hows Silpheed: The Lost Planet for PS2?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
It's worth about $6.........

No gem... But it doesn't completely suck.

SSS

neo retired
For six bucks? Hell yeah. Game's alright. Decent shooter, beautiful FMV. Noting really crazy or innovative about it. I'm not a big fan of it's vertical semi-isometric angle though.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
FUCK THAT!

I paid 3.87 for my copy shipped

it wasn't worth anymore, trust me

biggest complaints:

-no superweapon/bomb

-big hit box

-slooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwww ship

beautiful graphics though, and the weapons aren't bad either

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I was a stupid idiot for buying it new the day it came out. So dissapointing.

Not even worth 6 dollars. You can put that kind of money on food.

gmw

Mai's Apprentice
Maybe I'm the only who LOVED it. Atmosphere, style, everything. Great game. For $6?

YES.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
gmw said:
Maybe I'm the only who LOVED it. Atmosphere, style, everything. Great game. For $6?

YES.

I think KA is a fan also

:annoyed:

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
It's just such a slow paced shooter. There are times when you're just flying through the level without an enemy in sight for what seems forever. The sad thing is, the game really starts to pick up and your weaponry gets more interesting towards the very end.

For $6... give it a shot. If you don't like it, it's $6. Who gives a shit?

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I bought it when it released for $50. Traded it in after awhile, then just bought another copy for $7 at Gamestop.

If you don't get your expectations up too high, you'll get your $6 worth. Probably not one that Treasure's proud to be associated with, I'd guess.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
I loved the MegaCD version, at that time it was totally breathtaking. The PS2 one was at least OK, I say it's worth the 6$.

barf

Maxima's Barber
I loved the PS2 version too... ho well i guess i am just crazy... I was so much amazed by the twist near the end and the anthologic final boss (well, if you played the megacd one you know what i mean).

subcons

realgameplay said:
Treasure right?

They had something to do with it. But let's face it, everything Treasure does isn't automatically great. But when they do it right, they do it right.

Rade K

20 Year Member
subcons said:
They had something to do with it. But let's face it, everything Treasure does isn't automatically great. But when they do it right, they do it right.

Treasure is an unpredictable joy. Even in their failures, I find something to appreciate.

As much as I don't like Silpheed, it still cool just because it's a Treasure game. That's the kind of cache Treasure has.

subcons

Rade Kuruc said:
Treasure is an unpredictable joy. Even in their failures, I find something to appreciate.

As much as I don't like Silpheed, it still cool just because it's a Treasure game. That's the kind of cache Treasure has.

There may be a bit of truth in that. Stretch Panic sucked as a game, but the idea and visuals were interesting to say the least.

But let's face it, Gaurdian Heroes Advance was a pile of shit. I found nothing redeemble from what I played of that game. It's like they took all the love and put it into Astroboy and said fuck GH. But I guess if that's what it took to make Astroboy as good as it is, that's fine.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Silpheed TLP is fucking awesome. QUITE the throwback to a time when games were for MEN and not anime-loving faggots.

Definitely a slower shooter ... but high production values and a great atmosphere [especially the last 2 missions...if you haven't played through them, shut up] make this game killer --- to this day.

People who don't like it should stick to DDR or whatever gets their rocks off. Dorks. Later.

Baseley09

Hair Group,
I'm suprised at the mixed views, particularly those that think it sucks. I think itsa pretty great, it may not be the most sublime shooter ever, but the overall production is amazing. Them fmv's are still swoon worthy.

Buy that shit up!

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
subcons said:
Ha. I always wanted to play that game. How was it? Looked terrible.

McDonald Treasure Land Adventure was actually quite a decent game. Rare, but not worth much.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
I enjoyed it a bit...

Ship is a little too slow for my taste, but still not bad enough like other
games (Ex: Ghost Pilots). Game is too easy to 1cc on normal mode, and
the weapon system is 'somewhat' ok. FMV and graphics are cool. Worth $6 for
sure.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I like it slightly more than psyivirar II.....

Both go in the sittin on the shelf bin/

Rade K

20 Year Member
realgameplay said:
Maccy d's any1 :lol:

It's obviously made for children, but when it comes to McDonalds games, its the best one, especially compared to Global Gladiators.

1993 man. 1993.