What's the current value for an SSVS complete kit?

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Sorry, I just havn't been around for awhile and I have an oppurtune' to pick one up. Also, If I remember correctly, SNK-P made the genius decision of shipping out the kits by slapping a shipping label on the kit itself. Is is better to have a kit with the shipping label intact, or one that has had the label removed perfectly? Thanks in advance. :)

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I'd rather have one with the label removed perfectly, if possible. It's sort of a gamble though, as removing the label could conceivably do more harm than good.

I'd say that a complete kit in mint condition may fetch $500 or more - haven't seen many at all lately.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
galfordo said:
I'd rather have one with the label removed perfectly, if possible. It's sort of a gamble though, as removing the label could conceivably do more harm than good.

I'd say that a complete kit in mint condition may fetch $500 or more - haven't seen many at all lately.

I'm in Japan right now, and I've seen four with my own eyes. 1 with the shipping label intact, 2 with the shipping label poorly torn off (looks really bad), and one that has been perfectly removed, however, there are "tan-lines" on the box where the label and tape used to be. I'm torn between the one with the shipping label intact and the one with it removed.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
If all the kits were shipped in the manner you describe
then it's fine.
The crazy thing is.... once you remove the label,you impact upon it's authenticity in a negative way.
-BB

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
ResOGlas said:
I'm in Japan right now, and I've seen four with my own eyes. 1 with the shipping label intact, 2 with the shipping label poorly torn off (looks really bad), and one that has been perfectly removed, however, there are "tan-lines" on the box where the label and tape used to be. I'm torn between the one with the shipping label intact and the one with it removed.

Personally, I'd rather have the one with the label removed, but it sounds like it's probably a matter of preference.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
BIG BEAR said:
If all the kits were shipped in the manner you describe
then it's fine.
The crazy thing is.... once you remove the label,you impact upon it's authenticity in a negative way.
-BB

Point taken. Label intact, I suppose.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
How many of these kits were produced? I've screwed myself over in the past when the original SNK themselves stated that KOF'99 was the last KOF that they'd make and I bought a kit, then with Pochi and Nyaa for $400 and Samurai Showdown 5 for $300...

I know that SSVS is a bit more secure because there won't be anymore produced, but there is always that dormant fear that a stockpile will be found. Anyway, the asking price for the kit is about $350. I wasn't really in the market for this kit at the moment, but the price just seemed really good from what I remember them going for.

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
my kit box is flawless, no shipping label on it (or any sign of one being removed). first i'd heard about this.

i've no concern how much it's selling for anyway, my copy will probably follow me to the grave...

neosportskid

Banned
I want this game so bad but I will not pay more than 250 for it.
How much is it loose?
And for God's sake galfordo get rid of that jacko picture.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
neosportskid said:
How much is it loose?

I think I saw one for around $300 in the selling forums. Maybe Dark Andy was selling it?

neosportskid said:

Sorry, but the picture stays until I find one I like better. You don't think he's kind of cute?

neosportskid

Banned
Why the hell did neostore get no copies of this.
How pissed of are people with the aes fixed version?

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
neosportskid said:
Why the hell did neostore get no copies of this.
How pissed of are people with the aes fixed version?

1. The Neostore did get copies of this.

2. People are pissed about the "fixed" AES.

3. Sounds like you either need to start saving up in your piggy bank for awhile, or go for the extremely cheaper, slightly less balanced regular SSV.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
neosportskid said:

galfordo said:
Sorry, but the picture stays until I find one I like better. You don't think he's kind of cute?

Nah, it ain't cute.. It's quite sickening, actually.. :D

Last edited:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
ResOGlas said:
1. The Neostore did get copies of this.

The boxes were fucking torn! Who'd want to spend hundreds of dollars for a torn box wrapped in tape.. :oh_no:

verbel

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
neosportskid said:
How much is it loose?

Excellentcom has loose carts on their list for 138. I ordered one it should be here next week for me.

neosportskid

Banned
Thanks for the info.
If I had a fixed version I would just send it back to playmore and ask for the real fucking game. That is the stupidest shit I have ever heard of. I wonder how many fixed versions shawn originally got. :rolleyes:

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
verbel said:
Excellentcom has loose carts on their list for 138. I ordered one it should be here next week for me.

I went to that site and couldn't find any SSVS carts loose or full kits. Did you buy the last one? Or were you just yanking our chains?

verbel

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I don't think the have it listed on their site. I e-mailed them and asked them about a few games I was looking for. They e-mailed me a excel spread sheet with thier stock list. If you want PM me your e-mail address and I'll forward it too you or you could e-mail them.