PDA

View Full Version : SS AW - rumor

Hmkay
04-11-2005, 08:28 AM
Iggy posted about this at the mmcafe... It's nothing official, just a simple rumor, but here it is:

APPARENTLY, a beta test of SSAW will be organized in april.
And YUKI WOULD BE DEVELOPING THE GAME.

Asura
04-11-2005, 08:46 AM
Hope they bring back to life the SS series, since that my favorite figther game ever. :buttrock:

DevilRedeemed
04-11-2005, 09:21 AM
well here's hoping its true - and they take advantage of AWs power. It would make for very exiting news.
*crosses fingers*

EvilMike
04-11-2005, 09:24 AM
Please god. All new sprites and all new backgrounds.

Mark of the Wolves
04-11-2005, 09:25 AM
Hopefully new hand drawn sprites. I never got a chance to play V, but I was never all that interested in Samurai Shodown anyway.

Amano Jacu
04-11-2005, 09:40 AM
Why do I have the feeling they will reuse most sprites from SSV? :eek_2:

Eric Straven
04-11-2005, 09:45 AM
I certainly hope they don't make the same mistake they made with the Hyper NeoGeo 64 series. If they want to make a 3D fighter, and a 3D WEAPONS FIGHTER at that, they should atleast include the basic necessary features as in games like the Soul Blade/Calibur series. If they want the game to be a success, they have to make it full featured, not some lame half-assed 3D-rendered piece of shit like the SS64 series(In my opinion, that is). I'm sure many would disagree but this is one of the reasons the Hyper 64 architecture failed miserably, because of the low quality exhibited by the available games.
I don't know how to react to this rumor. One part of me is feeling excited at the possibility of a new addition to the series while on the other hand, the other part is urging me to express indifference to the matter since I know it will be just another SNK Playmore flop. I can't honestly give a reasonable opinion until NGBC is released, really.

Hmkay
04-11-2005, 10:44 AM
One part of me is feeling excited at the possibility of a new addition to the series while on the other hand, the other part is urging me to express indifference to the matter since I know it will be just another SNK Playmore flop. I can't honestly give a reasonable opinion until NGBC is released, really.
I think you missed the fact YUKI is working on it... SNK Playmore will only publish it, and as such, how NBC will turn out is in no way related to this new SS game.

And also, it's going to be a 2D game, unless they changed their plans...

Asura
04-11-2005, 10:46 AM
I certainly hope they don't make the same mistake they made with the Hyper NeoGeo 64 series. If they want to make a 3D fighter, and a 3D WEAPONS FIGHTER at that, they should atleast include the basic necessary features as in games like the Soul Blade/Calibur series. If they want the game to be a success, they have to make it full featured, not some lame half-assed 3D-rendered piece of shit like the SS64 series(In my opinion, that is). I'm sure many would disagree but this is one of the reasons the Hyper 64 architecture failed miserably, because of the low quality exhibited by the available games.
I don't know how to react to this rumor. One part of me is feeling excited at the possibility of a new addition to the series while on the other hand, the other part is urging me to express indifference to the matter since I know it will be just another SNK Playmore flop. I can't honestly give a reasonable opinion until NGBC is released, really.

Good point of view.

shirt
04-11-2005, 10:50 AM
Better not be rehashed sprite rips.

ResO
04-11-2005, 10:53 AM
Better not be rehashed sprite rips.

It's playmore....

Samurai Shodown: Neo Wave :lol:

Amano Jacu
04-11-2005, 10:56 AM
It's playmore....

It's not, it's Yuki. Of course that didn't prevent them to do what they did in SSV... :rolleyes:

Tung Fu ru
04-11-2005, 10:57 AM
I hope they bring back some characters like Earthquake, Gen-an.... Hell bring almost every character back with new ones. The Slash/Bust option should come back although I think some of the new characters from SSV (the bust characters) should remain their own character like (I can't think of names right now) Evil Horumaru, Evil Nakuru. I really just hope this is the Sam Sho sequel that SNK fans have been craving since SS2.

PS if this game doesn't have all new art, that would be very disapointing.

Stephane
04-11-2005, 10:59 AM
Maybe a 3d game ?

