Raiden Project for PS1 appreciation thread

wookiewombat

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Damn this game rocked! this was a launch PS1 title wasnt it? i remember playing this game soo much back in the day and now it goes for like $50! fuck that, i just wanna play this game again to bring back memories :(

Mad Mage

Edo Express Delivery Guy
20 Year Member
Someone traded this into the local game store I used to work at. I gave him a buck credit for it and took it home for myself.

I can't get into it. It's too hard and fast-paced. I can appreciate it for what it is though. Plus the larger box is kinda cool (the only other big-boxed PS1 game I have is Philosoma).

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
It has raiden 2 & IMO thats the best vertical shooter ever made.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
I still pester my cousin to this day about giving it to me, he doesn't like shumps but just cause I want it he wants to be a dick about giving it to me.

How I missed it when it first came out is beyond me

BIG

sony fanboy
Raiden Project is definitely awesome.

A classic title that every shmups fan should have in his/her collection.

Don't let the price of the domestic release get you down. An import copy can be had at just about half the cost,if not less.

BIG-

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
realgameplay said:
It has raiden 2 & IMO thats the best vertical shooter ever made.

Seconded - I've spent more time playing this shooter than all other shooters combined. This game is wonderful in both 1 and 2P modes.

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
I bought Raiden Project and Raiden II is the first one that got me into shmups. I pure memory.

One of the best shmups I played.

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
The re-mixed music is also class.

dakingofzumunda

Robert Garcia's Butler
One of the first titles I played back in 96 when I finally got my hands on a PS. I didn't know too much about shooters back then but, I remember playing Raiden in the Arcade and on Atari Jaguar.

I could tell from the first couple tries that there was something magical about Raiden Project. Maybe it was all the kewl explosions I had never seen possible in the comfort of my own home. Plus the humongous ray waves you could build up during the game. That was the first time I realized that the PS was capable of reproducing Arcade quality shooters. In the Hunt, was awesome that summer too.

Yes, the re-mixed music is wicked also. I also like the Intro music with the 3-D version of the ship flying around.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
dakingofzumunda said:
Yes, the re-mixed music is wicked also. I also like the Intro music with the 3-D version of the ship flying around.

That alone is one of the best intro's I've seen on a shooter, it's lil touches like that that makes you know you're playing something special

neosportskid

Banned
I used to loave raiden 1and 2. My friend had the 2 in one package for ps.
I remember he bought it for 15 dollars years ago, then the retard sold it for 3 to eb games. God I hate eb.
Much respect to raiden project, it mas my fav ps game along with twisted metal 2.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Mad Mage said:
Someone traded this into the local game store I used to work at. I gave him a buck credit for it and took it home for myself.

I can't get into it. It's too hard and fast-paced. I can appreciate it for what it is though. Plus the larger box is kinda cool (the only other big-boxed PS1 game I have is Philosoma).

If you don't like it, why not sell it to Wookiewombat????

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
Awesome game. I had to buy the disc and the manuel and instuructions seperately because they're so hard to find. Plus I got the disc for 15.

Jack Burton

Loyal Neo-Disciple
If you like this music, you should play Raiden on Turbo-cd. The music is even better.

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
I remember when I heard this was released on PAL PS1 I hunted everywhere for it. I finally found it in some used book shop and it didn't disappoint. The mixture of the super catchy synth music and gritty exposions is simply magical. One of the best :buttrock:

Bogard82

n00b
RP is one of the best shmups on the PSX, IMO. I was lucky to have found a nice (loose) copy at a local game exchange store, for only $5.99. :p And that was like 4 years ago. Now I see people selling it on eBay, anywhere from $15-60, depending on it's condition, and if it's complete or not.

Raiden DX is another good one.