New to the site..and MVS

Konig

NAM-75 Vet
Just wanted to say whats up to all you neo freaks. I didn't even realize there was a message board for us until now. I'm glad to see so many people are active with their systems/games.

I'm a long time NeoCD owner, who just sold my system and games. I'm picking up a 4 slot MVS machine this weekend. I have always wanted one of these units, I cant wait to set it up. I have about 12 games for it already, mostly from that yao guy on ebay.

I have a few questions though if you don't mind.

1. Whats the best source for carts you guys have found?
2. Is there any tech info about my MVS I can download on-line?
3. Anything I should know when I go to pick it up? common issues?
4. Is there a good place to buy the "light bar" game cards for the cab?

Any help would be appreciated. Sorry to ask questions on my first post, but I'm new to the MVS system / arcade cabinets in general.

Thanks

Last edited:

super-saiya-jin

I wish I really were French
Konig said:

The selling forums, http://www.neostore.com http://www.arcadeshock.com and http://www.japangamesnow.com
are great places for MVS Carts

Konig said:

For all your MVS queries http://www.hardmvs.com is the place to go

Konig said:
Sorry to ask questions on my first post, but I'm new to the MVS system / arcade cabinets in general.

No sweat dude
WE WILL BE GLAD TO HELP YOU OUT

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
Welcome to the mecca for neo-geo Konig....Congrats on your MVS unit!!!
We look forward to your input soon... Get some pics in of your new cab!.

Konig

NAM-75 Vet
thanks for the info man..those are some great bookmarks. I would have never found them on my own. I'm getting up bright and early to go pick her up. Its like x-mas in April.... I will definitely snap off some pics. This thing is supposed to be a 9 out of 10 condition wise.

Edit.
This is the type of machine Im picking up, but in better condition. Anyone know the dimensions? I forgot to ask...Im guessing its about 30" wide? May have to be a garage unit if I cant fit it through the front door.

MVS-4-25v3.jpg

Last edited:

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
It will fit through a standard doorway, should have no problem getting it into the house. Where do you live in FL and where did you find a cab? I live in Jacksonville, FL when I'm not at school and never found anything around there, ended up getting my 4 slot at auction here in Knoxville, TN.

Konig

NAM-75 Vet
I live near Tampa, I found a game cab seller on ebay. I noticed that he was located in Brandon and Bradenton, so I called him up and arranged for me to pick it up. Saves me about 300 bucks on shipping one in from Georgia.

aria

Former Moderator
Welcome to the boards! I'd say welcome to the hobby, but you're an old hand :)

Konig said:
Just wanted to say whats up to all you neo freaks. I didn't even realize there was a message board for us until now. I'm glad to see so many people are active with their systems/games.

I'm a long time NeoCD owner, who just sold my system and games. I'm picking up a 4 slot MVS machine this weekend. I have always wanted one of these units, I cant wait to set it up. I have about 12 games for it already, mostly from that yao guy on ebay.

I have a few questions though if you don't mind.

4. Is there a good place to buy the "light bar" game cards for the cab?

Any help would be appreciated. Sorry to ask questions on my first post, but I'm new to the MVS system / arcade cabinets in general.

Thanks

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Welcome dude, I'd be keen on seeing your cab when you've got it installed.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Welcome to the club have fun with this insane hobby of ours :glee:

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Konig said:
Thanks, is that first web site kept up to date?

Not really but if you drop them a line (deal with Queenie, shes really helpfull) they will email you regular excel pricelist updates.
Remember * on their listing indicates a bootleg.