20-2005, 11:56 AM
Hiroaki is a pure art genius. God bless him for the BRILLIANT KOF2001 cover.

I also dig Nona. He got style and attitude, and he's capable of putting them BOTH in his portraits especially.

Shiroi Eiji is great too.

TONKO is a kind of art god.

Murata Range is great.

But hey, that Murata Range wannabe stinks. And yes, Falcoon with his 'doujinshi-like' digipaint art stinks as well, possibly more.

Screw them both.

What a series of terrible opinions, ending with the ultimate insult of Falcoon. That guy's a total badass. Nona's stuff got better, but he started off TERRIBLE.

JHendrix
04-20-2005, 12:07 PM
Good to see I'm not the only one amazed that Fran now likes Neowave and KOF2k2.

:cool:

Shito
04-20-2005, 12:23 PM
person that did Neo Wave (worst part of Matrimelee... otherwise a great game)

NOT. THE. SAME. ARTIST.

FOR THE 10000 time :oh_no:

(also the 10 time in this very thread) :oh_no:

Baseley09
04-20-2005, 12:44 PM
What a series of terrible opinions, ending with the ultimate insult of Falcoon. That guy's a total badass. Nona's stuff got better, but he started off TERRIBLE.

Well its only an opinion but I pretty much think a lot of Falcoon's stuff is rubbish. Too bubbly, fat & under detailedfor me.

SouthtownKid
04-20-2005, 01:21 PM
NOT. THE. SAME. ARTIST.

FOR THE 10000 time :oh_no:

(also the 10 time in this very thread) :oh_no:Yeah, it's been said a bunch of times, but you know what? I now don't think Murata did Matrimelee, either. I think it was this joker. Look closely. I think we always all assumed it was Murata, because we had no reason to expect any differently at that time. Now, I'm not sure.

I think Matrimelee looked more like Murata because this guy had all the old Goketsuji Ichizoku character illustrations to reference from, whereas Murata never drew KOF, so that was easier to spot as being a different artist.

hermegildo
04-20-2005, 02:22 PM
Yeah, it's been said a bunch of times, but you know what? I now don't think Murata did Matrimelee, either. I think it was this joker. Look closely. I think we always all assumed it was Murata, because we had no reason to expect any differently at that time. Now, I'm not sure.

I think Matrimelee looked more like Murata because this guy had all the old Goketsuji Ichizoku character illustrations to reference from, whereas Murata never drew KOF, so that was easier to spot as being a different artist.

I never bothered to look at both of these guys' work side by side, but now that the mention it, the illustrations in Matrimelee and the ones in Neowave look extremely similar. I've googled Matrimelee, and I always seem to find that Murata is the official illustrator for the game though. If the guy in Neowave is indeed a wannabe, then his work is really close to that of Murata's, to what he did in Matrimelee at least. Does anybody have official information on who the artists for both of these games were?

I'm curious about this myself now.

Shito
04-20-2005, 04:25 PM
Yeah, it's been said a bunch of times, but you know what? I now don't think Murata did Matrimelee, either. I think it was this joker. Look closely. I think we always all assumed it was Murata, because we had no reason to expect any differently at that time. Now, I'm not sure.

It's Murata. I personally talked with the Gonzo staff (I was working on Last Exile back then) and we were discussing about how great was that Murata actually did the last Gouketsuji chapter art. On top of that, is clarely his art. Females are especially typical of his style, Kurara and Sissy on top. Everyone knows Murata has a lolicon. :kekeke:

Shito
04-20-2005, 04:26 PM
Well its only an opinion but I pretty much think a lot of Falcoon's stuff is rubbish. Too bubbly, fat & under detailedfor me.

Typical doujinshi style. Otakus get all exicted for the OMG OMG big b00bs. But females all looks like retards (after-rape-retards, that is), and portrayts have almost 0 attitude. Lame.

JHendrix
04-20-2005, 04:28 PM
It's Murata. I personally talked with the Gonzo staff (I was working on Last Exile back then) and we were discussing about how great was that Murata actually did the last Gouketsuji chapter art. On top of that, is clarely his art. Females are especially typical of his style, Kurara and Sissy on top. Everyone knows Murata has a lolicon. :kekeke:

Average Joe was right.

He does practically write the jokes for you.

Rade K
04-20-2005, 05:01 PM
NW: Looks bland and generic like most anime. Of all the SNK / SNKP covers, this is one of the worst ever.

LB 1 and 2: A lame attempt to duplicate the style of LB, while at the same time, making it look like bland old manga art.

There is nothing about these arts that would make them stand out, and nothing that would make them appeal to a fan, even.

I liked the MOTW cover, much, much better.

Cover Posse Out.

Shito
04-20-2005, 05:03 PM
Average Joe was right.

He does practically write the jokes for you.

