King of Fighters: Maximum Impact coming to Teh Xbawks

Plisken

Snaaaaaaake!,
Having totally enjoyed the game and beating it with the all the charaacters and all the missions, I'll be definetely be picking up the xbox version - this game is the only reason i hang on to my PS2!

aegreatone

Sieger's Squire
I dont know. I heard bad things about this game. I'm gonna have to test out the product before I put down some endz. Cuz I dont wanna invest into something that dont have any value to it's name. Holla.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
There may be a few things that annoy you about the game, but I kind of found the game pleasantly, not bad. I was expecting a lot worse, considering SNK's previous 3d efforts really had some issues. Definitely a step in the right direction, for SNK handling polygon fighters. This would make a pretty neat live title, even if the KOF 2002/2003 and Samurai Shodown V may play overall better. This one showed some promise and has a few neato things up their sleeve. I still think the best accomplishment was its look. Some of the characters look so close to their 2D counterparts, but made into 3D, it's kind of scary. It doesn't even look easy to do, but they did it.

toy_brain

Amano's Drinking Buddy
Plisken said:
Having totally enjoyed the game and beating it with the all the charaacters and all the missions, I'll be definetely be picking up the xbox version - this game is the only reason i hang on to my PS2!
Didnt you promise to buy 5 copies of the Xbox version in that other thread. :make_fac:

Anyway, I'm enjoying the PS2 version as well, and will most likely pick up the Xbox version too - if only to show my support to SNK and Ignition.

2DRevolution

Quiz Detective
I've been waiting to finally get the Xbox version, it was quite a surprised that it was coming. The PS2 version should have been online too, but lord only knows PS2's online is not the greatest, so I'll also be picking up the Xbox version as well. Hopefully it's only $39.99 and not $49.99, but that's wishful thinking.

One more thing this is my first post in over a year or more can't remember, but it's good to be back!!!

GENOCIDE CUTTER '94

Ukyo's Doctor
This is the best news I've had all week, 'cos now it means I won't need to bother putting out the bucks for a PS2 version, particularly seeing as I don't own a ps2 and would have to borrow a friend's.

2DRevolution

Quiz Detective
Now if it's coming for PSP, that's a reason for me to buy one, but I'll probably be waiting to closer to XMas I'm sure.

honeyman

Morden's Lackey
You may stay away from buying it but you should at least try and give it a whirl. I played this at my friend's house the other day and I don't care what those mags say, it's fast but largely enjoyable. SNK should be proud of the efforts they've put into the title and look to tweaking and improving things for a better sequel (plus many of those mags tend to bitch about graphics which can be thrown out of the window right away!)

2DRevolution

Quiz Detective
In reality we still have to realize that in the end Mags have "Critics" they are being critical of every possible detail of the game and they have to. It's the same way with Movie Critics, they usually like the most obscure things and give those the best ratings, while half the movies I enjoy have received the worst. KOF: Maximum Impact is really a decent game I hope that in the next outing of the game they tweak everything and try for more graphical power, you know the usual stuff. I still say for a first outing into the 3D fighter realm on the new systems it's a good first try.