EVIL NICK
04-11-2005, 11:00 AM
I hope it's NOT 3D... :(

ResO
04-11-2005, 11:03 AM
I hope it's NOT 3D... :(

SS64 wasn't that bad... :rolleyes:

EVIL NICK
04-11-2005, 11:05 AM
Is it on the same level as any of the other SS games? :rolleyes:

Eric Straven
04-11-2005, 11:10 AM
I think you missed the fact YUKI is working on it... SNK Playmore will only publish it, and as such, how NBC will turn out is in no way related to this new SS game.

And also, it's going to be a 2D game, unless they changed their plans...
Maybe so. I guess you're right, but the fact that Playmore will at the very least will be involved in publishing the game guarantees that they will extend their influence in the game's direction and development no matter how much the fans complain, and that really downs me due to the poor quality of games published by SNK Playmore.
The name "Playmore" scares me nowadays.

shirt
04-11-2005, 11:10 AM
SS64 wasn't that bad... :rolleyes:

That said, I still hope it isn't 3D.
Asking for both things to go right is almost certainly too much.

ResO
04-11-2005, 11:16 AM
That said, I still hope it isn't 3D.
Asking for both things to go right is almost certainly too much.
Ha.

Playmore = Perpetual Disappointment

They also were the cause of the holocaust, no kidding.

Edit: I found these in the President of Playmore's desk:http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/155000/images/_156338_gold_teeth_nazi.jpg

Hmkay
04-11-2005, 11:19 AM
Maybe so. I guess you're right, but the fact that Playmore will at the very least will be involved in publishing the game guarantees that they will extend their influence in the game's influence no matter how much the fans complain, and that really downs me due to the poor quality of games published by SNK Playmore.
The name "Playmore" scares me nowadays.
Indeed... Their influence could lead to a rushed game (pressure on Yuki to finish fast) or a censored game (much like SS5 and AES SS5S)...

Mark of the Wolves
04-11-2005, 11:30 AM
I hope they never make another 3D game. I heard Maximum Impact wasn't that bad, it just seemed frivolous. Instead of wasting time trying to appeal to the masses with a half assed game, appeal to your faithful fans with something solid that nonfans will want to play.

Asura
04-11-2005, 11:43 AM
I hope they bring back some characters like Earthquake, Gen-an.... Hell bring almost every character back with new ones. The Slash/Bust option should come back although I think some of the new characters from SSV (the bust characters) should remain their own character like (I can't think of names right now) Evil Horumaru, Evil Nakuru. I really just hope this is the Sam Sho sequel that SNK fans have been craving since SS2.

PS if this game doesn't have all new art, that would be very disapointing.

Yeah, I hope they do it 2D and do like a compilation of all SS characters. Bring back to life Gen-an, Earthquake, Wan-Fu, Nicotine, Sieger, Cham Cham. Maybe they can add some characters from others SS games like Mikoto, Asura, Shiki, Gandara & Yuga. It would be great!! :buttrock:

ResO
04-11-2005, 11:45 AM
Yeah, I hope they do it 2D and do like a compilation of all SS characters. Bring back to life Gen-an, Earthquake, Wan-Fu, Nicotine, Sieger, Cham Cham. Maybe they can add some characters from others SS games like Mikoto, Asura, Shiki, Gandara & Yuga. It would be great!! :buttrock:

I'd be stoked if they brought back Sieger...That's why they won't.

EVIL NICK
04-11-2005, 11:46 AM
The funny thing is, it wouldn't even be hard to have all the 2D charas in an SS game...

It's like SS4 + a couple more charas...

Asura
04-11-2005, 11:50 AM
The funny thing is, it wouldn't even be hard to have all the 2D charas in an SS game...

Exactly!!!

Evil Wasabi
04-11-2005, 11:51 AM
The SS64 games were not bad, and were a lot better than SS IV if you ask me (a game which they tried to build off of).

The were full 3D, but characters weren't as mobile as in Soul Calibur. Yeah, you could move anywhere and set up any angle, but not that fast, since your had to plane shift with the D button and there was no free motion. Other than that, the games were pretty sweet, and innovative. I don't think SNK had the balls to allow us to cut off body parts up until SS64 2. It's a shame that Playmore hasn't given us the honor since.

