Aero Fighters

BlackReppuKen

Zero's Secretary
Does anybody like this game?

I played the hell out of AF2 in the coin laundry a few years back.

Vernon

"Stumpy"
BlackReppuKen said:

yeah AF2 is a cool shooting,

3 is better ;)

BIG

sony fanboy
The original Aerofighters is the best one out of the three,and I absolutely adore it :)

BIG-

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I have AF2 on NeoCD, and I like it quite a bit. In fact, I pretty much forgot I had it until I saw this thread. Now I'm going to have to go home and play it tonight, thanks for the roundabout reminder!

Also, the soundtrack on the NeoCD version rocks. AF2 is one of the few games that is actually really good on CD, IMO, since the loading is very reasonable and the soundtrack is so good.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
I like the whole series. Love the character design, everything.
One of my favorite shmups series out there.

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
2 is my favorite. I find 3 to be just a rip off of the second instalment, but still pretty good.

Sonic Wings series is a perfect game to start playing shmup, not too hard and handy gameplay.

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
BlackReppuKen said:

Yes i like it... decent off-beat shooter, i originally had this on the neo cd machine..
Aquired it on NGH cart & play it once in a while...im looking for sonic-wings 3 now.

Mad Mage

Edo Express Delivery Guy
20 Year Member
I'm a huge fan. Shmups these days are so complex and hard. And that's great, but it's nice to get back to the basics and I think the Sonic Wings series does simple shmup gameplay superbly.

I love the old school techno soundtrack too! Anyone else remember the boss music in Aero Fighters 3?

lostdog

Quiz Detective
Anyone else play Sonic Wings Limited? It had elements of 1 and 2, but with a more 3d look to it. It was a very cool game, but I've never seen it in the wild.

As for the Neo versions, 3 is my favorite. I know it is just boss battles and insanity, but I love the insanity. Especially since I've played it for years and I still seem to find odd things in it. 2 was one of the first games that got me into the Neo Geo, oddly enough. I'd played tons of Fatal Fury, SS, KOF, etc in the arcades, but never really thought they were all running on the same machine. It wasn't until probably 97 or so did I realize what was in those cabs at my arcade, and when I finally bought an MVS, Aerofighters 2 was the first game I bought (a favorite of mine at the arcade, and I paid way too much for it... but... anyway).

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
I have the 2nd 1 on my cab and think its a quality game. Nice graphics, good pick up and play style gameplay and great sound, its usually in my cab.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
neo>all said:
if i spot one in an arcade it usually gets my 25cents
Same here then 'agian i'm a sucker for any.... shooter that has a WWII theme to it.