ying123

n00b
Greeting everyone
img10071332246.jpeg

img10071332259.jpeg

wookiewombat

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Mark of the Wolves said:
Doubt since its not going to be shown at E3.
lame-o...ill just be excited if they relase Neo Battle Coliseum on the consoles. now that game looks like fucking fun with all the characters they got.

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
wookiewombat said:
lame-o...ill just be excited if they relase Neo Battle Coliseum on the consoles. now that game looks like fucking fun with all the characters they got.

After hearing that Neo Wave was coming to PS2 its basically a given the Neo Geo Battle Coliseum is next. That's the game I am really waiting for. I'm pretty sure it will be on my import list since I don't own a Xbox, and if it comes stateside it will probably be released there.

Oh and I love the Neo Wave cover.

recon_zero

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
The artwork is nice, maybe better than the game... i will try to hunt either 2002 or this one (Neowave).

Last edited:
H

hermegildo

Man, both covers are really nice, specially after being horribly let down by that atrocious Garou cover.

Is that Tonko's work in the Last Blade cover?

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
the art of neowave isnt too bad. the drawer from matrimelee. the lb one is very nice. looks like the snk artist that did lb and motw is back, or not???

H

hermegildo

Yeah, the Last Blade compilation cover definitely has that Tonko feel to it. If it is, then it's really great to see that SNKP took the trouble of contacting her to do the cover, Last Blade might've not been the same if it weren't for her. My question is, if they got her to do the Last Blade cover, why didn't they hire her to do the Garou cover? I don't think she worked on that crappy cover, though it does have a similar style.

Also, did we ever get to know who worked on the Neowave portraits? It looks like Range Murata, but I think somebody here said that it wasn't him. This cover definitely looks like his stuff though.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
NW cover is meh.

Gekka cover is pure Tonko magic.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
MUSOLINI said:
the art of neowave isnt too bad. the drawer from matrimelee.

No way, that's NOT Murata Range's art. Just forget it.

E=MC2

even if it isnt murata their styles look alike. dont really like it too much, neither murata or this guy. deffenitelly seen this guys works more often. the motw artists simple but very cool style suits me more.

E=MC2

the garou one is the worst one yet. the LB deffenitely is my favorite yet. they should have used the originall garou cover or one of the poster artworks from tonko.

ray_7

very nice covers.

can't wait for both of them to be released, especially neowave. rarely played it in the arcades, so now i can enjoy it fully... :drool:

now, wheres ngbc, snkplaymore?

Curt

apostate
Very Nice covers, I actually like them alot.

Any word on a release date yet?

wow, those covers look pretty nice. Too bad the US ones (if they even get here) will probably not even look as good.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
So where's the male characters at in the NW cover? I expect the front cover of a fighter to show some expression/tension.
The LB cover is not bad...kaede looks like a muppet but it is the best out of the lot.
-BB

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
CurtWRX said:
Very Nice covers, I actually like them alot.

Any word on a release date yet?

Neo Wave is set to release on 6/23/05. The Last Blade Compilation is 6/30/05. The next two King of Fighters compilations don't have dates though.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
MUSOLINI said:
even if it isnt murata their styles look alike. dont really like it too much, neither murata or this guy. deffenitelly seen this guys works more often. the motw artists simple but very cool style suits me more.

IIRC the person who drew the NeoWave art (someone who knows the name will probably pop in this thread) was an assistant of Range Murata's.

ying123

n00b
It's Tomokazu Nakano. I used to visit his homepage but all I get now is "Sorry, the page you requested was not found"

T

The_Shape

The PS2 Garou cover was made by Tonko.

Tonko also did other covers the whole Neo-Geo.com bashed: the JPN PS2 KOF2002 cover (K´/Kula/Iori/Kyo). Plus a couple Nests covers: the one where everyone is standing around (K9999, Lin, Kula and so on), and the one with Kula and K´side-by-side, behind a frozen wall (the Nests satellite beside them).

ying123

n00b
The_Shape said:
The PS2 Garou cover was made by Tonko.

Tonko also did other covers the whole Neo-Geo.com bashed: the JPN PS2 KOF2002 cover (K´/Kula/Iori/Kyo). Plus a couple Nests covers: the one where everyone is standing around (K9999, Lin, Kula and so on), and the one with Kula and K´side-by-side, behind a frozen wall (the Nests satellite beside them).
Are you sure those were her works? They looked so different from Metal Slug(3&4)covers