SS AW - rumor

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
Iggy posted about this at the mmcafe... It's nothing official, just a simple rumor, but here it is:

APPARENTLY, a beta test of SSAW will be organized in april.
And YUKI WOULD BE DEVELOPING THE GAME.

Asura

Hardened Shock Trooper
Hope they bring back to life the SS series, since that my favorite figther game ever. :buttrock:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
well here's hoping its true - and they take advantage of AWs power. It would make for very exiting news.
*crosses fingers*

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
Please god. All new sprites and all new backgrounds.

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
Hopefully new hand drawn sprites. I never got a chance to play V, but I was never all that interested in Samurai Shodown anyway.

Eric Straven

Banned
I certainly hope they don't make the same mistake they made with the Hyper NeoGeo 64 series. If they want to make a 3D fighter, and a 3D WEAPONS FIGHTER at that, they should atleast include the basic necessary features as in games like the Soul Blade/Calibur series. If they want the game to be a success, they have to make it full featured, not some lame half-assed 3D-rendered piece of shit like the SS64 series(In my opinion, that is). I'm sure many would disagree but this is one of the reasons the Hyper 64 architecture failed miserably, because of the low quality exhibited by the available games.
I don't know how to react to this rumor. One part of me is feeling excited at the possibility of a new addition to the series while on the other hand, the other part is urging me to express indifference to the matter since I know it will be just another SNK Playmore flop. I can't honestly give a reasonable opinion until NGBC is released, really.

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
Eric Straven said:
One part of me is feeling excited at the possibility of a new addition to the series while on the other hand, the other part is urging me to express indifference to the matter since I know it will be just another SNK Playmore flop. I can't honestly give a reasonable opinion until NGBC is released, really.
I think you missed the fact YUKI is working on it... SNK Playmore will only publish it, and as such, how NBC will turn out is in no way related to this new SS game.

And also, it's going to be a 2D game, unless they changed their plans...

Asura

Hardened Shock Trooper
Eric Straven said:
I certainly hope they don't make the same mistake they made with the Hyper NeoGeo 64 series. If they want to make a 3D fighter, and a 3D WEAPONS FIGHTER at that, they should atleast include the basic necessary features as in games like the Soul Blade/Calibur series. If they want the game to be a success, they have to make it full featured, not some lame half-assed 3D-rendered piece of shit like the SS64 series(In my opinion, that is). I'm sure many would disagree but this is one of the reasons the Hyper 64 architecture failed miserably, because of the low quality exhibited by the available games.
I don't know how to react to this rumor. One part of me is feeling excited at the possibility of a new addition to the series while on the other hand, the other part is urging me to express indifference to the matter since I know it will be just another SNK Playmore flop. I can't honestly give a reasonable opinion until NGBC is released, really.

Good point of view.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
I hope they bring back some characters like Earthquake, Gen-an.... Hell bring almost every character back with new ones. The Slash/Bust option should come back although I think some of the new characters from SSV (the bust characters) should remain their own character like (I can't think of names right now) Evil Horumaru, Evil Nakuru. I really just hope this is the Sam Sho sequel that SNK fans have been craving since SS2.

PS if this game doesn't have all new art, that would be very disapointing.

Eric Straven

Banned
Hmkay said:
I think you missed the fact YUKI is working on it... SNK Playmore will only publish it, and as such, how NBC will turn out is in no way related to this new SS game.

And also, it's going to be a 2D game, unless they changed their plans...
Maybe so. I guess you're right, but the fact that Playmore will at the very least will be involved in publishing the game guarantees that they will extend their influence in the game's direction and development no matter how much the fans complain, and that really downs me due to the poor quality of games published by SNK Playmore.
The name "Playmore" scares me nowadays.

Last edited:

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
ResOGlas said:
SS64 wasn't that bad... :rolleyes:

That said, I still hope it isn't 3D.
Asking for both things to go right is almost certainly too much.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Shirt in a Can said:
That said, I still hope it isn't 3D.
Asking for both things to go right is almost certainly too much.
Ha.

Playmore = Perpetual Disappointment

They also were the cause of the holocaust, no kidding.

Edit: I found these in the President of Playmore's desk:
_156338_gold_teeth_nazi.jpg

Last edited:

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
Eric Straven said:
Maybe so. I guess you're right, but the fact that Playmore will at the very least will be involved in publishing the game guarantees that they will extend their influence in the game's influence no matter how much the fans complain, and that really downs me due to the poor quality of games published by SNK Playmore.
The name "Playmore" scares me nowadays.
Indeed... Their influence could lead to a rushed game (pressure on Yuki to finish fast) or a censored game (much like SS5 and AES SS5S)...

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
I hope they never make another 3D game. I heard Maximum Impact wasn't that bad, it just seemed frivolous. Instead of wasting time trying to appeal to the masses with a half assed game, appeal to your faithful fans with something solid that nonfans will want to play.

Asura

Hardened Shock Trooper
Tung Fu ru said:
I hope they bring back some characters like Earthquake, Gen-an.... Hell bring almost every character back with new ones. The Slash/Bust option should come back although I think some of the new characters from SSV (the bust characters) should remain their own character like (I can't think of names right now) Evil Horumaru, Evil Nakuru. I really just hope this is the Sam Sho sequel that SNK fans have been craving since SS2.

PS if this game doesn't have all new art, that would be very disapointing.

Yeah, I hope they do it 2D and do like a compilation of all SS characters. Bring back to life Gen-an, Earthquake, Wan-Fu, Nicotine, Sieger, Cham Cham. Maybe they can add some characters from others SS games like Mikoto, Asura, Shiki, Gandara & Yuga. It would be great!! :buttrock:

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Asura said:
Yeah, I hope they do it 2D and do like a compilation of all SS characters. Bring back to life Gen-an, Earthquake, Wan-Fu, Nicotine, Sieger, Cham Cham. Maybe they can add some characters from others SS games like Mikoto, Asura, Shiki, Gandara & Yuga. It would be great!! :buttrock:

I'd be stoked if they brought back Sieger...That's why they won't.

EVIL NICK

ALL CAPS,
20 Year Member
The funny thing is, it wouldn't even be hard to have all the 2D charas in an SS game...

It's like SS4 + a couple more charas...