S-C.com CLOSES EARLY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aria

Former Moderator
www.SNK-CAPCOM.com will direct you to http://www.zonictec.com/Farewell.htm

It was supposed to close in June, instead it closed today.

Needless to say, everyone is a bit surprised.

If you're from S-C.com and your reading this, you're welcome aboard NG.com.

I'm going to close the other thread that began with the initial announcement of the impending closure because it was getting too long. It's link is HERE if you want to reference it.

It was bad enough that S-C.com was closing...

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Bobak just wanted to first word on it.

For real: What happened? Anyone know why it closed so suddenly? What a queer thing to do to your members.

Yeah, welcome to Neo-Geo.com, the more the merrier. We're even handing out the S-C Bling like candy. You don't have to meet any 1337 requirements, yo.

BIG

sony fanboy
Rade Kuruc said:
For real: What happened? Anyone know why it closed so suddenly? What a queer thing to do to your members.

My thoughts exactly.

According to Vinh,Arcade-Shock is doing okay,so I doubt it was a financial issue.

WTF happend?

B-

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
that sucks. So is that what all those dumb S-C elite things are from? God i can't stand those

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Back in '03 and probably at least the first half of '04, s-c.com was a place I visited mostly only when n-g was down for maintanence or something.

But over recent months, I'd begun visiting s-c daily. I feel the s-c forums had improved a lot; discussion got more coherent, and they talked about actual Neo games -- at a time when it seemed more and more that all we were getting here were endless DS and PSP threads.

Yeah, there were a few grade A idiots over there, too, but I think part of that was the fact that s-c seemed to skew a bit younger than here...a lot of kids. But that was balanced out by a genuine enthusiasm for the games, from people who it seemed were just discovering them for the first time -- not jaded yet. It was kind of fun seeing people get their first Neo CD or NGPC, and start to get into this stuff.

If any of the s-c people want to sign up and talk about Neo stuff here, they are very welcome, as far as I'm concerned.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
s-c.com is over so what?
we're still alive people, get over it.
Vinh doesn't need to explain to any of you why he closed it.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Who gives a fuck, it was a piece of shit site to begin with...

I was a moderator at S-C.com

TRIEU saw that I released the Ghostlop ROM and decided to de-mod me without warning...and IP ban me.

Fuck him, Chris and his site...

Looks like the Neo gods saw what he did... Karma Coin - Heads - TonK's choice.

I'd go over there and tell him this myself, but its seems the site is down :kekeke:

lostdog

Quiz Detective
arcshock.jpg

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
What I find weird is Trieu posted in the big "Farewell topic" saying smething about good things come for those who wait. It made me think he had an Ace up his sleeve and that there really was some kind of plan for the forum, and then he decides to close early? That sure is a slap to all the forum members.

recon_zero

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
While users from that forum may feel back-stabbed, i feel kinda relieved it hapened. I am a former S-C member...

Whatever, it did hapened. Farewell to that site, life goes on.

And that chick looks good! :D

And LOL on those elite stuff. :buttrock:

S

Simbob4000

Rade Kuruc said:
Bobak just wanted to first word on it.

Yeah, welcome to Neo-Geo.com, the more the merrier. We're even handing out the S-C Bling like candy. You don't have to meet any 1337 requirements, yo.

TRIEU would never tell anyone why the site was closing, whenever someone asked he just gave some BS response. He did say it didn't have anything to do with money.

Oh well I a little pissed just because I tried going there not to long ago but oh well, looks like I'll be posting here a lot more now

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Next week I'll be closing doors to the homeless.

*You get there for soup the next day and the doors are closed*

Enjoy the sun I say.

I am surprised people are so close in to this trieu dude. I remember when he first appeared on the scene and seemed like a chill guy. He had this shingo avatar. Something funny probably went down and the gods that be wont speak up about it. Either that or he just decided to be a biotch.

HAHAH what ever happened to those garou 2 drawings with some bs about the game releasing? It was on the main page with ngf style BREAKING NEWS idealism, written in golden cock style type.
That just kinda dissapeared out of sight, didn't it?

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
galfordo said:
She's pretty cute. :cool: :kekeke:

Would that be tight if they had like some fat as fuck redneck jerry springer reject as the image? Like a realistic american goodbye.

