Why does everyone hate the kof 2k and kof 2k1 port on PS2?

Demon Dash

Super Sidekicks 2
I haven't played the neo versions, but the ps2 is a bad port if you ask me. Worse than mvc2 on the xbox.

Baseley09

Hair Group,
I thought it was great, id rather have this than any version anywhere.

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
Demon Dash said:
I haven't played the neo versions, but the ps2 is a bad port if you ask me. Worse than mvc2 on the xbox.

If you haven't played the Neo versions, then how would you know what to compare it to for it to be a bad port?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Apparently, they aren't 100% arcade perfect. I love them, though. I have to admit that I really like the new 2k1 backgrounds. Do they fit with the character sprites perfectly: no. But they work better than any other hi res/3D/any other kind of graphical update on backgrounds I've seen in a 2D fighter, imo.

I think they look better than the backgrounds in the DC ports of '98 and '99, or any of the 3D backgrounds put in the PS2 ports of 2k2 or '03. Or any of Capcom's 3D backgronds in MVC2 or CVS2. Adding different times of day, weather effects, etc., like in older SNK games, was a nice touch.

And they play close enough for me. Too bad they're censored, but it doesn't kill the games.