SNK Playmore @ E3 05'

geekabilly

Mickey's Coach
Here is the list of what we will be seeing from SNK Playmore at this years E3..
Stole this from IGN.

SNK Playmore
King of Fighters '94 Re-Bout (Xbox)
King of Fighters 02/03 (Xbox)
King of Fighters: Maximum Impact - Maniax (Xbox)
Metal Slug 1 (GBA)
Metal Slug 4 & 5 (PS2, Xbox)
Samurai Shodown V (Xbox)

Damn XBOX is getting the hook-ups..
I hope to go again this year last year was awesome..

:buttrock:

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
That is pretty cool, but is there such thing as originality at Playmore?

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
Glad Rebout is coming out over here, but how about some new shit???

At least they'll have a booth...

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I hope they really do have a finished '02/'03 for Xbox by then. That would be great news.

And what's this cry for originality? E3 is about console games. Playmore is not that huge a company. It's only natural that they're pretty much only showing ports of their arcade games. They don't have the enormous staff and resources to throw at a bunch of original properties and new projects, like Namco does, for example. Anyhow, I'd rather play '02 online than Death By Degrees.

fatal fury fan #2

Duck King's DJ
well I am very happy with the list of games thats going to be shown at E3 :D all I hope for is that thoes games come out this year

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
SouthtownKid said:
And what's this cry for originality? E3 is about console games. Playmore is not that huge a company. It's only natural that they're pretty much only showing ports of their arcade games. They don't have the enormous staff and resources to throw at a bunch of original properties and new projects, like Namco does, for example. Anyhow, I'd rather play '02 online than Death By Degrees.

At least they could show NGBC (or other AW games, if any), even if in arcade form, as it will surely be coming to PS2 and possibly Xbox later.

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
SouthtownKid said:

That didn't stop them from making Maximum Impact, unless they are hurting from that.

I think the lineup is boring. Why does SCEA have to be a bitch about 2D games. I sure would like to see Samurai Shodown or something. I was hoping Garou would come out here.

dhowerter

We are Tracking Youze!,
I'm just REALLY glad that Metal Slug 4/5 Combo Pack (ps2 version!) is on that list! :D

I've called my local EB/Gamestop and they say it wil out May 11th or 16th (depending on which of them you believe ;-)

Anybody have a clue which of those release dates (if either) are accurate?

cdoty

n00b
geekabilly said:

I ran right to the SNK signs last year. Definately looking forward to this year.

Supposedly my company (in association with America's Army) is going to have a *display* right near the entrance. Check it out, if you get a chance. It's simply amazing. :cool:

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
At least ONE thing we haven't already seen before would be nice.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
geekabilly said:

SNKp has a new tactic: Make it easier for people to download ROMs... that'll cut into the bootlegger's income.

S'funny. Twinkle Star Sprites isn't on the list... maybe ADK has the rights... who knows. It's been ported to more systems in Japan than any game on that list. Ya think other countries might dig it, too? Best game on the Neo.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Fygee said:
At least ONE thing we haven't already seen before would be nice.
Yeah, I'd have loved to see anything new, also, but I just can't see them ever first announcing a new game outside of Japan. I don't imagine we'll ever see that.

Twinkle Star

Benimaru's Hairdresser
ForeverSublime said:
SNKp has a new tactic: Make it easier for people to download ROMs... that'll cut into the bootlegger's income.

S'funny. Twinkle Star Sprites isn't on the list... maybe ADK has the rights... who knows. It's been ported to more systems in Japan than any game on that list. Ya think other countries might dig it, too? Best game on the Neo.

I think Twinkle Star Sprites La Pettite Princesse is new game and not just a rehash of the old one(new character designs and cast and graphics) and current its not yet finished as of now.

manly_pirate

Kuroko's Training Dummy
geekabilly said:

Why the new subtitle? Is there going to be anything new aside from live support and Japanese voices?

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
Please tell me they're skipping straight to Samsho V Special for Xbox Live. Absolutely no reason to bother with the standard release.

There's also absolutely no reason to bother releasing Rebout, I would trade it for Last Blade or MOTW in a heartbeat.

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
geekabilly said:
Here is the list of what we will be seeing from SNK Playmore at this years E3..
Stole this from IGN.

SNK Playmore
King of Fighters '94 Re-Bout (Xbox)
King of Fighters 02/03 (Xbox)
Metal Slug 1 (GBA)
Metal Slug 4 & 5 (PS2, Xbox)
Samurai Shodown V (Xbox)

I guess Ben Herman browsed these boards and realized how many of us have Xbox for teh RoMz - it then made sense to put the SNK games on XBox rather than any other platform (+ Xbox live also helps for that time of game)