Some other SNK rumours

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
Sorry if these are already posted - I didn't see them anywhere :). Someone posted about the Samurai Shodown for Atomiswave rumour below, but Iggy on Madmans Cafe's Bulletin Board also posted a few other rumours:

http://www.neogeoforlife.com/news_script/fullnews.php?id=49

I'll quote part of what I wrote on my site:

KOF Neowave on PS2 - New characters! Kusanagi, Rugal, May lee, Angel and Seth are to be included in the PS2 port of the game, and are all most likely sprite rips from KOF 2002. No K'9999?

After the KOF compilation discs for the PS2 are released, the next one will be a disc containing Fatal Fury 1, 2 & Special.

A port of Neo Geo Battle Coliseum will be released on the PS2 before the end of the year.

The next KOF game will be released before the end of the year on the Atomiswave, tentative title is "KOF: Episode 11".

I'd say most of those are quite likely (NGBC for PS2 and a new KOF before the end of the year are pretty much certain iwould imagine), the only one I'm not sure about is the "new characters for KOF Neowave on PS2" rumour. I would have hoped that they'd include more characters/extras than just the ones mentioned, but ah well...

Kaz

Curt

apostate
A port of Neo Geo Battle Coliseum will be released on the PS2 before the end of the year.

If this is true, that'd be great.

Thanks for the heads up Kazuya.

Baseley09

Hair Group,
NGBC is totally essential portage, even if its a bit tits it looks and sounds a must have.

Fatal Fury Collection??

Hmmmm, if they include the NGCD AST's with zero loading & extras then ok.

Eric Straven

Banned
Hmm...those rumors are pretty probable. However if everything which is said about the supposed KOF: NeoWave port turns out to be true, I'll be very disappointed. I don't really care much about K9999 but I really wish they'd just bring back Heidern as well so we could play as the Oyaji team from '98...
As for NGBC, I'll definately be getting that if SNK Playmore ports it to the PS2 or XBOX(If it's not broken, I bet it will be proclaimed "best fighter on the XBOX" shortly after release).
Don't care much for the Fatal Fury ports, I'm happy with the AES versions.
The next KOF isn't on my wishlist either, I guess most of us will be restricted to arcades to get a chance to play it. After anticipating KOF: MI zealously, I was very disappointed with the gameplay. The graphics were "meh". After that, I lost pretty much all my hope and loyalty for the KOF series. I admit though, it's still an underappreciated game.

By the by, welcome back, Kazuya. How has it been going?

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
Eric Straven said:

Thanks man - although I'm never really away from here, it's just if I am busy at work etc, then I tend to just lurk around the forums without posting much :). Now I finally have my PC problems sorted out I'm happy... the PC has not been 100% right for months but the problem is finally sorted out so I can actually work on the site properly. Other than that, things are pretty good :)

Curt: You got good taste in music man :D

Kaz

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Eric Straven said:
Hmm...those rumors are pretty probable. However if everything which is said about the supposed KOF: NeoWave port turns out to be true, I'll be very disappointed. I don't really care much about K9999 but I really wish they'd just bring back Heidern as well so we could play as the Oyaji team from '98...
As for NGBC, I'll definately be getting that if SNK Playmore ports it to the PS2 or XBOX(If it's not broken, I bet it will be proclaimed "best fighter on the XBOX" shortly after release).
Don't care much for the Fatal Fury ports, I'm happy with the AES versions.
The next KOF isn't on my wishlist either, I guess most of us will be restricted to arcades to get a chance to play it. After anticipating KOF: MI zealously, I was very disappointed with the gameplay. The graphics were "meh". After that, I lost pretty much all my hope and loyalty for the KOF series. I admit though, it's still an underappreciated game.

I can't help but hate you with that jack ass avatar. Maybe this is me just being a dick? Anyways, KOF: MI really has nothing to do with the next actual KOF game (2D presumably).

If the first FF games are coming out, I think it's safe to say we can expect the RB's in a year or two. :drool:

Eric Straven

Banned
SnairDogg said:
I can't help but hate you with that jack ass avatar. Maybe this is me just being a dick? Anyways, KOF: MI really has nothing to do with the next actual KOF game (2D presumably).

If the first FF games are coming out, I think it's safe to say we can expect the RB's in a year or two. :drool:
KOF: MI presented the major decline in quality of SNKP's games, so I learned my lesson in never having high expectation of SNKP's games.

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
ken_dong said:
A FF1 port?! Useless, come on ^^

FF1 is still kinda fun to play for the nostolgic value, so it's nice to have it on a compilation disc. I still believe that SNKP should have at least put ALL the FF games on one disc however, aand not just 3 measly games... they will take up a very tiny % of the capacity of a DVD, so they could fit a few more things on there.

Magic Box is now also reporting the news about 5 extra characters for PS2 Neowave.

Kaz

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Kazuya_UK said:
The next KOF game will be released before the end of the year on the Atomiswave, tentative title is "KOF: Episode 11".

Whoa! Considering KOF2003 was episode 8, we're missing tow chapters, huh?

Curt

apostate
Kazuya_UK said:
Curt: You got good taste in music man :D

Kaz

Why thankyou.
icon35.gif

I saw them a little over a month ago.... It was legendary.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Stephane said:
:spock:

KOF 2003 is the 10th KOF !

He is not counting the "unofficial" dream matches 98 and 02... On the 2000 intro, it says "Episode 06" or something like that. Now do the math, Stephie... :make_fac:

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
CurtWRX said:
Why thankyou.
icon35.gif

I saw them a little over a month ago.... It was legendary.

Yeah I saw them here in the UK last year, was an awesome gig! One other good thing about HIM is that they always attract lots of girls to their gigs... so it was a fun night really :D

Shito yeah I know, I posted that news in a hurry and it was down as "KOF 11", I wasn't really thinking when I posted it (lol). I doubt it will be the final name anyway ;)

Kaz

Giga Power

Host for Orochi,
I'd like to see K9999 make the cut. Hell. I'd REALLY like to see K9999 make the cut.

But all is good. I haven't managed to ever play this anyway. So here's to buying this day one, if we get a US release.

yagami_boy

Kuroko's Training Dummy
K9999, it was said that there is a big chance that he will never come out again.

im really curious to see whether SNKP will be using the AW's full power for SS. Only time will tell, maybe something will show up for e3.

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
According to the latest rumours, the game will use re-hashed sprites and 3D backgrounds... if that is true, then YUCK is all I can say, especially to the 3d backgrounds... just doesn't suit SS at all imo. Have a look at the full post I made about the newer rumours on my site instead of me typing/pasting it all again :)

News Post Link

Kaz

Last edited:

Greywolf

Angel's Love Slave
Kazuya_UK said:
According to the latest rumours, the game will use re-hashed sprites and 3D backgrounds

It's sad to say, but anything other than re-hashed sprites would be a major miracle. :(

Well, at least they're bringing back some characters from the older games including the HNG 64 ones (here's hoping for Cham Cham! :drool: ).

Thanks for keeping us updated Kazuya_UK!