KOF 2K1 PS2 Stick

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Does anybody own/have used one of these? I'm curious to see some reviews. I found a few pretty cheep. I picked up the 2K2/2K3 pack and I need a good stick and dont have the money to throw down on the old style stick remake import. Any help?

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
I like the Pelican Universal, myself. But avoid it if you're using a slim PS2, because it'll burn out your Dual-Shock functionality (or some junk like that.)

The Pelican is pretty easy to get a hold of. And good if you have large hands.

My only other PS2 joy experience was a NAKI controller. Too small to really use comfortably and extremely clicky. Like Pocket Color clicky but three times as loud.

Good luck picking one you like.

EDIT: Wait...are you asking more along the lines of the remake stick, or just for opinions for a stick in general?

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
the SFA collection stick is really good IMO and only $60. Or you could pick up the Tekken 5 special edition and sell back Tekken 5 on ebay and get the stick for $50, which is a nice Hori.

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
I've used the Tekken stick, I rather enjoy it. I like the SF stick, but my thing is that I want to make sure the stick will work well not only with KOF or SF but, more importantly, VF4 Evo. The SF stick doesnt work too well with Evo, but the Tekken stick works well. I'd imagine the Remake stick would work well with Evo as it is the god of all arcade sticks. I just found some of the KOF 2K1 sticks that were made by Naki (same maker as the SF stick) pretty cheep and didnt know how they stacked up to the other sticks on the market. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=21188&item=8177304803&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW Here's a pic of it.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
yagamikun said:
I've used the Tekken stick, I rather enjoy it. I like the SF stick, but my thing is that I want to make sure the stick will work well not only with KOF or SF but, more importantly, VF4 Evo. The SF stick doesnt work too well with Evo, but the Tekken stick works well. I'd imagine the Remake stick would work well with Evo as it is the god of all arcade sticks. I just found some of the KOF 2K1 sticks that were made by Naki (same maker as the SF stick) pretty cheep and didnt know how they stacked up to the other sticks on the market. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=21188&item=8177304803&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW Here's a pic of it.

Those KOF sticks are WORTHLESS. Same as the Soul Calibur one they released here. Piece of worthless turd.

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
Please tell me that KOF stick didn't see a US release. The design screams that it's a piece of junk.

That curved molding around the faux-concave buttons looks like it's designed to destroy your fingertips.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
KagerouSama said:
Please tell me that KOF stick didn't see a US release. The design screams that it's a piece of junk.

That curved molding around the faux-concave buttons looks like it's designed to destroy your fingertips.

thankfully it didn't. I picked up a couple Soul Calibur sticks [identical in design] when Fry's had them on clearance. They were immediatelly gifts for my sister after trying them out. Imagine the worst Madcatz cheap-ass controller....now take a popsicle stick and stick it to the middle of the D-pad with bubblegum....now spill coke on the buttons and wait for it to dry and you'll have one of your very own

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
I would avoid any arcade sticks made by Nuby. The Street Fighter stick is Okay, (too me not worth $60) but avoid the older Nuby sticks. It's going to be hard to find what you are looking for. The U.S market does not give you very much options. You might have to save up some cash and get a Hori Evo Stick. Here is an example, but I'm sure if you do soem research, you can find one cheaper elsewhere.

http://www.toysnjoys.com/access_ps2_2c.html

The Evo sticks are towards the bottom of the page.

BoyProdigy

Crossed Swords Squire
from what I hear Toys n Joys (the site posted a post above me) are crooks. You can get all the same stciks there and for cheaper at lik-sang.com. I've never had problems with them. National Console Support Inc is also very good ncsxshop.com.

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
BoyProdigy said:
from what I hear Toys n Joys (the site posted a post above me) are crooks. You can get all the same stciks there and for cheaper at lik-sang.com. I've never had problems with them. National Console Support Inc is also very good ncsxshop.com.

That's probably why they always have stuff in stock.

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
pixeljunkie said:
thankfully it didn't. I picked up a couple Soul Calibur sticks [identical in design] when Fry's had them on clearance. They were immediatelly gifts for my sister after trying them out. Imagine the worst Madcatz cheap-ass controller....now take a popsicle stick and stick it to the middle of the D-pad with bubblegum....now spill coke on the buttons and wait for it to dry and you'll have one of your very own

Thanks! That saved me a $20.00 waste. I'll see if I cant scrounge up $65.00 for a remake stick from NCS. I've had my eye on thoes since the concept was released a few months back. Seems like the safest bet. Even though it wont do well with Street Fighter, my Ryu pad works just fine with that :)