Sengoku Ace & Blade for PS2

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Yay or Nay? I've never played either, but the screenshots I've seen look promising... Can any veterans here tell me what's up?

Kiken

Camel Slug
Well, I've unfortunately never played the first game (Sengoku Ace), but I do have the Saturn release of Sengoku Blade and I highly recommend it. Psikyo were really in their element developing this side-scroller. So for the second game alone, I'd say it's worth picking up (if you don't already own the Saturn rev).

And come to think of it... is it just me, or do only the Sega releases of their games come with the bonus characters (Gunbird 2 and Sengoku Blade, right off the top of my head)?

MNK

King's Dry Cleaner
Well, Ace was Psikyos first title so it might be interesting if you're a fan. It's fun but shows its age. The sequel on the other hand is really really good, the graphic style is very nice. Gameplay is based off their usual system (rank, powerups, random stages, fast bulletpatterns etc).

Never tried the PS2 versions though, only arcade, so I wouldn't know if these conversions are good or bad.

Kiken said:
And come to think of it... is it just me, or do only the Sega releases of their games come with the bonus characters (Gunbird 2 and Sengoku Blade, right off the top of my head)?

Morrigan is exclusive to the DC version of Gunbird 2, and Marion is exclusive to the Saturn version of Sengoku Blade. There's another bonus character in both these games but I can't say if he's exclusive or not.

BIG

sony fanboy
Grab it.

Sengoku Blade is Psikyo's best Hori-shmup,so that alone should warrant the purchase. Ace is kinda old-school..definitely showing its age,but hey,it's a freebie,and it is still pretty fun,nonetheless.

BIG-