As for a new AW SS game... Wait and see. I've seen great expectations turn to crap with SS for every game since Warriors Rage 2 on the PSX. The last good SS game was Asura Zanmaden.

kafuin_gaira
04-11-2005, 11:54 AM
pipe dream: make 2d sprites for the remaining ss64 characters and include them in the game.
with asura and shiki already done, i would love to see taizan and some others make an appearance.
yuki did surprisingly well with ssv, i don't mind letting them have another shot at it on another platform, though i'll be getting a port regardless :(

Hmkay
04-11-2005, 12:03 PM

... That would mean reusing the SS5S sprites, as well as making 7 new sprites from scratch... It's more work than you make it sound.

SS4 brought 5 new character sprites... SS5 brought 5 new characters as well (not counting clones and edits)... And SS5S brought 1 new character sprite. I can't think of many games that brought that many new characters sprites in a game upgrade...

The big question about this new SS AW is... Is it going to be an upgraded version of SS5S, or a game made from scratch, much like the jump made from SS2 to SS3 ?

hermegildo
04-11-2005, 12:05 PM
pipe dream: make 2d sprites for the remaining ss64 characters and include them in the game.
with asura and shiki already done, i would love to see taizan and some others make an appearance.
yuki did surprisingly well with ssv, i don't mind letting them have another shot at it on another platform, though i'll be getting a port regardless :(

Well, the Asura and Shiki sprites are KOF style and they wouldn't fit at all with the anime-ish style of Samurai Shodown, they'd have to redraw both characters for them to work with the rest of the cast.

I don't really care if they don't redraw the sprites. It'd be nice, but the SS sprites still look pretty good, very big and with good shading. If anything, they should work on the animation a little more, SS is animated kinda poorly.

And of course, give me some decent gameplay to go along with it.

Hmkay
04-11-2005, 12:09 PM
Well, the Asura and Shiki sprites are KOF style and they wouldn't fit at all with the anime-ish style of Samurai Shodown, they'd have to redraw both characters for them to work with the rest of the cast.
Yep yep. I'm tired of repeating that over and over again... Ever since people bitched about why they didn't reuse SvC Earthquake in SS5...

Anyway, yeah. Some characters in the last SS games need to get their animation improved...

Eric Straven
04-11-2005, 12:23 PM
The SS64 games were not bad, and were a lot better than SS IV if you ask me (a game which they tried to build off of).

The were full 3D, but characters weren't as mobile as in Soul Calibur. Yeah, you could move anywhere and set up any angle, but not that fast, since your had to plane shift with the D button and there was no free motion. Other than that, the games were pretty sweet, and innovative. I don't think SNK had the balls to allow us to cut off body parts up until SS64 2. It's a shame that Playmore hasn't given us the honor since.

As for a new AW SS game... Wait and see. I've seen great expectations turn to crap with SS for every game since Warriors Rage 2 on the PSX. The last good SS game was Asura Zanmaden.
I admire your opinion. I guess I didn't really give the SS64 games a chance. It could be that I suck at the games and since I am a lazy bum I can't be bothered to learn a whole new system. :crying:
Whether or not they are better than SS4 is beyond me since I didn't really play SS4 much either but I can tell that I enjoyed the first SS64 more than the original SSV.

Evil Wasabi
04-11-2005, 12:33 PM

I don't really care if they don't redraw the sprites. It'd be nice, but the SS sprites still look pretty good, very big and with good shading. If anything, they should work on the animation a little more, SS is animated kinda poorly.

And of course, give me some decent gameplay to go along with it.

I don't think it would be a big deal to just dump Earthquake's and Shiki's SvC sprites into the next SS game.

Capcom got away with doing that with Morrigan in CvS...

DevilRedeemed
04-11-2005, 12:41 PM

Warriors Rage 2 was a big let down... but I personally loved some of the character designs, and thought they could have been used in other SS games.

anyone know that site which is like an encyclopedia of fighting games characters? I really want to find a couple of the characters from Warriors Rage.

Hmkay
04-11-2005, 12:45 PM
I don't think it would be a big deal to just dump Earthquake's and Shiki's SvC sprites into the next SS game.

Capcom got away with doing that with Morrigan in CvS...
That's different, because Morrigan had a suitable size and some kind of anime look that the other characters also had.
Also, the fact Capcom did it doesn't mean it's an example that should be followed... Just look at Capcom Fighting Jam.

Even Playmore didn't dare put Genjuro in SvC without editing and resizing him at least a little bit.
Although SvC has all kind of different sprite styles thrown together, overall, sprites in SvC aren't as big, aren't as bulky, and aren't shaded the same way at all than the ones from SS3 and after.

Eric Straven
04-11-2005, 12:51 PM
Warriors Rage 2 was a big let down... but I personally loved some of the character designs, and thought they could have been used in other SS games.

anyone know that site which is like an encyclopedia of fighting games characters? I really want to find a couple of the characters from Warriors Rage.
Are you talking about this site?:
http://kattuggla.oru.se/dmd01/dm0103/test/new.asp

DevilRedeemed
04-11-2005, 12:52 PM
Are you talking about this site?:
http://kattuggla.oru.se/dmd01/dm0103/test/new.asp
that's the one.
thanks!

edit:
http://kattuggla.oru.se/dmd01/dm0103/test/fighters/ss_haito.gif
Haito Kanakura. he has one of the best designs for a fighting game character I have ever seen. the picture art anyway.

kafuin_gaira
04-11-2005, 12:53 PM
ss2 is the last to happen storyline-wise, right?
so here are the 4 characters i'd most like to see back (doubtful, but without any info what else is this thread for but speculation):

1. gen-an
2. cham cham
3. sieger
4. wan-fu

show some love yuki/snkp/whoever :eye: :help: :eye:

Evil Wasabi
04-11-2005, 12:56 PM
That's different, because Morrigan had a suitable size and some kind of anime look that the other characters also had.
Also, the fact Capcom did it doesn't mean it's an example that should be followed... Just look at Capcom Fighting Jam.

Even Playmore didn't dare put Genjuro in SvC without editing and resizing him at least a little bit.
Although SvC has all kind of different sprite styles thrown together, overall, sprites in SvC aren't as big, aren't as bulky, and aren't shaded the same way at all than the ones from SS3 and after.

Are you kidding? Morrigan's sprite was a huge joke back when the game came out.

Mark of the Wolves
04-11-2005, 01:07 PM
When I see Morrigan's sprite I feel the strong urge to cry. It is really out of place in the game. She looks to small compared to everyone else.

hermegildo
04-11-2005, 01:16 PM
Yeah, Capcom put a Morrigan sprite in CVS, but we know how completely out of place she looks, even considering that the style between SFA and Vampire sprites is closer than that of SS and KOF sprites. SVC Shiki in SS would look bad, and it would suck, because Yuki did a great job at recreating the SS3/4 style for SS5 and SS5S...

Giving us a completely different game, like from SS2 to SS3 as somebody mentioned, would be the perfect thing, but we all know how unlikely that really is. As I said, I'll settle for improved animation.

Evil Wasabi
04-11-2005, 01:21 PM
Yeah, Capcom put a Morrigan sprite in CVS, but we know how completely out of place she looks, even considering that the style between SFA and Vampire sprites is closer than that of SS and KOF sprites. SVC Shiki in SS would look bad, and it would suck, because Yuki did a great job at recreating the SS3/4 style for SS5 and SS5S...

Giving us a completely different game, like from SS2 to SS3 as somebody mentioned, would be the perfect thing, but we all know how unlikely that really is. As I said, I'll settle for improved animation.

It could all be as easy as making a pallete which doesn't show the same KoF level of detailing.

Hmkay
04-11-2005, 01:24 PM
ss2 is the last to happen storyline-wise, right?
so here are the 4 characters i'd most like to see back (doubtful, but without any info what else is this thread for but speculation):

1. gen-an
2. cham cham
3. sieger
4. wan-fu

show some love yuki/snkp/whoever :eye: :help: :eye:
SS2 is the last of the 2D SS, storyline wise... But SS64 1 and 2 happen after SS2.
Anyway, Gen-An dies at the end of SS1... He gets resurrected just before SS2 by Mizuki, but then he dies again at the end of SS2.
So we could have Gen-An in a game that happens before SS1 (that's why putting him in SS5 would have been cool), or get someone to resurrect him again ( :rolleyes: ), or get him featured in a dream match, like SS5S.
The other 3 are still alive though, if I remember right.

Are you kidding? Morrigan's sprite was a huge joke back when the game came out.
Whatever you think, that doesn't change my point. If you consider the CvS / Morrigan case a joke, why would you want the same thing to happen to SS now ?

Eric Straven
04-11-2005, 01:30 PM
Morrigan's sprite in the various Capcom's various versus games was horrible, admittedly, but it was still better than that abomination of a sprite in Capcom Fighting Jam we know as Demitri...Seriously, they're using the same fucking sprite they've been using since 1994 with no revisions or touch-ups, fucking lame I tell you.

As far as the SS storyline goes, here is the way I follow it:
SS0 -> SS1 -> SS3 -> SS4 -> SS2 -> SS64 -> SS64 2
As far as I am concerned, the SSRPG games are non-canon and the Warrior's Rage games fit somewhere inbetween and the Last Blade series is in no way tied to Samurai Shodown.

Rade K
04-11-2005, 01:35 PM
As far as I am concerned, the SSRPG games are non-canon and the Warrior's Rage games fit somewhere inbetween and the Last Blade series is in no way tied to Samurai Shodown.

I work under the assumption that everything SNK produced is somehow in the same universe.

What time period does SS take place, anyways? 1600s, 1700s?

kafuin_gaira
04-11-2005, 01:38 PM
This is the order that the games within the Samurai Spirit plot's
universe takes place. The majority of these dates are official statements.

Samurai Spirits Zero/Samurai Shodown Zero - 1786
Samurai Spirits/Samurai Shodown - 1788(early summer)
Samurai Spirits Zankuro Musouken/Samurai Shodown 3 - 1788(early fall)
Samurai Spirits Amakusa Kourin/Samurai Spirits 4 - 1789(early winter)
Shin Samurai Spirits/Samurai Shodown 2 - 1789
Samurai Tamashi~ Samurai Spirits/Samurai Shodown64 - 1790
Samurai Tamashi 2~ Asura Zanmaden/Samurai Shodown64 2 - 1791
Sugisarishi Souku no Yaiba/Samurai Shodown Warriors Rage - 1810

The Samurai Shodown RPG and the Nakoruru game don't fit into the cannon
story.

from saiki's story faq on gamefaqs. great read, by the way.

SouthtownKid
04-11-2005, 01:41 PM
How much is new probably depends a lot on when they started developing. Playmore listed SS AW as one of the games to be developed, back when they first announced their move to the AW hardware.

If Playmore were the ones developing, my hopes for the game would be very low, just due to the fact that all their resources have been pumped into NBC, so they wouldn't have made an early start. But If Yuki is developing, and actually began at the time of the original hardware change announcement, and had been working all this time...who knows...

But I'm not getting my hopes any higher than some touched up sprites, but all new (bland) high res backgrounds. Hopefully, they'll surprise us with more. I do love 5.

And as for timeline, PSX Warriors Rage is canon, and takes place 20 years after SS64 2.

Eric Straven
04-11-2005, 01:45 PM
No offense, but Saiki's FAQ is nothing but a load of fanfiction bullshit. It's the truth, sadly.
To answer your question, Rade, it takes place in the 1700s, that is, the 18th century.
Warrior's Rage however takes place in the beginning on the 19th century, that is, the 1800s.

Evil Wasabi
04-11-2005, 01:47 PM
This is the order that the games within the Samurai Spirit plot's
universe takes place. The majority of these dates are official statements.

Samurai Spirits Zero/Samurai Shodown Zero - 1786
Samurai Spirits/Samurai Shodown - 1788(early summer)
Samurai Spirits Zankuro Musouken/Samurai Shodown 3 - 1788(early fall)
Samurai Spirits Amakusa Kourin/Samurai Spirits 4 - 1789(early winter)
Shin Samurai Spirits/Samurai Shodown 2 - 1789
Samurai Tamashi~ Samurai Spirits/Samurai Shodown64 - 1790
Samurai Tamashi 2~ Asura Zanmaden/Samurai Shodown64 2 - 1791
Sugisarishi Souku no Yaiba/Samurai Shodown Warriors Rage - 1810

The Samurai Shodown RPG and the Nakoruru game don't fit into the cannon
story.

from saiki's story faq on gamefaqs. great read, by the way.

Genjuro's ending from SSIV kind of confuses me..

kafuin_gaira
04-11-2005, 01:49 PM
No offense, but Saiki's FAQ is nothing but a load of fanfiction bullshit. It's the truth, sadly.
To answer your question, Rade, it takes place in the 1600s, that is, the 17th century.
Warrior's Rage however takes place in the beginning on the 18th century, that is, the 1700s.

how did you determine this? just curious...
the part about the ingredients for making a gandara sounded extremely far-fetched, but i don't know enough to question the dates and everything else.

Eric Straven
04-11-2005, 01:50 PM
how did you determine this? just curious...
the part about the ingredients for making a gandara sounded extremely far-fetched, but i don't know enough to question the dates and everything else.
I am not dismissing all the written information as untrue but many of the storyline elements are questionable especially the character profiles. The dates are all correct, no doubt about that.

hermegildo
04-11-2005, 01:51 PM
It could all be as easy as making a pallete which doesn't show the same KoF level of detailing.

I guess. They'd have to edit the sprites a little more than that though, I think the hands and feet in SS games are bigger than those of KOF.

Evil Wasabi
04-11-2005, 01:55 PM
E Straven,
1789 = French Revolution.

can't take place in the 17th century. There was no San Francisco then.

Keep in mind that the best piece of literature to help you understand the time Samurai Shodown was intended to take place in is a book called Musashi, by Eiji Yoshikawa. This story takes place directly after the battle of Sekigahara, at the beginning of the Tokugawa era. So I see where you're coming from.

Find out what the name of Genjuro's stage was in SSII. heh. Just one of many references to history.

In all, it doesn't make a lot of sense. It's very convoluted. But the only thing which is solid is the French Revolution.

kafuin_gaira
04-11-2005, 01:56 PM

had to look it up at vgmuseum to refresh my memory, is it because it looks like genjuro kills gen-an and earthquake, yet ss2 is supposed to follow ss4?

no idea, at least we know gaira's ending from ssv is just a joke (gen-an, sieger, and wan-fu make him shave his head)...

I am not dismissing all the written information as untrue but many of the storyline elements are questionable especially the character profiles. The dates are all correct, no doubt about that.

ok, gotcha.

Eric Straven
04-11-2005, 02:00 PM
E Straven,
1789 = French Revolution.

can't take place in the 17th century. There was no San Francisco then.

Keep in mind that the best piece of literature to help you understand the time Samurai Shodown was intended to take place in is a book called Musashi, by Eiji Yoshikawa. This story takes place directly after the battle of Sekigahara, at the beginning of the Tokugawa era. So I see where you're coming from.

Find out what the name of Genjuro's stage was in SSII. heh. Just one of many references to history.

In all, it doesn't make a lot of sense. It's very convoluted. But the only thing which is solid is the French Revolution.
You're right, and I was aware of this beforehand but for some reason I pushed back all the dates a 100 years.... :oh_no:
I fixed the post now, thanks for pointing it out.

hermegildo
04-11-2005, 02:02 PM
It's weird, but I've always felt that Samurai Shodown has an awesome storyline. It's just that they don't tell enough of it during the actual game.

Same goes for The Last Blade.

SouthtownKid
04-11-2005, 02:03 PM
To answer your question, Rade, it takes place in the 1600s, that is, the 17th century.
Warrior's Rage however takes place in the beginning on the 18th century, that is, the 1700s.Actually, everything in his FAQ that I've been able to check myself has been correct, including what he has of the SS5 cutscenes and endings.

Some things, like when he says "such-and-such caracter is based on so-and-so", I do question, but it may just be a case of mistaking the words 'based on' instead of 'inspired by'.

As for San Fransisco, etc... There are a lot of inconsistancies like that, and some of the characters based on actual people come frome different time periods, so I don't think you can think about that stuff too seriously.

Hmkay
04-11-2005, 02:09 PM
How so ? Gen-An and Earthquake have simply been sent by Mizuki to get Genjuro to join them, but Genju kicks their ass. That's it.

Anyway, Saiki's FAQ is good. It's unfair to bash it like that. Even if like 5% of it isn't totally "true", that doesn't make it ALL bullshit.

Evil Wasabi
04-11-2005, 02:16 PM
How so ? Gen-An and Earthquake have simply been sent by Mizuki to get Genjuro to join them, but Genju kicks their ass. That's it.

Anyway, Saiki's FAQ is good. It's unfair to bash it like that. Even if like 5% of it isn't totally "true", that doesn't make it ALL bullshit.

When I first played SSIV, I didn't think it took place before SSII, and it seemed to make sense that both of them died in SSII (or at least in EQ's case, got trapped in hell). So I figured they were working for the devil. Besides, they didn't seem to be in cahoots in SSII - just both working for "the dark guy." It wasn't clearly spelled out.

Yamazaki_RJ
04-11-2005, 11:06 PM
All sprites must be redrawn and all gameplay must be original. That's the law of samurai.

Even not waiting a good things from SNKP or new/well made sprites from Yuki, I wish this title good luck.

DevilRedeemed
04-11-2005, 11:24 PM
Iggy's other rumour was that KOF 11 (working title) would be released towards the end of the year at the arcades.

Tron
04-12-2005, 04:40 AM
All sprites must be redrawn and all gameplay must be original. That's the law of samurai.

Even not waiting a good things from SNKP or new/well made sprites from Yuki, I wish this title good luck.
I like to see that as well in a new SS.

Not unless PlayWhore says no to.... Yuki and ask them just to rehash :rolleyes:

k'_127
04-12-2005, 06:30 AM
all the arcades will die, and all the cabints will be broken. that's the law of the SS AW

Eric Straven
04-12-2005, 06:52 AM
all the arcades will die, and all the cabints will be broken. that's the law of the SS AW
Your penis. I like it.

k'_127
04-12-2005, 08:01 AM
Your penis. I like it.

PM sent

Eric Straven
04-12-2005, 08:18 AM
PM sent
All PMs answered/replied.
:cool:

k'_127
04-12-2005, 08:39 AM
penis ON HOLD

Eric Straven
04-12-2005, 09:27 AM
penis ON HOLD
You have a normal size vagina, so I'm afraid I will avoid you from now on since those are too mainstream. Sorry.

PS: I can read and write in Arabic, does that qualify me into teh 1337 sand nigga club? :drool_2: I don't understand or speak it though.
PPS: My penis is an left for the nut in a wet!!! http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/icons/icon15.gif w00t! :cool:
PPPS: I'm serious about being able to read and write in Arabic.

DevilRedeemed
04-16-2005, 01:38 PM
this is not confirmed for sure yet and should be treated as a rumour, but Iggy is pointing at the possiblity of a loke test for the game this coming friday (22/4/05). nothing more.

Giga Power
04-16-2005, 08:52 PM
This news made me head back over here after a long period of not posting...

I'd love to see this actually happen sometime soon. The last SS title was awesome and I'm really confident with the team's ability to bring out yet another quality title in the series.

I'd just hope that we get new sprites to go along with the new hardware.

I know.

That's asking too much.

Dash Turbo X
04-17-2005, 08:58 PM
yes new sprites have to be a must, especially after SNKP had said in interviews in the past that Metal Slug 6 and SS AW would take advantage of the hardware's power and would be built from the ground up. Hm....maybe by that they meant 3d backgrounds. knowing playmore, that was probably the case....

hermegildo
04-17-2005, 09:09 PM
yes new sprites have to be a must, especially after SNKP had said in interviews in the past that Metal Slug 6 and SS AW would take advantage of the hardware's power and would be built from the ground up. Hm....maybe by that they meant 3d backgrounds. knowing playmore, that was probably the case....

Where exactly did you read this? Could you post a source? I've never heard of such a thing, and I've been paying close attention to SNKP/AW news.

Dash Turbo X
04-17-2005, 10:06 PM
If i remember correctly, I think it was the atomiswave article posted on gamespot, but I could be wrong. What i remember for sure was that they stated that they were going to make good use of the hardware. They probably meant adding 3d backgrounds.

beelzebubble
04-17-2005, 11:43 PM
this is not confirmed for sure yet and should be treated as a rumour, but Iggy is pointing at the possiblity of a loke test for the game this coming friday (22/4/05). nothing more.

the "K S EX" refers i think to kyoubashi shato ex. if its true ill be there.

yagami_boy
04-18-2005, 11:26 PM
I just read this on Kaz's site, overall, a SS dream match (maybe 2 or 3 SS64 charas are in it. prob. Hanma, Taisan,) and old ones are back, bad news is they are using rehash sprites.

ken_dong
04-19-2005, 05:24 AM
All sprites must be redrawn and all gameplay must be original.
too much, isn't it? ^^

It's playmore after all.