Lookin' to pick up ProGear for CPS2...

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
How much cash should I be looking to blow on this puppy? I went over to G-Front in Akihabara and they had it with original marquee and movesheets for about $340US. Sounds like a chunk of cash to me, but I really want the game. Is this a bad price? Of course, I am talking about the Green Japanese board. Thanks in advance guys. :)

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Sound about the going price for it...
Anyway, remember you can try TEH ROMZ of it before you buy. I did and I think it is a great game, but definately not worth its price tag, at least for me.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Amano Jacu said:
Sound about the going price for it...
Anyway, remember you can try TEH ROMZ of it before you buy. I did and I think it is a great game, but definately not worth its price tag, at least for me.

Yeah, I've been playing the ROM all morning (am I allowed to say that now?), and I am almost as happy that Cave made a horizontal shooter as I am excited that it is on the CPS2. I have always been a big fan of horizontal shooters, and this baby would go perfect with my Capcom Impress :drool:

impress2

Robert

20 Year Member
ResOGlas said:
I've been playing the ROM all morning (am I allowed to say that now?)

I think the whole story of this board has been told with this little sentence, glad to see you back ResOGlas.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
ResOGlas said:
How much cash should I be looking to blow on this puppy? I went over to G-Front in Akihabara and they had it with original marquee and movesheets for about $340US. Sounds like a chunk of cash to me, but I really want the game. Is this a bad price? Of course, I am talking about the Green Japanese board. Thanks in advance guys. :)

Sounds about right for a Pro-Gear PCB with some artwork. It's worth it, trust me.
Oh, and congrats on getting IMPRESSED ;)

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Did ProGear ever make it to any console ?
Shit, I need to break down and finaly buy a supergun.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Abasuto said:

No portage.

BIG

sony fanboy
Abasuto said:

What you need to do is to break yourself and pay me for these fukkin posters,it's been what? 2-3 months now?

Whatever happend to that MO you supposedly sent out for the posters? I'm almost sure that you never sent shit to begin with.

On Topic:

$340 seems to be a fair price for Pro-Gear w/original extras. Does it come with an A-board,or is it just the B-board by itself?

BIG-

Last edited:

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Bigp0ppaLarge said:
What you need to do is to break yourself and pay me for these fukkin posters,it's been what? 2-3 months now?

Whatever happend to that MO you supposedly sent out for the posters? I'm almost sure that you never sent shit to begin with.

On Topic:

$340 seems to be a fair price for Pro-Gear w/original extras. Does it come with an A-board,or is it just the B-board by itself?

BIG-

Hahaha, your post really made me laugh as I read through this thread. I'd watch out Absuto, I've seen BigPsyche kill an elderly woman with a plastic spoon just for lookin' at him wrong. Anyway, it's just the B-board by itself. That doesn't really matter to me, but I understand that's it's always a nice bonus to get a free A-board. Oh yeah, Big, shoot me a PM with any odd items you want me to hunt for. I'll be here until late April. Peace-

BIG

sony fanboy
ResOGlas said:
Hahaha, your post really made me laugh as I read through this thread. I'd watch out Absuto, I've seen BigPsyche kill an elderly woman with a plastic spoon just for lookin' at him wrong. Anyway, it's just the B-board by itself. That doesn't really matter to me, but I understand that's it's always a nice bonus to get a free A-board. Oh yeah, Big, shoot me a PM with any odd items you want me to hunt for. I'll be here until late April. Peace-

Shhhhh..I told you not to say shit.;)

I hope you're enjoying your stay in Japan. I'll shoot you a PM shortly.

BIG-

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Abasuto said:

No console port (other than ROMZ in the xbox).

Well, to go back on topic, as I and other people said that's quite a fair price for this game, according to the market. An A board can be had for cheap (it's not a significant amount compared to this game's) and I'm sure he already has many.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Bigp0ppaLarge said:

M/O was sent; you never got it. If you don't believe it was sent, then that's out of my control. Check my feedback ("quick payment" seems to be a common phrase in it ) or anyone I've ever delt with ( 3k+ to JPG in the last 4-6 months alone ).

On topic, I'm clueless on PCB / Supergun shit. If I had a SG that was built to mostly use for a MVS, would the ProGear PCB work as is or would an extra harness/adaptor of sorts be needed ?

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I payed 4 hundo for a full kit, so I'd say $340 is good shit.

ANd the super gun for the MVS would also play the Progear board.

BIG

sony fanboy
Spike said:
I payed 4 hundo for a full kit, so I'd say $340 is good shit.

ANd the super gun for the MVS would also play the Progear board.

So,you did get a full kit!

Pics pleaze..:drool_2:

BIG-

BIG

sony fanboy
Abasuto said:
M/O was sent; you never got it. If you don't believe it was sent, then that's out of my control. Check my feedback ("quick payment" seems to be a common phrase in it ) or anyone I've ever delt with ( 3k+ to JPG in the last 4-6 months alone ).

Okay....

You supposedly sent a M/O the first time and it got lost..understandable,but sending another and losing it yet again is questionable.

I'm still here and the posters are still here,care to finish up this deal,then? I sent you a few PM's over a month ago,and they were shot down and ignored,so what's your excuse for that?

BIG-

Last edited:

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
If you buy the ProGear board I'd definitely spend the small amount to get it suicide free too. $340 sounds like a good price.

Seems that only 13 US versions were produced of it and the price is $$$.

BIG

sony fanboy
D-Lite said:

They were made to order,what did you expect?

BIG-

Kiel

20 Year Member
Bigp0ppaLarge said:
So,you did get a full kit!

Pics pleaze..:drool_2:

BIG-

Everything but the cardboard box....

And Dean you still up for changing the battery in mine???

Kiel

20 Year Member
D-Lite said:

You sure? I got offered 2 when I was looking for my JPN board.

Pics sent.

BIG

sony fanboy
Spike said:
You sure? I got offered 2 when I was looking for my JPN board.

Don't believe the hype,I'm sure there are quite a few of them out there.

Besides,the US version is an inferior port of the Jp version,anyway.

BIG-

Segata_Sanshiro

Tesse's Maintainence Man
15 Year Member

You could if you've still got it scan the 'Customer's Reciept' portion of the money order. That would at least prove you purchased it. They have dates on em too so it'd be definite proof.

From my experience with the roms, the JPN version of Progear is the better, and apparently cheaper way to go. The US version lacks the speech at the end of the levels and I think the default difficulty was changed, not sure. I read the number of US boards produced was 30, not 13, but that was just on a messageboard :p

I'll definitely be looking to get Progear at some point in the future since it's one of my favourites in mame at this point. First I need to find an RGB supergun with psx inputs for my arcade stick...

BIG

sony fanboy
Segata_Sanshiro said:
You could if you've still got it scan the 'Customer's Reciept' portion of the money order. That would at least prove you purchased it. They have dates on em too so it'd be definite proof.

From my experience with the roms, the JPN version of Progear is the better, and apparently cheaper way to go. The US version lacks the speech at the end of the levels and I think the default difficulty was changed, not sure. I read the number of US boards produced was 30, not 13, but that was just on a messageboard :p

I'll definitely be looking to get Progear at some point in the future since it's one of my favourites in mame at this point. First I need to find an RGB supergun with psx inputs for my arcade stick...

Yep,Jp version is the way to go. BTW,the US version doesn't have any of the speech/voices found in the JP version....what a rip.

BIG-

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Segata_Sanshiro said:
First I need to find an RGB supergun with psx inputs for my arcade stick...

A supergun with PSX inputs is going to be hard to find/make, better get a regular one and mod the PSX stick to work with it. Or try the PSX->Neo adapters, although they have some trouble working with superguns.

BTW, Progear is totally JAMMA and only uses 2 buttons so any supergun should be able to play it.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
So there are on 30 US blue-boards known? Damn, I'm such a sucker from a collectors aspect... Anybody want to trade for a blue for a green? ;)