Just Bought Trizeal! Anyone played it??

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
I just bought Trizeal, as i have to wait a few days for it to arrive, I was just wondering if anyone here has played it??

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
Haven't played it, but it's getting a good response over on the shmup boards.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
If it's not better than XII Stag I'm saving my money.

After being mildly disappointed by Chaos Field, this is a DC shooter I did not want to preorder.

Kiken

Camel Slug
I've been playing it all weekend. They simply should have titled it:

Trizeal: It's much better than XII Stag!!

Really, there's no stupid scoring technique in this one. The bonus system is built around constantly picking up score items dropped from enemies. Very much like Blazing Star's Gem System, if you miss one item, their value resets.

Now... just like XII Stag, this game takes 2 stages to actually get good. Infact, stage 1 is rather boring. The game really picks up at stage 3 and starts to get rather intense. Stage 4's later half feels just as panicy as stage 5 in Gradius 5.

I did post some video of the game (I just sat and played for 20 minutes.. single credited to about midway through stage 5):
http://www.solfire.com/~kikenenryu/20minutesoftrizeal.avi

The game also has numerous unlockable extra stages, credits.. and of course, comes with the badana and mini OST CD.

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
cant play the vid, what codecs do i need? and where can I d/l them??

buster_broon

The Rock,
cant beleive you dodged bullets to get so far into the game that a bridge took you out

nice videos though

Kiken

Camel Slug
beh3moth said:
cant play the vid, what codecs do i need? and where can I d/l them??

DivX 5.1.1

If you D/L the latest version of DivX, it'll play fine.

Kiken

Camel Slug
buster_broon said:
cant beleive you dodged bullets to get so far into the game that a bridge took you out

nice videos though

Ahhh... the irony of walls. ;)

I was so busy attacking and dodging bullets that I totally forgot about the fact that I can run into those bridges. I've since spent loads of time practicing stage5 and can now do most of it perfectly.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Tate mode confuses my Real Player, apparently. Nice video, though, Kiken, thanks for posting it!

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
yep, got it running with divX but you had it in vertical mode, dont blame you tho, I love my TFT's rotating stand!!!

Bogard82

n00b
Can't wait for my copy to come in the mail. So far I've been hearing good impressions from other shmuppers about Trizeal. I'm not suprised, cause all of the lastest Dreamcast shmup releases have been good. I just wanna know if the gameplay is smooth.

Is it?

GarySheffield

Banned
I got mine today !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saturn2dfreak said:
any1 got who doesnt like it and wanna sell it,PM ME!

I got mine today.

Great little shmup even better then what I expected.Hopefully this will not be the last DC game to come out this year

Long live the DREAMCAST!!!!!!

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
I got mine this morning.

Its great!! nice to see the extra Music CD and bandana came with my copy too..

Nice old school vert shooter, fast paced and a great first stand-alone release from Triangle service. although the bullet sfx sounds a bit crackly, has anyone else noticed this?

Anyway, I hope they sell the quota they need to turn some profit, and make us some more shooters, I know i will buy them if they are as good as this little game :)
So spread the word!! Get this game before you miss out!!

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
I bought it of eBay, From 'Videogamedepot' I paid £34.99 for a preorder. It came pretty quickly as it was sent from the US. Came well packaged and in perfect shape. And they maked it as a 'GIFT' Handy, so stupid, useless bastard UK customs didnt charge me anything :) .

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I just popped it in this morning. Played to the 2nd stage and turned it off. Now I see that the later stages is where its all at, so I guess Ill get back to it.

BIG

sony fanboy
NeoCverA said:
I just popped it in this morning. Played to the 2nd stage and turned it off. Now I see that the later stages is where its all at, so I guess Ill get back to it.

Keep me in mind if and when you do decide to sell,friend ;)

BIG-

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
GarySheffield said:
I got mine today.

Great little shmup even better then what I expected.Hopefully this will not be the last DC game to come out this year

Long live the DREAMCAST!!!!!!

lol scammer

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
Anyone notice that the levels change depending on what you have shot down?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I just downloaded it and burned it...

Not bad...

I might try to pick up a copy when the price drops...

Much better than the bladr force/Psivirar shit that came out last year....

Reminds me of Raiden...

And the music is good too.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
I got the chance to play it too, is a very simple shooter, but fun and playable, without all the bullshit most modern shooters have that causes me to get lost. Some old-style classic shooting here.

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
I am pleased with it,

It came with some extra stuff, Music cd, bandana. and if Triangle Service goes bankrupt before another game is ready, this will be worth quite a bit in a few years time!

Seriously though. I hope they do well, get some funds and start making more decent shooters. I sometimes bring shooters into the office to play at lunch, and people say, 'look at those boring graphics' and 'whats all this 2d crap', but really, i have been playing and enjoying shooting games for over 2 decades now, and they dont know shit, I love em!

So stop all this downloading and ripping Trizeal to disc business, and get yourself a copy, Its not too pricey, and I think Triangle Service deserves our help!

let's get shooters back into the mainstream again, then perhaps developers will make more, and give some of the Jap only releases a decent english localised version.