In game move list.........

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Can anyone tell me what neo fighters have the move lists within the game i.e you can pause the game anytime look up the move etc?

I just personally think this is a good feature in fighting games, be good to know what fighters have this feature.

Thanks

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
I've only seen this occur in ports of KOF for the Dreamcast...the only time I can recall seeing any move info is the option in SS2 to display move commands for POW Supers (which also displays any special move commands done by the CPU in-game)

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Big Shady said:
0 NEO GEO games have such a feature.

Wow didnt know that. I would have throught that at least some would have had this in.

Shame as its a good way to learn the moves when in practice mode.

thefub

Armored Scrum Object
In some games your lucky to even get a practice mode. I think it is a good feature but you can get complete move lists online and print them out. you can eve3n copy and paste only the ones you want.

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
scooby105 said:
Perhaps an idea for the next Universe Bios?

Totally agree mate, that would be a really useful feature.

Dont get me wrong, I know you can get move lists all over the net for like every fighting game but it is better if the actual game has the move list built in, saves messing about with paper move lists.

Adamaki

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
But half the fun is figuring out new moves and combos. If they were all laid out for you in practice mode it'd be too easy. Anyway most fighting games give you a new special move after you get beat and I remember SS2 shows the moves at the top of the screen as you and your opponent perform them. That's good enough for me.

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Adamaki said:
But half the fun is figuring out new moves and combos. If they were all laid out for you in practice mode it'd be too easy. Anyway most fighting games give you a new special move after you get beat and I remember SS2 shows the moves at the top of the screen as you and your opponent perform them. That's good enough for me.

Yeah I agree with your point, one of the best ways is when you get KO'ed to have a special move desplayed on say the 10 count continue screen.

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
scooby105 said:
Perhaps an idea for the next Universe Bios?

A good idea whilst also being a bad idea. This is Neo-Geo, it's arcade hardware. You're supposed to learn the moves for yourself. If you want in game move lists get a PS2.

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
J0e Musashi said:
A good idea whilst also being a bad idea. This is Neo-Geo, it's arcade hardware. You're supposed to learn the moves for yourself. If you want in game move lists get a PS2.

Agree, guess it just depends on personal taste really, some of us would like the feature others would not.