Which shooter do you 1-credit?

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
I must say Metal Slug is the only one... I just have to study the last stage in Gradius V, it will be soon over. RTF is also closer than ever, I use only one life beyond the first credit, just a little more work.

So, Metal Slug.

And you?

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Gate of thunder [died only once] and Lords of Thunder....as far as arcade goes...none. I dream about ESPrade and Batrider someday....probably never happen.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Sadly I have only 1cced the following:

Gunbird 2
Silpheed
Metal Slug
Shock Troopers

Have come close to 1ccing:

Sonic Wings 3
Strikers 1945 II
Pro-Gear
MSX

*May have missed some.

Last edited:

neosportskid

Banned
I have 1 credited metal slug 1 multiple times and have 2 credited blazing star on level 4 with the windina.

MNK

King's Dry Cleaner
Blazing Star, MVS difficulty
Gigawing Dreamcast
In the Hunt Playstation
Last Resort (first loop only), MVS difficulty no miss

I've reached the last stage on Zero Gunner 2, Metal Slug X and Shock Troopers but wouldn't exactly call that 'close to a 1CC' ;)

Last Resort both loops on 1 credit is my next goal, btw.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
The only shump I have ever 1CC'd is Stinger (Moreo Twinbee) for the NES.

More impressivly, I beat it on one life.

It's not that difficult to do. You just need to get the shield in Stage 1, the Moon in stage two and teh star in stage 4.

My shield ran in the second to last stage but I caught another shield bell in a few minutes without gettting hit. The shield lasted me through the sun and snake battles.

Blaine

Hinako's Cook
I was about to say 'none' but I remembered I did one credit Gunbird 2.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
I'm currently trying to 1cc Strikers 1945 Plus, but the later missions are
very freaking tough, but it's mostly because of the suicide bullets.

Blaine

Hinako's Cook
Spike said:
Impressive. :eek:

Me, Batrider. (normal course)

Yeah but that's the only one. And I can do it sporadically at best. I have a hard time getting to the third level on Blazing Star one one credit, I play Ikaruga poorly and I won't even go into my Star Soldier lacking.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I thnk the original poster means "legitimiltly 1cc"

VNM

n00b
heh, if Del or Rando were on here some lists near the century mark would drop :eek:

I have a couple dozen, one I'm most proud of is Dangun Feveron. No miss, no discomen lost clear. Nearly drove me over the edge and is why I quit playing.

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
I've 1 credited a bunch of them, but mostly older PCE, Neo, and Saturn shooters. The only recent shooter I've been able to 1 credit is Gradius V and the Star Soldier remake. I suck at newer ones :crying:

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
VNM said:
heh, if Del or Rando were on here some lists near the century mark would drop :eek:

I have a couple dozen, one I'm most proud of is Dangun Feveron. No miss, no discomen lost clear. Nearly drove me over the edge and is why I quit playing.

I beleive one of their list was at 113 last time I payed attention.

I dont see how you can have the amount of time that is required to do that.

Robert

20 Year Member
I can't say all those I have 1 CC but the last one was Psyvariar 2 (normal mode, shooting mode). In fact I didn't get the last true boss (not enough Buzz) so I can't say if it's really 1CC.

Diavle18

Banger regnaB,
Spike said:
I beleive one of their list was at 113 last time I payed attention.

I dont see how you can have the amount of time that is required to do that.

I was reading a thread there once (shmups.com) and a guy said that he 1cc Gunbird 2 on his first run through the game in normal mode. People didn't scream bullshit so he was prolly known for such feets.

As for me 1cc is no where in sight, I'll be happy the day I can reach level 4 in a shooter.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Honestly, I put so much time into fighting and rhythm games that the 1cc on any shmup is just a dream for me :annoyed:

The amount of time and patience it takes to 1cc a shmup is so underrated in the eyes of mainstream gamers. Usually when I mention shmups to any of my friends irl they say, "they're alright, but they get boring quick". Only because they don't play them properly though. They use continues and don't care if they die, they just shoot away and bomb everywhere, then when they die, they continue. You really have to learn the proper way to get enjoyment out of shmups.

I have so much respect for the 1ccing of any shmup. Maybe one day I'll devote the time to actually doing it. Seems like a couple of weeks with one shmup is my average limit before I get so frustrated that I quit. The last one I put very serious time into was DOJ (at least an hour a day for a couple of months), and I never even got my score up over 21 million. I really suck at the genre as a whole though. I wish I had better reflexes/hand-eye coordination....

Q-

A2ath0th

n00b
I can 1 credited Metal Slug in hard difficulty and Gigawing 2 on Dreamcast in maximal difficulty, and Life Force on NES is the only game I can finish without losing any life, but in fact it's not a really hard game when you can equip yourself with options missiles and laser ;)

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
One credit:
Life Force
Metal Slug 3
Raiden Fighters 2
Soldier Blade

One life:
Lords of Thunder
Metal Slug

Basically if the game is considered easy by shmup aficionadoes then I can sort of do well at it if I get lucky.

As for the Neo Geo shmups, I mean Last Resort? Hell any time I beat that game AT ALL it's time for a celebration.

Several years ago someone posted some videos on here. They're of someone going through VIEWPOINT on the HARDEST difficulty on ONE life. I don't have the videos and have no idea who did them. Anyone who has any clues on this for me is surely the Kwisatz Haderach.