memory card problem w/ 4slot

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
When I start up my cab and have the memory card in the slot it says "memory card error" and then when I put it in after the game is on and try to save, it says "memory card cannot be formatted"....

what is the problem ?

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
So I pop it in my japanese AES and I go to save kof 95 just to test it and something in japanese comes up after I press YES to save....and of course I can't read it but I see an A and a B...so, I press "A" and it says "SAVE OK"...

what did I do?

Also, I went back outside and get the same thing...

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
tried the card on my other cab and it started up fine. Then tried another card on the cab that wasn't working and got the same error.

leads me to think my mem card reader is broken....

any other opinions?

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I have a feeling it may be a Bios Chip Issue..(((?)))..(Japanese formatted Memory Card trying to save a US settings game..

What Bios chip does the other Candy have in it...?the one that the card is not working in..

I'm figuring you have a:
Japanese AES
Japanese MVS mobo(that the card works in)(or UNI Bios Chip set to Jap)
US MVS mobo.. (that the card doesn't work in)

Shoot bro in all this time we've known each other you'd think I'd know by now what MVS mobo's you have.. :p

Otherwise..check the pins on the mem reader...See if any pins are broken off or bent/Blow out any dust..

What I think you have to do is re-format the card to work in the mobo that you are going to use it in..
Problem is:if that mobo doesn't read it and you don't have another of the same bios mobo it may not be possible.
I may be totally wrong on this..
I figure if you re-format the card in a Japanese AES or Japanesre MVS it'll be formatted to read Japanese only..

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I guess you could take the reader pcb out and see if it works on the other cab to determine if it's the reader pcb itself..
Make sure the Cables are all the way in on the mobo..

They seem to click in a bit more on my smaller 4 slot mobo in the candy..It may be just that it's a bitch to get me hands in there to do it too.... :D

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
^^it works fine on my other 4 slot and my AES...both japanese bios...

I guess I can try sending it to someone to format for me...

not sure what else to do...

I have a friend with an aes with unibios....could he go in via US mode and format it for me? Please take it that I know very little about the Unibios.

dogtoy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Does it work if you take the mv-ic board from the 4-slot it works in out and put in the mv-ic from the 4-slot it doesn't work in?? If it does work then you will know it is not related to your mv-ic board and may be bios related.

Last edited:

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
NGT said:
I have a friend with an aes with unibios....could he go in via US mode and format it for me?

I believe so, but you should be able to do it on your mvs set up

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
ttooddddyy said:
I believe so, but you should be able to do it on your mvs set up

I tried booting it up with the p1 a,b,c, and d buttons held down and I get the memory card error across the screen. It doesn't go past that with a card in the reader.

any suggestions?

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
the fact it works on the other board set would confirm the card itself is OK, are any of the pins in the socket bent.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
ttooddddyy said:
the fact it works on the other board set would confirm the card itself is OK, are any of the pins in the socket bent.

Feeling stupid....

I went down to the corner store and picked up some batteries for my flashlight. I look into the slot and there's a pin smashed up to the top. I used a jewelry file to bend it back into place and plugged the card in......Tested OK :D

thanks for all the help guys!

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
NGT said:
Feeling stupid....

I went down to the corner store and picked up some batteries for my flashlight. I look into the slot and there's a pin smashed up to the top. I used a jewelry file to bend it back into place and plugged the card in......Tested OK :D

thanks for all the help guys!

Goooood Going... :buttrock: