Shock troopers+memory cards

snknutballz6

Banned
I have a shock troopers conversion home cart on the way,
is it true you cannot save to memory card, even with a converted to home cart?.
If so is there any way round this or am i just gonna have to settle with what credit it allows me?.

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
You're stuck with the 3 continues given, or unlimited if you have the bios ;)

snknutballz6

Banned
Is it a impossible game to beat in 3 continues though?
Can i not lower the difficulty or is that set too?

I seem to have made the common error of "buy now-ask questions later"
DAMN

Superfamifreak

20 Year Member
I love the game but am crap at it, thought I can get to stage 5 on 1 credit, so it should be doable. Just out of interest, how much did you pay for it? I got mine for 44 quid shipped :D

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
snknutballz6 said:
Is it a impossible game to beat in 3 continues though?
Can i not lower the difficulty or is that set too?

I seem to have made the common error of "buy now-ask questions later"
DAMN

I think BBH can go through it with 1 credit, or was it one life...I forgot.

Superfamifreak

20 Year Member
Master Giby said:

Same thing, you just have an energy bar and when that's gone it's continue time.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
Master Giby said:

Both, depending on which version it is ;) 1 credit if it's the "shared" lifebar version, and 1 "life" (of sorts) on the multiple lifebar version. (I always use Team Mode and don't lose a team member, so I guess that counts)

The game most definitely is NOT impossible. Nothing is cheap and unfair in this game when you have a roll button to avoid attacks, everything is easily dodgeable. You just have to pay attention to how enemies attack. Bosses share a lot of similar attack patterns, just pay attention and recognize how to dodge them. And even in the event that you do take hits, there are plenty of life-ups along the way, especially once you master close-range kills. Even if you're not going for a one-credit clear, four credits is plenty once you get a feel for the game engine and start recognizing how enemies attack.

You also might want to check out my ancient Shock Troopers page for other hints and information.

As always, if anyone ever has any questions about this brilliant game, feel free to ask ;)

snknutballz6

Banned
Superfamifreak said:
I love the game but am crap at it, thought I can get to stage 5 on 1 credit, so it should be doable. Just out of interest, how much did you pay for it? I got mine for 44 quid shipped :D

£44 ??? what! for an AES homecart conversion?

Surely you mean MVS.

No ive paid a total of about £130 cos its a converted mvs,sounded about right,i mean to make a conversion you have to sacrifice a neo cart like sam sho 2 plus use an mvs version of the game,put it all together and have labels done and insert.
Mind you it was 199 euros, the pound is very strong at the moment, especially against the doller if you buy something on the net for $100 that is only £50!
Has'nt been that strong in a while.

Superfamifreak

20 Year Member
snknutballz6 said:
£44 ??? what! for an AES homecart conversion?

Surely you mean MVS.

No ive paid a total of about £130 cos its a converted mvs,sounded about right,i mean to make a conversion you have to sacrifice a neo cart like sam sho 2 plus use an mvs version of the game,put it all together and have labels done and insert.
Mind you it was 199 euros, the pound is very strong at the moment, especially against the doller if you buy something on the net for $100 that is only £50!
Has'nt been that strong in a while.

Nope, conversion. However the jumper settings were wrong so he sold it as faulty.

As for the sac cart, it's usually a Fatal Fury 3 for a Shock Troopers conversion.

I have a few home made conversions, Shock Troopers, Magical Drop 2, Puzzle Bobble & Goal! Goal! Goal! and the lot cost me just over £110.

snknutballz6

Banned
Superfamifreak said:
Nope, conversion. However the jumper settings were wrong so he sold it as faulty.

As for the sac cart, it's usually a Fatal Fury 3 for a Shock Troopers conversion.

I have a few home made conversions, Shock Troopers, Magical Drop 2, Puzzle Bobble & Goal! Goal! Goal! and the lot cost me just over £110.

£44 though,thats just silly, might aswell give them away, so did you have to fix the jumper setting yourself or didnt it actually affect the game.

Superfamifreak

20 Year Member
snknutballz6 said:
£44 though,thats just silly, might aswell give them away, so did you have to fix the jumper setting yourself or didnt it actually affect the game.

Opened the cart, moved 1 jumper and it works flawlessly!

I do have to admit, even though I have a Magical Drop 2 conversion I don't strictly believe in converting games that already exist on AES. That was just a cheapo one to test my skills and it only set me back $33 - FREE SS2 sac, $27 MD2 MVS and $6 for solder & solder mop.

Generally though, I'll only do conversions for myself, as most of the games I want never got an AES release.

snknutballz6

Banned
Superfamifreak said:
I don't strictly believe in converting games that already exist on AES.

Generally though, I'll only do conversions for myself, as most of the games I want never got an AES release.

Yeah but lets say you want to play Metal slug, it is not worth paying £1500+ just to play the game.You only pay that cos A.you are filthy stinking rich B.you are a collector that wishes to own everything there is or C.your medication does not work.

IMO it is only wrong if you try to sell a converted cart as the genuine article, that is actually fraud.

Superfamifreak

20 Year Member
snknutballz6 said:
Yeah but lets say you want to play Metal slug

Personally, I think the MS series is a bag of unadulterated wank. But yeah, I'd get a conversion. Shouldn't set me back too much to do one really.

snknutballz6

Banned
Superfamifreak said:
Personally, I think the MS series is a bag of unadulterated wank.

:eek_2: :eek_2:

That's pretty controversial speak round these parts, i'm getting an image of a old western saloon with a few people moving their hand towards their gun and everyone else ducking under tables.

Superfamifreak

20 Year Member
snknutballz6 said:
:eek_2: :eek_2:

That's pretty controversial speak round these parts, i'm getting an image of a old western saloon with a few people moving their hand towards their gun and everyone else ducking under tables.

LOL!!

I've just never been able to get into the MS games myself. MS1 wasn't too bad, but when put up against something like Contra Spirits, it pales in comparison.

Shock Troopers > Metal Slug

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
Superfamifreak said:
LOL!!

I've just never been able to get into the MS games myself. MS1 wasn't too bad, but when put up against something like Contra Spirits, it pales in comparison.

Shock Troopers > Metal Slug

WORD!!!

*high five*

snknutballz6

Banned
Ok just one question, i did ask it a bit further up, i dont have a great deal of knowledge as far as MVS is concerned but i do know when i play games on the MVS it is set to a MVS difficulty and for obvious reasons there is no special options screen like on home games.

Now is that option screen (like changing difficulty,practice modes etc) open to you if you're playing a conversion?

Superfamifreak

20 Year Member
I don't know how it works. ST has just your basic 4 levels of difficulty, other games have more options, all dependant on the game I think.

Lime2K

Host for Orochi
When you do a conversion, the game plays just like it would if it was a genuine AES cartridge - with whatever options the programmers put into the home release.