BUYING NEOGEO AES

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Hey
i just wanted to know how much are Neo AES consoles with their original box,calbes,manuals,controller usually worth?
as i soon i will be buying a neo AES system for the first time :D

and is a low serial better? what are the differences between higher and low serials

thanks

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
$300 is a good ballpark figure for a boxed AES. The lower serial numbers had better RGB output / weaker composite. Where as the higher serial numbers had better composite / weaker RGB. Also get a JP version so you can see red blood. ( US version = green blood )

mark-art

NEST Puppet
300 is about right. I got mine w/ box and matching serials, all original cables and such for 299. Check out JGN, ryan has lots of systems that can fit your budget. Top notch seller.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Thanks for that information thats gonna help me out quite a bit
what is JGN?

thanks

mark-art

NEST Puppet
JGN= JapanGamesNow. Its ryans site/store. All he sells is neo stuff, and he has really fair prices. I've bought all my stuff through him. Really fast service. Absolute pleasure to deal with. I would suggest the neostore, but theres still been problems with international buyers for whatever reason, so I'll definately reccomend ryan. But check with people around here in the selling forums, theres always stuff going up.
Best of luck.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
yeah i visited www.japangamesnow.com and i had a look at the rpices for Neo AES systems and well no offence or anything but the prices arent all that great for 199 USD i can get a system with a box,manual,all cables,controller and thats on ebay but at JGN its 199USD for a system by its self and one of those PRO controllers wich i dont really...like so i guess eBay is gonna be my friend seeing as i can get carts and systems for a decent price with everything i need

mark-art

NEST Puppet
Hey man, no offense taken. You can find some good deals on ebay, but sometimes product descriptions are decieving as far as condition goes. Ryan is really honest with his descriptions and more often than not, the products he sells are better than what he describes them. There are definately better deals out there, i'm sure, but if you don't want to hassle with ebay, cause i don't, JGN is great. Good luck with the purchase.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
yah thanks man

i should have mine in a month or something

Mystic_flame

Zero's Tailor
Mark-art is right. If youre only buying a neo geo to play it then you should go to ebay. Nothing on ebay is AS ADVERTISED. MINT normally means it looks uglier than ugly. B condition or Very good normally means you get a working system. If it breaks then tough shit. Lately there has been a lot of FREAKED and Converted AES carts out there. Ebay really doesnt care if you get one of those. All they care about is the percent they are cutting off the seller. They already pubically announced it 2 months ago when they raised fees to please stockholders...

JGN has free returns on defective items and offer a 90 day warranty. You might be paying a bit more, but you are guaranteed to get what is described. Its ultimately your money so you do what you need to do.

Edit...One last thing...add $100 shipping to your $199 system. Remember to read the fine print. The shipping will bite you in the ass.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
lol dude have u noticed that im from australia
so lets says a system thats "mint" from JGN is about 499 USD so thats like 627 AUD and not including the shipping so its very expensive for me to buy a Neo from JGN but eBay does kinda have that insecurity about what your really getting but overall its cheaper to get a neo from eBay and not all people who sell Neo's are going to be bastards and sell non working or seriously damaged neo's so well i dunno i guess ill have to think about wether i want to spend about 700 aud on a neo when i can spend 400 aud for a fully boxes neo Inc shipping so i dunno
but im not saying Mark-art is wrong or anything coz JGN is a good place for a neo

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Mystic_flame said:
Edit...One last thing...add $100 shipping to your $199 system. Remember to read the fine print. The shipping will bite you in the ass.

I hate that shit. Find a game at a good price then see they want $25+ to ship a single cart.

pretas

Marked Wolf
i gotta chime in here, these other two posters are right, go with jgn.

a while back i was being a cheap bastard and thought i'd get a "deal" on ebay once with a "cheap" game. i bought one from a seller in japan and the guy said it was "b" condition. i took that to mean pretty nice. because i think his english was weak, i don't think he was able to relay the condition. i got the game and it was not mint, not even close. furthermore it would reset all of the time for no reason and when i e-mail them about that, they said they take it back and refund me. sounds like a good deal right? NOT A CHANCE!!! I had to pay the $30 to ship it back to Japan and my refund did not include my return shipping cost or the $30 i paid to have it shipped to me. it was a kof97 i paid $90 for the game and $30 for shipping making for $120 and i ended up losing my ass. think about it $60 worth of shipping later, i got a $90 refund making for a $30 "net profit". that sucked.

it's not worth trying to save a few buck when you might not be saving any money and will not get good customer service when a problem arised. this is not like collection super nintendo where a dead or poor condition $5 game is no big deal.

buy from a store, don't waste your time with eBay sellers. and yeah, i too recommend jgn.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
lol man why would it be the carts problem if it resets or not its the console making a decent connection with the cart and plus ive heard many consoles resetting simply beacause u jumped on the floor so i dunno and plus for 450 AUD ocan get a Neo system with 3 games boxed and all so... i dunno i dont really wanna pay 700 dollars for a single system im not in the USA so things cost more for me...
ive bought things off of eBay and i do trust it quite a bit

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
The phrase " if it's too good to be true, it probably is" applies to eBay hardcore. You might to throw up a thread in the Wanted forum to see if any Aussie members have one for sale.

pretas

Marked Wolf
lachlan said:
lol man why would it be the carts problem if it resets or not its the console making a decent connection with the cart and plus ive heard many consoles resetting simply beacause u jumped on the floor so i dunno and plus for 450 AUD ocan get a Neo system with 3 games boxed and all so... i dunno i dont really wanna pay 700 dollars for a single system im not in the USA so things cost more for me...
ive bought things off of eBay and i do trust it quite a bit

what are oyu talking about you could get a system and 3 games for $350 or so shipped to you from the USA.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
lol the thing is the price "450 AUD" inc shipping for an old system with 3 games isnt "too good to be true" and by the way i want a boxed system not the system its self with some shotty PRO controller from JGN

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
lachlan said:
lol the thing is the price "450 AUD" inc shipping for an old system with 3 games isnt "too good to be true" and by the way i want a boxed system not the system its self with some shotty PRO controller from JGN

Why do you always use "LOL" in the beginning of each post?
Sometimes you laugh because it's funny, sometimes you laugh because you're stupid. :buttrock:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
haha man i dunno i always say "LOL" its like involentary typing lol OH there it goes again! :lol: ....man why would u even care pfft