Do you hate "teh pause"?

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
I'm talking about the the pause that happens when you do A super.
I remember the first time it happened on SSF2X, I was all "WTF!?".
I understand it's supposed to make it all drmatic & stuff but I feel it just breaks up the action too much.
How about you?

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I think it's necessary to have teh pause because it gives the other character time to defend. it's also some kind of a heads up.

neo>all

Super nO0b
HellioN said:
I'm talking about the the pause that happens when you do A super.
I remember the first time it happened on SSF2X, I was all "WTF!?".
I understand it's supposed to make it all drmatic & stuff but I feel it just breaks up the action too much.
How about you?

I don't hate it but it does slow the game a bit.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I like it, I think it's pretty cool. I love the dramatic pauses in some games. Super pauses are cool, as is the final blow in the Sam Sho games. Pauses are just fine, since they do give the player SOME time to react, but most the times, the pause just shows off the move's coming, and doesn't really help the opponent if done right. It's sort of a "look what you're about to eat, bitch" type move.

Setsuna1982

World Her,
i would like a slow-motion -> back-to-normal-speed effect. If done correctly it would kick ass

Something similar to Matrix reloaded when Neo is about to kick the face of one of the smiths or when he's about to hit one of them with the stick

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
Yes they are annoying as hell. I hate that especially when your opponent gets time to Block because of that. I guess if it wasn't present it would be much worse though.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
One of the reasons I don't like 96 as much as the others is because it doesn't have the pause.

I really like it, it makes you work harder to land the super and it just plain looks cool IMO.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I'm all about the pre-super pause - I <3 t3h dr@m@.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
I hate when people post in the wrong forums. But if you meant pauses that occur in Neo Geo games lie dms, well, I kind of enjoy it. I think it does make things more dramatic.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
How is this the wrong fourm?
This is general gaming discussion right? :loco:

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I can't imagine the game that doesn't have a pause before the super. It's built into the game engine, it ROCKS. Give me my spark of shinyness before shermie throws someone ten times!!!!1

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Play countermode on KOF99 and KOF00.

Voila, no "teh pause"

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Spike Spiegel said:
I like it, I think it's pretty cool. I love the dramatic pauses in some games. Super pauses are cool, as is the final blow in the Sam Sho games. Pauses are just fine, since they do give the player SOME time to react, but most the times, the pause just shows off the move's coming, and doesn't really help the opponent if done right. It's sort of a "look what you're about to eat, bitch" type move.

I totally agree, dude. I'm all for the pauses..

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
Spike Spiegel said:
The final blows in the Sam Sho games are intense, especially against a human player, round 3, both on the verge of death. There are countless matches me and my bro play, both bars blinking near death, we run, jump, clash, and the slow down. Who won? You don't know until one body hits the earth dead and the other remains standing. Very intense.

RocketLawnChair

Dyslexic Mods FWT!, , got me 2 scalps, ,
15 Year Member
Yeah, that pause can sometimes be irritating. I love my Dreamcast (so many great fighters/shooters...too bad so many of those are imports), but the pause after a special in Super Street Fighter 2X gets on my nerves a little. hehe :)

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I hate the pause unless I'm playing in an arcade or online. Sure it breaks up the action, but there's just something so satisfying about hearing your XBL opponent say "oh, shit" during the pause before Ryu's Super II finishes off a long combo.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
HellioN said:
How is this the wrong fourm?
This is general gaming discussion right? :loco:
I don't care anymore, the forums have been dead for so long, it really makes no difference to me.

AztekNinja

Fire Starter, Instigator, the guy from RE5
I like them. Although, I want some new DM initiation effects. I'm tired of the hands just shimmering and glowing, how about something else?!