Well now I am hooked and screwed

soapy_jack23

Crazed MVS Addict
Hi everybody names jack I joined these forums and got a neo about last year
and since owning the neo I have gotten these games: svc, kof2003 , sam sho 1
ff1&2, kof94, ghost pilots king of monsters and some old shit i dont even wanna mention. Thing is none of these games interested me much besides maybe sam sho1 and kof2003 (svc got old fast) So about a month ago I went to my local video game store (where i got the neo and all the games) and he has sam sho 2 and sam sho 5 special in stock so I decide to try them out. Stupid me I havent left the damn neo since like how the fuck am I supposed to go back to ps2 and my computer now? How the hell did a little company make such insanely good games?
I dont know now I started researching the web and found out about games like mark of the wolves and last blade 1&2 and seeing the price for them is making me pull my hair out so yup now it starts for me lol so long savings hello neo. :lol:

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Welcome to the MADNESS...
Welcome to the console with no hidden agendas and zero load times..
Welcome to a system where your ADD and or ADHD does'nt matter.
Never dismiss the games until you've spent at least a couple of months trying to figure out what the production teams were tring to convey.
-BB

soapy_jack23

Crazed MVS Addict
Well after looking on ebay I cant even find a copy of last blade2 or mark of the wolves and neo store doesnt have any in stock I know I need to look around but I really did search for a good place to buy games online do you guys have any suggestions? The store in my area has a horrible time getting games I ordered the svc and kof2003 and it took 2 months too come in. by the way neo store hasnt had these games for awhile now.

Athlon64

Galford's Armourer
soapy_jack23 said:
Well after looking on ebay I cant even find a copy of last blade2 or mark of the wolves and neo store doesnt have any in stock I know I need to look around but I really did search for a good place to buy games online do you guys have any suggestions? The store in my area has a horrible time getting games I ordered the svc and kof2003 and it took 2 months too come in. by the way neo store hasnt had these games for awhile now.

http://castleofcollectibles.com/throne/throne.html

fatal fury fan #2

Duck King's DJ
soapy_jack23 said:

JGN

thefub

Armored Scrum Object
Try not to be in such a rush. Sometimes I get into a gotta buy mode and up neglecting some of the games I just got. Also, try to study the prices around here and Ebay so that you can find the right price. The games you mentioned will pop up here and there but they will be Japanese versions usually. If you want the english versions of these titles they will go for more money.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Being happy is better than being rich.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
I've resorted to working the street corner to get Blazing Star on AES. :buttrock:

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
Greetings buddy!!...Heh heh...Garou is not a cheap title..but its worth every penny!! , Last blade will blow your mind!! Then your pocket :kekeke: :buttrock: :buttrock:
Have fun..... :D

Last edited:

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
Kazuki Dash said:
"All carts you will buy and all bank accounts will be broken, that is the law of the NEO."

heh, another one bites the dust

welcome to the crack of video games
:D

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
galfordo said:
Being happy is better than being rich.
actually... this makes more sense than anything.

Key to being happy and not getting burnt out (and broke) ... buy with moderation.

†B†V†

soapy_jack23

Crazed MVS Addict
Thanks for the links guys I especially like the jpn one very well laid out etc.
I went to my local store and they have a 1 slot cab for 500 can and he will sell me those games I wanted for much cheaper than I expected so I am going that route.
Now if only I can convince my girl to put a old arcade machine in our room. :eek_2:

Insaneclown

ICP Suxorz
The good times are just beginning now. Hehe! Last Blade 2 fucking rocks. :buttrock:

Let the good time role. :)

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
soapy_jack23 said:

Heh :smirk:

Insaneclown

ICP Suxorz
omnedon said:
Welcome to the forum, neighbour. :D

And welcome to madness! :glee:

Dont listen to this guy...as he doesnt know what he's talking about. Hehe! :D

BTW he's my neighbour too. :)

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Welcome. I'm with some of the others here. Don't go overboard. Buy a little at a time, otherwise you'll miss out on the fantastic game you just bought in favor of others that you may not even play enough. You may never know the depth of SS2 if you buy a ton. You may never undertand all the combos and priority of KOf98 if you get too many. Enjoy what you have. Sit down, and PLAY them. It's easy to get caught up in buy buy buy mode, but don't. Enjoy this kick ass system!

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Welcome to the hobby then, NeoGeo it's the drug of choice for 2d fanatic's.
Once you get the feaver for the flavor you.... can't stop so keep a eye on your wallet :eye: :eye:

Adamaki

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Spike Spiegel said:
Don't go overboard. Buy a little at a time, otherwise you'll miss out on the fantastic game you just bought in favor of others that you may not even play enough.

It's like a 2 sided coin. To collect or to play? Keep things in perspective, don't get carried away with one side while neglecting the other and you'll be sound as a pound!

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Play your games.

Don't ignore some of the classics just because they're dirt cheap in price either. There's nothing like the feeling of 1cc'ing Magician Lord or Nam'75 for the first time.

soapy_jack23

Crazed MVS Addict
Well I do play my games collecting is cool but not exactly my thing. I guess you can say I am a fanatic when it comes to games but I miss the old school stuff and the neo takes me back to those days so thats why I play more than collect.
Since now the neo is gone I guess those glory days are finally come to an end its too bad but I have solice in knowing that I havent played these games because at the time of their release I couldn't afford them. So now it is like the old days where a game actually had depth and some quallity I don't know about you guys but I can only play so much gta and halo then I relize it isn't any good haha the funny thing is I am only 24 :oh_no:

snknutballz6

Banned
Abasuto said:
Play your games.

Don't ignore some of the classics just because they're dirt cheap in price either. There's nothing like the feeling of 1cc'ing Magician Lord or Nam'75 for the first time.

I actually think NAM 75 is one of the most addictive games in existence, obviously dont have great graphics or sound or anything but it is hard to pull yourself away from once you got going.