I'm just missing something here... :conf:

Rade K
04-20-2005, 05:11 PM
I'm just missing something here... :conf:

Cousin Mooky can esplain it too you. He'll 'spain it good.

Shito
04-20-2005, 05:15 PM
Cousin Mooky can esplain it too you. He'll 'spain it good.

Oh, well... +1

sQuareh4t3r
04-20-2005, 07:02 PM
NW: Looks bland and generic like most anime. Of all the SNK / SNKP covers, this is one of the worst ever.

LB 1 and 2: A lame attempt to duplicate the style of LB, while at the same time, making it look like bland old manga art.

There is nothing about these arts that would make them stand out, and nothing that would make them appeal to a fan, even.

I liked the MOTW cover, much, much better.

Cover Posse Out.
If you read the discussion, the Garou cover and the Last Blade cover are both illustrated by Tonko (who did the character art for the Last Blade series). There is nothing to be duplicated, since it's the original artist who's doing it. :spock:

Rade K
04-20-2005, 07:21 PM
If you read the discussion, the Garou cover and the Last Blade cover are both illustrated by Tonko (who did the character art for the Last Blade series). There is nothing to be duplicated, since it's the original artist who's doing it. :spock:

I never said they weren't by Tonko.
:glee: :glee: :glee:

The Last Blade Art is not up to the standard set in 1997/1998. I guess if I wanted to cover my ass, I could say that the artist produced something that does not duplicate the effectiveness of his original works.

I still hate both of them.

MOTW cover still very nice.

:glee: :glee: :glee:

Though I have not put any kind of order down on it. I honestly bough the original DC release only for the art.

SouthtownKid
04-20-2005, 07:25 PM
If you read the discussion, the Garou cover and the Last Blade cover are both illustrated by Tonko (who did the character art for the Last Blade series). There is nothing to be duplicated, since it's the original artist who's doing it. :spock:...according to one guy, in his first post here. I'm not saying it's not Tonko, but it would have been nice if that guy had backed his statement up with a source or a link or something.

Korigama
04-20-2005, 08:41 PM
The NW cover...I like it, but then again, I'm biased as a result of all three members of my main team of choice appearing on it.

sQuareh4t3r
04-20-2005, 09:51 PM
Though I have not put any kind of order down on it. I honestly bough the original DC release only for the art.
Which version? There are three variations of the Garou DC covers (two Japanese and the American). If you're talking about the original Japanese cover, then hell yes. The others are just kinda meh, if I recall.

Regardless, I think Playmore is just sort of living up to our subpar standards when it comes to overall product quality with these covers. Far from awful, but not much to really get worked up into frenzy over, either. :annoyed:

Rade K
04-20-2005, 11:49 PM
Which version? :

Original DC release. Japanese DC, first released around Sept 23rd-ish, 2001. Came along with a copy of CVS2 from NCSX. I wrote (poor) reviews for both of them, which can be found on this very site.

With time, I like the cover art more than the port.

It was an ok port.

http://img.neoseeker.com/p/Games/Dreamcast/Action/Adventure/garou_motw_mini.gif

sQuareh4t3r
04-21-2005, 02:06 AM
Original DC release. Japanese DC, first released around Sept 23rd-ish, 2001. Came along with a copy of CVS2 from NCSX. I wrote (poor) reviews for both of them, which can be found on this very site.

With time, I like the cover art more than the port.

It was an ok port.
The image you linked wasn't working, but I assume you were talking about this cover:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/sQuareh4t3r/ng/a71076c9.jpg

Yeah, I was always fond of that cover art, too. It brings back fond memories of hours of pure pwnage at the local video game store I worked at; everyone was always so pissed at me because I would beat them down with Rock's Deadly Rave Neo.

But I digress. I have no idea why Playmore felt the need to change the cover art when they re-released it, but whatever. They just haven't made any really good cover art for their games (KOF2001 not included), and these two recent examples, while not awful, just don't have the same charm and feeling that the SNK-era games and art had.

PS. The port is quite good (sound issues aside), and the art galleries are frickin' sweeeeeeet.

Rade K
04-21-2005, 08:01 AM
The image you linked wasn't working, but I assume you were talking about this cover:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/sQuareh4t3r/a71076c9.jpg

PS. The port is quite good (sound issues aside), and the art galleries are frickin' sweeeeeeet.

Yeah, that's the one. I believe it was the last port SNK released as SNK. The sound on the port really bugged me after a while. And the borders. And the filtered graphics. I really, really don't like filtering. Let me see the pixels.

I'll give you the art galleries. Unlocking those were great for the sole purpose of seeing the Kyokugen Karate Poster.

cafu1982
04-21-2005, 03:03 PM
i don't really care about the covers, I want to see the AOF trilogy on PS2, & while Im dreaming, the SS & WH series too :D

sQuareh4t3r
04-21-2005, 03:23 PM
i don't really care about the covers...
So why are you posting in a thread about them? HRM. :spock: