Japanese Arcade Stools (pic inside)

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I haven't actively been hunting down these seats but its something I wouldnt mind having. I like the steel legs and wide padded seating they offer (me a big boy) :kekeke:

I was wondering if anyone has seen these at any US retailers? I wouldn't mind grabbing a few.

thesestools.jpg

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I too would like to know where to grab a few of these. I bought some little stools at Target, that work perfectly, but those look a little bit more padded.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
pixeljunkie said:
I too would like to know where to grab a few of these. I bought some little stools at Target, that work perfectly, but those look a little bit more padded.

was it those 9.99 black foldable deals? I got one, after 2mins or so the padding is vaporized, lol.

I need more pad powah!

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
NeoCverA said:
was it those 9.99 black foldable deals? I got one, after 2mins or so the padding is vaporized, lol.

I need more pad powah!

hahaha yes....and YES. They make another version with a back on it thats not bad either...but the padding is worthless.

Mr-Megalo

Morden's Lackey
to my knowledge, killercabs in the UK are getting some stools in from japan

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Heh, forget that shit. Get something with back support people... you'll regret it later if you don't.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
y u need back support? i was always hunched over if im sitting at a cab. u want an arcade lay Z boy or something?

if i ever habe another cab i would want get a couple red stools from happ to match a us cab. $52 each or you could get em with back rests for $92 each. however i know i will simply use a lawn chair or something like usual. :envy:

26151510_color.jpg

sven666

War Room Troll
IKEA have perfect sit-down-cab stools.. i forgot the name of them tho.. cheap as hell anyway under $10 :cool:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
sven666 said:
IKEA have perfect sit-down-cab stools.. i forgot the name of them tho.. cheap as hell anyway under $10 :cool:

I checked the site and didnt come across anything that would be suitable.......do you have a link to it?

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
those look like foot stools. check ikea or pier one.

when i had my sit down cab, I took two wooden bar stools, made seat cushions for them and chopped the legs off a bit so you were even level with the machine, worked great.

mightygstyper

New Challenger
I think milk crates are the best way to go. They do make your ass feel numb after a minute but there still so cool. For some reason they gimmie that true authintic(sp?) arcade feeling. If I could figure out how to post up pics here I'll post up a pick of my cabs and the milk crates.

sven666

War Room Troll
datalogik said:
It look's fragile.

It could be a problem for bigger people.

my friend is about 1.80 tall and wheigs about 90kgs and it holds him without problems... (yeah well hes big compared to me!!)

(tho i guess the american standard might be sliiiightly bigger :make_fac: )

Last edited:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
sven666 said:
my friend is about 1.80 tall and wheigs about 90kgs and it holds him without problems...

(tho i guess the american standard might be sliiiightly bigger :make_fac: )

Yeah im a big boy too, I saw that stool and passed right away. I'd probably bend the legs and get stabbed up my crack.

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
NeoCverA said:
I haven't actively been hunting down these seats but its something I wouldnt mind having. I like the steel legs and wide padded seating they offer (me a big boy) :kekeke:

I was wondering if anyone has seen these at any US retailers? I wouldn't mind grabbing a few.

thesestools.jpg

Seeing those ashtrays on those cabs make me sad. :crying:

firebomber

Astra Superstar
neo_X7 said:
Seeing those ashtrays on those cabs make me sad. :crying:
I've been to a lot of arcades thus far in Japan and I've never once seen a cigg burn on a control panel. I definately cannot say the same for the States.
Better they use an ash tray to hold it than balance it on the start button and other stupid shit like I've seen in the states.

Sometimes places will have these awesome stools that are about twice as wide as those in the picture :drool_2:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Mystic_flame said:
How much does one of those stools sell for? :smirk:

heh, that was sort of the point of this thread. How much but more importantly, WHERE can we get one?

Or perhaps just the input (as this threads been getting) about other seating solutions for Candy Cab owners.

I personally want an all-in-one solution not something like Buying a stool then some big ass pillow to put on it. I want it all together and ready to go.

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
What about these?
http://www.himuragames.com/store_chairs.php
tn_chair_blk.gif
tn_chair_red.gif

firebomber said:
I've been to a lot of arcades thus far in Japan and I've never once seen a cigg burn on a control panel. I definately cannot say the same for the States.
Better they use an ash tray to hold it than balance it on the start button and other stupid shit like I've seen in the states.

True, I like how they nailed ashtrays to the side of cabinets in the 80's. ":eek_2:"

Last edited: