Japanese Translation: Metal Slug 5

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
warnning2.jpg

Hi,
Would someone translate the above text from Metal Slug 5? It would be for a shock box I'm just about finished with...

mslug5-legeek-copy2.jpg

Thanks!
Ben

Last edited:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Bump for you bro. Come on guys, help him out so he can finish it up.
:cool:

Fist Of Legend

Kula's Candy
Nothing interresting for an insert, first part says "roketesuto" and that means location test. The other text, name the place where the location test was. ;)

Curt

apostate
Watch out for the two NN's in "Warnning" as well...

Unless your partial to SNKP-Grish.

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
Cool! Thanks Fist of Legend! Think I'll just keep it as is then...

Yep going for the SNKlish

Cheers,
Ben

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
CurtWRX said:
Watch out for the two NN's in "Warnning" as well... Unless your partial to SNKP-Grish.
On that same note, watch out for:
"the missions begins" (should be "the mission begins" or "the missions begin")
"your under an onslaught" (should be "you're under an onslaught")
unless, of course, you're preserving some pre-existing SNKP-Grish.
le geek said:
Fist Of Legend said:
Nothing interresting for an insert, first part says "roketesuto" and that means location test. The other text, name the place where the location test was. ;)
While the upper row of red katakana does indeed say roketesuto / Location Test, the lower row of red kanji is not the name of the location. The first 2 kanji are "kouhyou," meaning "favorable criticism; a favorable comment; a favorable review" and the last 3 are "jisshichuu" ("jisshi" means "execution, enforcement; operation" -- the "~chuu" indicates that the execution/enforcement/operation is ongoing / happening now).

I'm assuming that "jisshichuu" is not the standard phrasing one would use in this case, but was instead chosen by SNKP due to its militaristic tone that would jive well with the military setting/tone of the MS series. One of our members currently living in Japan could probably comment a little better on this suggestion, and could certainly do a better job than I could at working out an acceptable English interpretation of the "kouhyou jisshichuu" phrase.

--Chris

Last edited:

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
Thanks for catching the "missions begins". That's just my dumbass typo :make_fac:

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
Dash no Chris said:
On that same note, watch out for:
"the missions begins" (should be "the mission begins" or "the missions begin")
unless, of course, you're preserving some pre-existing SNKP-Grish.

While the upper row of red katakana does indeed say roketesuto / Location Test, the lower row of red kanji is not the name of the location. The first 2 kanji are "kouhyou," meaning "favorable criticism; a favorable comment; a favorable review" and the last 3 are "jisshichuu" ("jisshi" means "execution, enforcement; operation" -- the "~chuu" indicates that the execution/enforcement/operation is ongoing / happening now).

I'm assuming that "jisshichuu" is not the standard phrasing one would use in this case, but was instead chosen by SNKP due to its militaristic tone that would jive well with the military setting/tone of the MS series. One of our members currently living in Japan could probably comment a little better on this suggestion, and could certainly do a better job than I could at working out an acceptable English interpretation of the "kouhyou jisshichuu" phrase.

--Chris

hey chris!

kouhyou jisshichuu is actually used a lot in advertising.

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
beelzebubble said:
kouhyou jisshichuu is actually used a lot in advertising.
Written with the same kanji we're seeing here? I'm not really very familiar with the kanji phrasings used in announcements for these particular situations, and I was having a little trouble tracking down other examples of similar situations -- since location tests and the like are short-run events, the promo announcements for them tend to get harder to find after the events conclude.

Thanks! :)

--Chris

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
Dash no Chris said:
Written with the same kanji we're seeing here? I'm not really very familiar with the kanji phrasings used in announcements for these particular situations, and I was having a little trouble tracking down other examples of similar situations -- since location tests and the like are short-run events, the promo announcements for them tend to get harder to find after the events conclude.

Thanks! :)

--Chris

yep using those kanji. you often see it on ads on the train and the like. its often used for ads which promote campaigns for example.

stuff like this:

全品10%オフキャンペーン実施中

Adamaki

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Dash no Chris said:

Most english speaking people would write this as well because their english sucks!

I think SNKgrish should definitely be preserved. Neo geo wouldn't be the same without it.

Thanks for the translation. I'm currently trying to learn Japanese but my kanji still sucks!