This population is so obese I get molested just moving through normal crowds.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Lord Wolfgang Krauser said:
Would that be tight if they had like some fat as fuck redneck jerry springer reject as the image? Like a realistic american goodbye.

This population is so obese I get molested just moving through normal crowds.

lolz, yes, I was thinking good ol' Rosy might be a fine choice.

rosanne.jpg

P.S. You mean you don't enjoy being molested? :( :conf:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Cain Highwind said:
What I find weird is Trieu posted in the big "Farewell topic" saying smething about good things come for those who wait. It made me think he had an Ace up his sleeve and that there really was some kind of plan for the forum...
Actually, what him saying that made me think, was that maybe the whole thing was some kind of publicity stunt/hype generating-type thing, and that after drawing a lot of attention to the closing site, it would miraculously be "saved" at the last minute...at which point I would have felt cheap and dirty.

But maybe not.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
galfordo said:
lolz, yes, I was thinking good ol' Rosy might be a fine choice.

rosanne.jpg

P.S. You mean you don't enjoy being molested? :( :conf:

Not by fat walmart women with 20 damn kids head butting my nuts.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
SouthtownKid said:
Actually, what him saying that made me think, was that maybe the whole thing was some kind of publicity stunt/hype generating-type thing, and that after drawing a lot of attention to the closing site, it would miraculously be "saved" at the last minute...at which point I would have felt cheap and dirty.

But maybe not.

Kinda like what DC did when they "killed" Superman.

I don't think it's a stunt though, S-C's closure seems real enough to me, but if it is a publicity stunt it'll probably backfire. Once people decide to sign up and post here it will be hard getting them to come back to a "re-opened" S-C.

Anyway, to all the S-C people, welcome aboard, like someone already said above, "the more the merrier".

Spectre

Banned
Very sad to see s-c.com close, it was a great venture. Vinh is a cool guy who has done a lot for this "community" and deserves a lot of praise. For those talking trash; I'm sure he had good reasons for closing, some people are acting like he owed the people registered there something. It was a FREE community site which he and others put a lot of hard work into, often for very little thanks. It has to close and some people start putting the boot in... grow up you sad muppets. Theres more to life.

Arcade Shock is a cool online store with great gear at excellent prices, Vinh always delivers and usually goes above and beyond what he has to. If there were more people like Vinh around this hobby would be a whole lot more civilised. Many thanks for all your hard work buddy.

:buttrock:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Spectre said:
Very sad to see s-c.com close, it was a great venture. Vinh is a cool guy who has done a lot for this "community" and deserves a lot of praise. For those talking trash; I'm sure he had good reasons for closing, some people are acting like he owed the people registered there something. It was a FREE community site which he and others put a lot of hard work into, often for very little thanks. It has to close and some people start putting the boot in... grow up you sad muppets. Theres more to life.

Arcade Shock is a cool online store with great gear at excellent prices, Vinh always delivers and usually goes above and beyond what he has to. If there were more people like Vinh around this hobby would be a whole lot more civilised. Many thanks for all your hard work buddy.

:buttrock:

Its not that anyone really hates the dude, its just that hes left small trails to his reasoning, and because its so full of those damn cheese holes, I dont think anyone knows what really went down. I gotta admit, I liked the guy while he was here. He never talked shit or downed me for any reason, and I at least owe the guy some creds for opening a site for fans..

Shit, its just to damn bad that it opened when there were 'supposedly' poor terms on both sides.

What caused this war and most likely unrepairable angst is the fact that when S-C.com opened. Everyone started talking shit about ng.com. Some ng.com posters were encouraging us to completely leave this board for SC. (I seem to recall threads and chat discussion) I joined SC and stayed here anyway. I really think it would have helped if the fans themselves didnt put these sites in some underhanded competition, which of course results in a piss stream of mixed feelings.

Its like we were gonna leave some drama behind and start fresh, then when the time came, nobody wanted to do that.

IMO, I think almost all the S-C traffic will migrate to SRK. If not, a good deal was from there anyway.
NG.COM is not gameplay affiliated as much as on and srk.

I almost entirely blame the relationship downfall on the fans who wanted nothing but to have these sites enemies.

Last edited:

syringe

Banned
Who gives a shit?

The only mildly interesting thing about S-C was their News and Rumor forum.

Otherwise it was more like a dysfunctional melding of NG.com and SRK.

Status
Not open for further replies.