Baseball Stars Professional - thoughts?

lspear76

I am a bad seller. Fuck international buyers. Fuck
What does everyone think of this game? It was the first I ever had on Neo Geo, and I was amazed at the huge box with cartoon box art. The graphics were kind of crappy, but the homerun cinema and speech was superb. The music was also memorable.

My brother and I used to crack up at the opening cinema...

REAL!
Dynamic <- wtf?
Baseball Stars... Professional!

One time we were in Electronics Boutique and a guy was looking at the Neo Geo games and picked up Baseball Stars Professional. My brother looked at me with "the eye" when the guy said, "$199.99! This game must keep track of all the stats!" Obviously, the game did not.

-Lou

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
IMO..I don't think it's liked much..

I enjoy playing the Game..I find it hard as hell,and it keeps me coming back for more..

My Favorites have always been 2020 Super Baseball and Baseball Stars 2..
I always overlooked Baseball Stars Professional not liking it much..until recently playing it on the Candy Cab against a friend my opinion has changed..

Now I play it a lot more......but I still suck at the game.. :p

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Baseball Stars 2 is better..

Pick that up instead, it's slightly more $$$ but infinitely more fun.. not to say BBS isn't a good game, though.

I'm one of those rare few that thoroughly enjoy BBSP 1 way more than the 2nd version.

Reasons why I like 1 more than 2:
Music is more fun and better
you don't hit homers every few times
More easygoing in appearance.
Just plain more fun.

BBSP2 tries to be like an updated baseball game; so hard in fact that it loses the BBS appeal and becomes a baseball game that appeases to no other type of game.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I like it very much, but I gotta admit that nostalgia controbutes a lot to that.

Last edited:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Baseball Stars 2 just has so much more character. If I'm playing Baseball Stars Professional, it's hard for me not to wish I was playing Baseball Stars 2. And yes, the amount of homers in Baseball Stars 2 is ridiculous, but I love it's over-the-top style, and that just adds to it.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
This game was not very impressive even when it came out. I always thought Baseball Star 2 was much better and it still stands up as a fun game to this day.

Love the animation.

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
AES Baseball games follow this pattern:

BBS2 > 2020 > BBS Pro

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
BBS Pro is a better "Baseball Game" than the other Neo titles. It lacks character and overall entertainment value, but that doesn't make it a bad game. It's solid, and as far as I could tell, has more depth than the other Neo baseball titles. The individual character stats are a large part of that. Heh. If only the NES version had a Neo port ;) I don't think the Neo version had seasons where you could sign new players, etc... but it's been a while since I'd played either one.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
ive said it before and ill say it again, baseball stars 2 is infinitely better than part 1 and the second best baseball game ever made.

the only thing pro has going for it is the amazing cover art (one of my favorites) and the intro. i find the game lacking in most every way.

part 2 on the other hand is bursting at the seams and one of the few neo games i wanted a huge meg sequel for. instead we got rehash after rehash when an updated baseball stars game could have made a killing at the arcades (bars, sports clubs, etc).

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
About Baseball Stars 2......

Hey guys, Ive never been able to pull off that Catch, Jump and throw move that the damn CPU always does in BBS2.......how the hell do you do it?!?

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
I enjoyed BaseBall Stars. However, I think that BB Stars 2 is much better. I always hoped they would come out with BB Stars 3 and put real players into the game.

The over the top style of BB Stars 2 would have been great with some real players.