Need Help with my Cab Lock

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Can anyone help me with my Cabinet lock. Is there a way i can fix it? Basically it either went out of allignment or something as it allowed me to eject my key but now its not centered with the slot (so my key will not fit into the lock now)

how can I fix this?

Last edited:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I have the real key and the lock for that key, for some reason the cam is out of line with the entry slot so now my key will not fit into the lock to move it.

Im not trying to break into the damn thing, its my cabinet and the door isnt even on the cab at this point. I need to know if there is a way to get the lock mechanism back in line so i can insert my key again and lock up the door.

its one of those round keys with slots (radial cam?)

Last edited:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
PIC Added

captff-003.jpg

Excuse the shit quality but you can see what im talkin about. The slits need to be alligned in order for me to even get my key in the lock. Any Ideas?

Dont mention a drill since i have the door off the cabinet, i can easily remove the entire lock (Id still like to think theres a way to get it alligned again)

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I'd try to move it back to center with a screw driver or something,,I think it's in the middle of being locked and unlocked so it may move back to center easily..

My Candy cab has several locks like this..with two different keys..(same locks but they need two different keys)..One key has the aligning part on it and the other key doesn't.
If you can get a second key with no top aligning part on it,then try and use it to straighten the lock.

I can't suggest to break that part off your key because it may be need to open the lock..(though that would be the first thing I'd think to do..

Can you get the lock apart from the back..?

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
chris1 said:
Can you get the lock apart from the back..?

Ill take a look at my other keys as you suggested...

Yeah I have access to the back part of the lock.

I have to go to work now but Ill mess with it when i get back.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
NeoCverA said:
Ill take a look at my other keys as you suggested...

Yeah I have access to the back part of the lock.

I have to go to work now but Ill mess with it when i get back.

Cool..LMK..

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Well i have 3 other keys but they all have that notch on the end so they will not fit into the keyhole.

I used a screwdriver to move it back into place but it wont budge......

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
NeoCverA said:
Well i have 3 other keys but they all have that notch on the end so they will not fit into the keyhole.

I used a screwdriver to move it back into place but it wont budge......

I guess your next step would be to take it apart from the back..then the tumbler should slide out the front..

I haven't taken one apart yet..