Magical Drop 3 Spanish ?!

Spikedog

n00b
First up, I did search the forum and the net for this but didn't find anything but I must admit I wasn't really sure what I was looking for.

I am new to the Neo MVS scene (Having owned an AES system before) and I recently bought a 1 slot from a member here which shows it has a Asian Bios and I bought a couple of carts from eBay.

One of which was Magical Drop 3, well it works fine but the language of the characters is in Spanish I think. (I don't speak any European languages other than English so I'm not sure)

I have looked in the soft and hardware settings for language but unlike my other carts this doesn't have ANY language settings ? I also looked inside the cart and I don't think its a boot. (No writable eproms or anything)

So I guess what I'm asking is, is there a Spanish version of this game ? and can I change the language back to English/Japanese ?

If not would anyone be willing to swap their Japanese version of the game for this one ?

Thanks in advance for any help !

SSS

neo retired
Is the text in English at least? There is no language select in soft dips or ingame menu. Depends on the region you set your bios.

For USA mode the characters don't speak at all. In euro mode the characters do speak. I sometimes hear english words, words that sound spanish, and gibberish. You sure your bios is asian?

I haven't heard of a version of MD3 that just contains one language. The game should contain all versions in one. Again, just changes depending on your bios. (if you get a Unibios for the 1slot you can change it)

Last edited:

Spikedog

n00b
The text is all in English yes,

When I start my machine up and go to the test settings it says at the top of the screen "NEO-GEO MVS SYSTEM (ASIA /S3) Ver. 6" I assume that is the Bios version ?

The character I notice it the most on is World, characters like Fool have the same voice as the Japanese one.

A friend of mine has a machine with a Uni-Bios could I change the language permanently to English/Japanese on my cart with his machine ?

SSS

neo retired
You cannot change anything in neo carts. The consist of Read ONLY Memory. At least you can try the game out with the unibios.

What language do your other games play in?

If your board was truly from asian territory, the soft dips menu should be mostly in Japanese.

Spikedog

n00b
My other game (I have only just started collecting so just have 2 at the moment) plays in English but is a Japanese cart (Its Last Blade 2 with a Japanese MVS sticker)

The dip settings and all the test menu stuff is in English...

So does that mean I have an English/Euro system ?

@ thegreathopper : I don't think I can swap Bios's with this board, it is the MV-1C.

SSS

neo retired
Spikedog said:
My other game (I have only just started collecting so just have 2 at the moment) plays in English but is a Japanese cart (Its Last Blade 2 with a Japanese MVS sticker)

The dip settings and all the test menu stuff is in English...

So does that mean I have an English/Euro system ?

@ thegreathopper : I don't think I can swap Bios's with this board, it is the MV-1C.

Sounds like you do have a euro system.

It DOES NOT matter, what label is on your cart. Japanese, english etc.. It's the same game. If you took say a MD2 japanese label and a MD2 english label and open them up, they'd be identical. The game data is the same, cart label means jack except where it was originally sold. What depends on the language is the bios/board territory.

Spikedog

n00b
OK I understand now,

It was much eaiser when I had my AES :spock:

I suppose I am destined to have all my games play in English then...

Unless someone in the UK wants to swap thier Japanese MV-1C for my English one ?!?

Thanks for all your help though SamuraiShodownSensei !

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
My Magical Drop 3 MVS cart also has Spanish voices, I think it's normal (I have European bios settings).