Does anyone collect all 3 NG platforms?

Mystic_flame

Zero's Tailor
I am kind of curious if anyone collects AES, MVS and CD. When I say collect I mean does anyone buy everything without any real exclustions? I am thinking about getting into CD...I am playing with a Phantom right now and its cheaper than AES, but the feel is a bit different.

dogtoy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
You forgot Neo Geo Pocket and Hyper Neo 64, for a grand total of 5 Neo Geo systems. Why would anyone want to collect all three original NG systems?? I could understand maybe MVS and AES, especially if you had a phantom converter, only real reason I could see for CD is that it's cheaper than AES.

For me it's handsdown MVS, cheaper than AES (mostly), same games...blah blah blah it's been said before. The lack of fancy packaging for MVS compared to AES doesn't bother me, I buy the games to play.

Pocket is good for on the go, I wish it had a backlight. I never use mine for anything but puzzle bobble.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
dogtoy said:
Pocket is good for on the go, I wish it had a backlight. I never use mine for anything but puzzle bobble.

I'm so sorry. There are so many good games on the Pocket your missing.

On topic, I buy for Pocket, Hyper, NGH, and MVS. No CD for me.

Seppukumaru

New Challenger
Neo CD isn't really worth it; the loading times are obscene for many games (literally a minute or two) and some games seem to be missing animation (Gekka no Kenshi Bakumatsu no Rouman/Last Blade 2 comes to mind.)

The Hyper has a few decent games, and I agree about the NGP; I don't even like handheld systems, but it has some very good stuff for it.

jindo

Sakura's Bank Manager
Used to collect all 3 platforms :make_fac: .... but now only into AES and MVS. :eye::eye:

dogtoy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
The_Chosen_One said:
I'm so sorry. There are so many good games on the Pocket your missing.

I have other games, SVC: MOTM, the 2nd samurai showdown game, metal slug, etc.

I'm just a huge puzzle bobble freak. I play all the time. I play puzzle bobble on my dreamcast, psx, ps2, 3DO, GBC, GBA, MVS, even on my LG vx4400 cell phone. Gotta love the Puzzle De Pon, too. Has puzzle de pon ever been ported to anything but neo hardware(mvs, aes, cd, and pocket) ??

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
Jeez man!..i would love to be able to afford and collect for all the ng platforms...but AES collecting is burning some BIG holes in my damn pockets :(

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Pure gameplay has to be MVS all the way because of the price of the games compared to AES.

Last edited:

pretas

Marked Wolf
i collect 3 of the neo system.

as we all know some games were exclusive to or version or ther other. i have my cd for crossed swords 2 and samurai spiris rpg, while i have my mvs for neo mr. do and chepaer copies of metal slug. and i have my aes too.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
NGCD has a few nice extras, but not quite enough to really catch my interest, and of course no loading times is one of the reasons why I love MVS/AES so much.

redrum666

Mai's Apprentice
I collect cd, mvs, aes, and pocket i like the cd cuz some games on aes and even the mvs the prices are a little high

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
unfortuneatly i dont collect any of the Neo systems but im "just starting" to get into AES this year ...bit late but oh well lol

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
I have games for all 5 platforms, but I'm only serious about AES at the moment. Hyper64 there are only 4 games you really need. Unless you're a completionist it doesn't take long to get the best stuff on NGPC. I have 4 Neo CDs just for emulation tests. There are quite a few MVS carts, but they are mostly stuff that's simply too expensive on AES like Pulstar and Metal Slug. The rest is AES.

Now, if you want to get insane, expand the categories to all 5 systems, OSTs, ASTs, and mooks. I have stuff for the games I really like, but there are some sick cats out there who have collections across the board.

xamot13

The Ultimate 11
Mostly MVS and NGPC. My brother in law does the NG CD so I'll play his once in a while just for the AST's. I've owned all but the Hyper-64 at one point or another over the last 12 years.