Delayed Hello

FMonk

n00b
Just wanted to say hello as a new member of the forums (even though I had a boot question over in the tech section last week)! I'm a moderator over at the KLOV message boards, and I finally got my hands on an MVS, something I've been wanting since before I even got into arcade collecting :D It's a little bit rough, but it's going to clean up really nice. I actually got it in a trade with a friend for a dedicated classic I owned called Radical Radial (the KLOV entry has pics of my cab, they're the color ones). I bought it at auction for 65$, and my friend bought the MVS for 110$ at auction. When we got the MVS home, the monitor had gone out, but after the trade (and a bunch of time working on the monitor-- and a sore back from moving games :p), I got a working one slot! :D

Right now, my collection includes Fatal Fury Special, and Bust a Move. Not a bad start, but I have to get some more games, since I've always been a huge Neo*Geo fan, and I love so many of the NG games out there. I'd also like to get a two or four slot someday, but right now, money is preventing me ;)

Also, it's been so long since I've played much FFS, I suck at it so bad right now......

neogeo.jpg

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Welcome and congrats on the cab. You got the better end of that trade because you'll be putting in some real quality hours with all the great titles you have access to.
-BB

syringe

Banned
Good Deal.

I'd look into getting a unibos 2.0 onto that MVS board ASAP.

It's totally worth it.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Welcome aboard. You got 2 great games to start off with. FFS is pure classic-SNK and the ladies love Bust-A-Move.

aegreatone

Sieger's Squire
ay mayne, good to see you on the boards, watch out for them roachy ass mota fuckas but for the most part we got some laid back fellas in this bitch, ya know, real recognize real is all i gotta say. holla.

good to see you got yo neo on ya, mayne. I'm bout to break my pockets and get me one of them aes systems wit RBFF. I figured it out it's gonna cost me at least 500 endz just to see that. But ay, ain't nuttin i can handle, i'm fixen to be a neo geo owner just like yo self. Here's hopeful wishin', peace.

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
Welcome buddy.....that cab was a steal at the price!.. you will have it minted up in no time...

FMonk

n00b
The unibios is on the list of things to do ;) I think I have a friend who can burn it for me, but if not, I'll just order it (might do that anyway to get the serial number added in :p)

Right now I'm doing mostly minor stuff, like patching some holes from a former padlock holder, adding a second speaker for stereo, and re-adding the power switch (that some operator kindly broke and disconnected :(). Then I have to touch up some spots with paint, and I think I may repaint the sides with a roller, since they were previously touched up with a spraycan :mad: I'm tracking some sideart on ebay, and I think I'll print up some SNK related graphics to put on the bezel to make it more interesting.

It was pretty dirty and beat at the auction, and it needed a bit of solder work on the monitor to get it going again, but I knew 110$ was a great price since the PCB was worth that alone ;)

I love playing the games, but restoring cabs is almost as much fun :D

Last edited:

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
Nice one FMonk!!...., Agreed.. in restoring the cab is as much fun as playing!! :)
Im a little stuck for space at the mo..but soon i will buy another cab...you'll have to post more pics of it when its minted!..with the new logos etc.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
Delayed WELCOME

nice to see someone wo's willing to put some work at breathing new life into a NEO, enjoy the experience of this community/asylum