[PS2] Garou: Mark of the Wolves Packshot...

kanakura

Fio's Quartermaster
SNK Playmore releases the Packshot of the PlayStation 2 Version:
Release: 26. May 2005

Click for more --->

04.png
11.png

12.png
03.png

(NeoGeo Screenshots)

Last edited:

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
You'd think 6 years later they could do something for the pixelation using built in PS2 capabilities...
:oh_no:

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
VanillaThunder said:
You'd think 6 years later they could do something for the pixelation using built in PS2 capabilities...

Meh, that always ends up looking blurry i think. Unless they did the look like some emulators do that almost "vectorize" the look a little. Kinda like they do with the mugshots for the character select screens on the last few ports...and the intros as well.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Those are Neo-Geo screenshots, so we still have no idea on whether there will be graphics filters.

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
Not usually, these ports always somehow look a lot more blocky

Curt

apostate
Any word on any extra modes or anything aside from Online Play?

This will be great for the PS2 kids to finally get a hold of one of the finest SNK games ever.

That Shadow is indeed cool.

I noticed in the bottom right corner, it says Neo-Geo Vol 1.

What's this about? What other ports are they planning aside from KOF's and a few Metal Slugs? How many volumes do you think? Nice idea I guess.

Curt

apostate
Play Asia says there will be a "Limited Edition" MOTW PS2 for 89$. It will ship with the Neo Geo Stick 2.

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
CurtWRX said:
What's this about? What other ports are they planning aside from KOF's and a few Metal Slugs? How many volumes do you think? Nice idea I guess.

The last blade games are also up for ps2 ports.

rockhoward

Crossed Swords Squire
CurtWRX said:
I noticed in the bottom right corner, it says Neo-Geo Vol 1.

Actually it says "Neo-Geo Classic Collection Vol.1" (in Japanese) It's the first volume of the neogeo classics collection. SNKP announced couple months ago that they'll release Last Blade & Last Blade 2 collection for the second volume and KOF 95 & 96 & 97 collection, KOF 98 & 99 & 00 collection, and twinkle star sprites in the future.

mark-art

NEST Puppet
rockhoward said:
Actually it says "Neo-Geo Classic Collection Vol.1" (in Japanese) It's the first volume of the neogeo classics collection. SNKP announced couple months ago that they'll release Last Blade & Last Blade 2 collection for the second volume and KOF 95 & 96 & 97 collection, KOF 98 & 99 & 00 collection, and twinkle star sprites in the future.

Hopefully all these collections will see a stateside release. Especially the LB games. I have lb1, but it'd be nice to get a collection so i don't have the pay lb2 aes price...heh..

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
VanillaThunder said:
not targeting you directly but this post makes me chuckle. Seems like whenever SNK/playmore wants to add some new BGs or some extra effects people get pissy, but now that they didnt do anything different there is questioning of why not. <_< >_>

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
OrochiEddie said:
not targeting you directly but this post makes me chuckle. Seems like whenever SNK/playmore wants to add some new BGs or some extra effects people get pissy, but now that they didnt do anything different there is questioning of why not. <_< >_>

Was thinking that too. I personally, like the extra stuff. Especially when they give you the option to turn it off. Having most of it on MVS anyway, I want a reason to pick up the port.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
VanillaThunder said:

Hey, man, watch your mouth. I want to see every single pixel. I hate hate hate when capcom or SNK filters the graphics on their ports.

It looks so much nicer when left alone. You need to appreciate the pixel by pixel attentnion to detail SNK was known for. By Filtering, you lose all of that.

Curt

apostate
Rade Kuruc said:
Hey, man, watch your mouth. I want to see every single pixel. I hate hate hate when capcom or SNK filters the graphics on their ports.

It looks so much nicer when left alone. You need to appreciate the pixel by pixel attentnion to detail SNK was known for. By Filtering, you lose all of that.

I agree with this.