Neo AES market ?

crazycanuck

Crossed Swords Squire
Hi Neo-Fans,

How do you think the market will fluctuate over the next few years ? Do the value will be steady, go down or go up ???

Personnally, I think it will stay quite steady and even go a little up as games are beginning to belong only to private people, stores stocks will be decreasing more and more and it will be even harder to find lots of neo carts in the close future. And as neo fans will hardly sold their collections, I don't really see the AES market collapse.

What do you guys think ?

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
I think in two years everyone's AES will self destruct. And all of the AES catridges in the world will grow hands and feet, and the little catridges will take over the world.

snknutballz6

Banned
zapatistab said:
I think in two years everyone's AES will self destruct. And all of the AES catridges in the world will grow hands and feet, and the little catridges will take over the world.

I think if people cut back on hard drugs the games might get cheaper.

mark-art

NEST Puppet
Heres hoping it goes to shit and peoples collections become worth next to nothing, cause that crap doesn't matter anyway. Then I can score a copy of MOTW and LB2, and perhaps some slug games. Just waiting for the crash....

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
In one word yes! I believe it is going to be just like the comic book industry, and only those super rare gems will keep their current value.

snknutballz6

Banned
mark-art said:
Heres hoping it goes to shit and peoples collections become worth next to nothing, cause that crap doesn't matter anyway.

CHARMING!
I bet you're fun at parties.

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
Heh heh...,Well i don't think the value of NGH will go up in value that much.. mabe the rarer titles will become even more desirable...& people will try & outbid each other on them in order to obtain them & complete their collections...some titles are indeed high..but i cannot ever see a euro ms1 or NTM or other rare titles dropping in value anytime soon

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
mark-art said:
Heres hoping it goes to shit and peoples collections become worth next to nothing, cause that crap doesn't matter anyway. Then I can score a copy of MOTW and LB2, and perhaps some slug games. Just waiting for the crash....

Go MVS and quit bitching

mark-art

NEST Puppet
Seriously though, 1k for a rare game? I'm all for collecting shit, cause hell, its fun. But honestly, for a game. Now I know some people hold this stuff near and dear to them, and thats cool, to each his own. But it does suck getting raped by your own hobby. And I won't go mvs... the carts are teh pretty!!

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
mark-art said:
Seriously though, 1k for a rare game? I'm all for collecting shit, cause hell, its fun. But honestly, for a game. Now I know some people hold this stuff near and dear to them, and thats cool, to each his own. But it does suck getting raped by your own hobby. And I won't go mvs... the carts are teh pretty!!

http://classic-shock.1emulation.com/

snknutballz6

Banned
mark-art said:

You could get conversions for metal slug for 1/10th of the price, it'll be the same thing just cheaper and only worth what you paid, you could still have pretty artwork.

mark-art

NEST Puppet
snknutballz6 said:
You could get conversions for metal slug for 1/10th of the price, it'll be the same thing just cheaper and only worth what you paid, you could still have pretty artwork.

very true.....

pixeljunkie- There is alot of cool stuff out there like the link you posted. Most of the shockbox/insert stuff I'm just plain to lazy to deal with. But NeoCverA does do some really nice stuff.

Neo Gold

mark-art said:
Yes i know...it sucks Big time :( ...i could never have imagined in the early 90's any neo game would sell for so much! :kekeke:
Trouble now is im very much a collector and its inevitable when i locate an ms1 or NTM...its gonna burn man!!
Btw....its ironic that you can pick up an mvs ms1 for next to nothing....& they are plentyful, jeez back in 96 when ms1 was released in the home i remember seeing it for around £200...!!! i was two busy with my playstation...& that aint worth squat now!.

snknutballz6

Banned
It is worth reminding yourself the actual chips in an MVS cart are the same as an AES,a conversion could be the same quality as the genuine product, so in reality metal slug is not rare,the chips inside are not rare, the plastic case is not rare, so what is rare about it exactly? just the genuine manufacture!
The actual components are everywhere.

Neo Gold

snknutballz6 said:
It is worth reminding yourself the actual chips in an MVS cart are the same as an AES,a conversion could be the same quality as the genuine product, so in reality metal slug is not rare,the chips inside are not rare, the plastic case is not rare, so what is rare about it exactly? just the genuine manufacture!
Its so rare as to say that i have never seen a euro version for sale ever!!! a GENUINE one that is....seen a few jap pieces floating around...that is dear too!!
Of course a conversion plays & looks identical...but thats not the point is it?,people want the real deal.

mark-art

NEST Puppet
snknutballz6 said:

For someone like myself conversions are definately the better route. I'm not into neo for the collecting aspect, so it is all the same to me.

Neo Gold

mark-art said:
For someone like myself conversions are definately the better route. I'm not into neo for the collecting aspect, so it is all the same to me.
And you could buy an MVS unit and ALL the slugs AND still have change left over for a night on the town!!!!! rather than buy one euro MS1.... :D

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
mark-art said:

Same as me. If I want a game that's a $1k cart, I'll do a conversion. Simple as.

Personally I hope the market crashes, all these elitist collectors will then be cryin their poor lil eyes out :D

Neo Gold

Superfamifreak said:
Same as me. If I want a game that's a $1k cart, I'll do a conversion. Simple as.

Personally I hope the market crashes, all these elitist collectors will then be cryin their poor lil eyes out :D
Yes i understand that bud... but i have a few 'special' carts myself... but only the titles that were not released for NGH :D ...i.e...ghostlop, tomaday etc.
Market crash ??...i feel the same way...mabe then i can get that ms1 & NTM!!! :kekeke:

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
NEO GOLD said:
Yes i understand that bud... but i have a few 'special' carts myself... but only the titles that were not released for NGH :D ...i.e...ghostlop, tomaday etc.
Market crash ??...i feel the same way...mabe then i can get that ms1 & NTM!!! :kekeke:

Yeah, all my conversions are non AES releases, except for Magical Drop 2, which was a test conversion and only cost me $33 in parts.

snknutballz6

Banned
I think the most i have paid for a genuine AES cart is £100 and that was for sengoku 2 US, and i have about 30 games, i have paid more for some AES over MVS but in some cases it has been cheaper, i managed to bag myself a MINT unopened copy of magician lord for £22 inc P+P, you cant even do that for a second hand copy of a MVS one, i also got sengoku mint unopened for about the same price.

Obviously some games are impossible to get cheap.

Neo Gold

Superfamifreak said:
Yeah, all my conversions are non AES releases, except for Magical Drop 2, which was a test conversion and only cost me $33 in parts.
How do you rate Neo mr. do! ?....is it worth getting hold off ??

Last edited:

Mystic_flame

Zero's Tailor
I dont think there will be a market crash. The market is regulated properly. One person gets out while 2-3 come in. They dont all come to NG.com because they dont know about this place yet. As a matter of fact I think the market will slowly dry out and the values of the games will go up even more.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
i dont think there will be a market crash at all i mean sure the carts will get rarer over time and all but theres such a big fan base for the Neo with odler gamers that the Neo market will only die if people forget About it and get rid of arcades