Can you consolize a MV-1C?

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
The question is basically in the thread title :)

Is it possible? Pros? Cons?

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
can I or will I?

I won't do it (don't have the time) but yes someone can.

Pro: top loader/small
con: soldered bios chip

<-----(see icon) I put one in a saturn shell and it turned out quite nice, imo...

good luck!

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
Interesting - could you tell me what parts you used for that Saturn Shell one?

I have a casing that I do not know what to do with and I think a MV-1C would be nice in there - just need to figure out how to make a consolized version of an MVS.

I am not really sure how to/where to solder the video out, audio out, controllers and such...

If anyone with some talent feels like doing it for me feel free to give me a quote - I only have the casing (Hammond Aluminum case) to provide.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Howdoin said:

Yeah It's possible and very easy:

saturnfish2.jpg

sg222.jpg

Last edited:

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Howdoin said:
Interesting - could you tell me what parts you used for that Saturn Shell one?

I have a casing that I do not know what to do with and I think a MV-1C would be nice in there - just need to figure out how to make a consolized version of an MVS.

I am not really sure how to/where to solder the video out, audio out, controllers and such...

If anyone with some talent feels like doing it for me feel free to give me a quote - I only have the casing (Hammond Aluminum case) to provide.

well, in my project...here's what I used

-db-15's for the controller ports (wired neo style)
-a jameco sc200 psu
-a 5 pin din socket (for the psu to plug into)
-plain old rca and s-vid jacks for the audio and video output
-attenuation circuits for the audio (some people don't use them, but I always do)
-JROK for the video
-dpst switch for the on/off function
-spst switch for the pause feature

can't think of anything else off the top of my head, but it's been a while since I did anything consolized/supergun oriented...

I am sure you could find someone to rig that up for you...

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
How did you fasten the board to the case? Did you get the mounting holes to match up NGT?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
D-Lite said:
How did you fasten the board to the case? Did you get the mounting holes to match up NGT?

For both systems, I used some screws to screw it right down....... Maybe some washers where places were uneven..

Then I went with some rubber feet to pick it up off the surface...

You could try something else... but i'd stick with therubber feet.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
D-Lite said:

I put the mb in there where I wanted it, drew dots trough the screw holes in the pcb feet....then took it out and drilled the holes...then mounted it in there.

Basically, just screw it down :) I know others use the pin holes etc...but I used a jamma harness in there, so if I ever wanted it out..it was a few screws away from coming out.....besides the two wires on the bottom of the 8th dip switch for pause...which were soldered on.

thegreathopper

NAM-75 Vet
20 Year Member
Sound..

NGT said:
-plain old rca and s-vid jacks for the audio and video output
-attenuation circuits for the audio (some people don't use them, but I always do)

I am sure you could find someone to rig that up for you...

That looks a great job...did you manage to get stereo off of this board ?
If so I would like too know.....Thanks....

Orochi Iori Y

Frenzy Football Player
Here is another example that I put together:
front.jpg

For more pics and some description:
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88505

Good luck on your project. As far as I know there is not a way to get stereo out of a MV-1C that has been proven, though there was a topic about the idea of a way to do it some time ago, I don't think that it was actually tested though.

C.A.R25

Genjuro's Frog
Howdoin said:

If you can wire JAMMA, it's easy to consolize... it's just that things are packed together.

Sometime over the summer I will re-design my SG to be more compact (like a console)... there is lots of info online.

PUNJABEE

Banned
NGT said:
can I or will I?

<-----(see icon) I put one in a saturn shell and it turned out quite nice, imo...

Quit lying to yourself NGT. That thing is absolutely no less than BAD ASS, rather than 'quite nice.'

dogtoy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Orochi Iori Y said:
Good luck on your project. As far as I know there is not a way to get stereo out of a MV-1C that has been proven, though there was a topic about the idea of a way to do it some time ago, I don't think that it was actually tested though.

Stereo modding can be done on any of the smaller 1-slots beause the audio circuitry is basically the same. Search the tech forum. Neo-bitz did a sort of mini- tutorial here http://www.neobitz.com/Pages/Mods/MV1FZ-S.aspx

Should be easily adapted to the MV-1C, except I have been told the MV-1c does not have the analog audio output from the YM2610.

Cheers,
-DT