Droid's SoCal Hookup Part 3 aka "the Occupation" Saturday May 14th 2005

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
Attention Neo Soldiers,

Giving ya the heads up that we're gonna be throwing another SoCal Game-a-thon. We've been biding our time, regaining our strength from the last hookup. I have been authorized to declassify enough intel to let you know that this "Neo Gaming Election from Hell" will go down on Saturday May 14th 2005, security be damned...

The Deck of Cards:

1. Droid aka "the Iron Sheik"
2. SPark aka "Abdullah the Butcher"
3. BigPoppaLarge aka "Shock and Awe"
4. kyosuke75 aka "Mr Guantanamo"
5. Shirt_in_a_can aka "Durka Durka Mohammed Jihad"
6. Master Giby aka "Osama bin Lancaster"
7. Sonofx51 aka "Weapon of Mass Destruction"
8. Southtownkid aka "Paul Bremer"
9. Bulletnyourass aka "DaisyCutter"
10.SolidsnakeII aka "Predator Drone"
11. JDiamond aka "Chemical Ali"
12. RockHoward aka "Bunker Buster"
13. nruva
14. CrackerMessiah
15. NEOryu
16. ResOglas
17. NeoGeo2k2
18. MonkeyD
19. ?????
20. ?????

Names in Bold indicate confirmed attendees. Sorties are currently being flown to those that attended our last hookup. I look forward to hearing from back ya. To those interested in our Iraqi Recruitment Program, space is once again limited, however feel free to drop me a pm or reply here and we'll see what we can do.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Current gear list:

Droid = (2) neo geo aes, 27" LCD, 25" tv, xbox, PSP, ps2, arcade cab
SPark = (1) neo geo aes, 46" LCD, 15" LCD, cpu monitors, xbox, PSP etc.
Sonofx51 = (1) neo geo aes
ResOglas = PSP (jap)

neo geo games:

Droid = Nam75, sengoku, sengoku2, SS1-2-5special, puzzle bobble, mag lord. All aes

Arcade pcbs:

Droid = radiant silvergun, D&D 1-2, tetris, strider, in the hunt, golden axe, progear, dimahoo, esprade, Tecmo Knight aka Wild Fang, Mars Matrix, Terra Diver, Cotton2

PSP games:

Droid = Lumines, Ridge Racer
SPark = Ridge Racer, Wipeout pure
ResOglas = Vampire Chronicle, Ridge Racer, Kollon, Puzzle Bobble Pocket,
Puyo Pop Fever

Tourney List:

Samurai Shodown 5 special (neo geo)

Puzzle game tbd

For those of you on the fence, here's a link to pics of our last socal hookup:

http://www.arcade4home.com/OCpart2/

as well as a link to our last hookup thread if you care to read how it went:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...69&page=1&pp=25

More info to come!

Droid

Last edited:

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
A week before E3? Sounds good. I'll see what I can do to make it.,

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
im coming, put me on teh list...and ill be bringing my PSP and X-Bawks

:D :D :D

edit: left a phone message for you, droid ^__^

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
Sorry about my awkward ass name. I'm gonna try and bribe a mod to change it for me. Just make it Shirt.

I also declare my nickname to be Douchedrink McQueefshits

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
dude wtf...droid, do you hate me or something??? i thought we were good buds T__T

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
Oh man... another SoCal meeting at the OC. The last one kicked ass and I am sure this one will be sweet too. However, due to some issues with the feds, I don't think I can make this one. But I will let you know as the time approaches. There needs to be another Samurai Shodown 5 Special tournament, so I can get revenger on my SS5S rival, jdiamond! :make_fac:

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
I think there should be a different tourney each meet, but I don't know how good that would turn out. The first meet was a 2k3 tourney, 2nd was a SSVS or SSV tourney. WIll you be doing SS again, or will we all vote on a game?

jindo

Sakura's Bank Manager
Damn... I wouldn't mind playing SSVS again... but this time around I'd probably get owned by everyone... since I haven't touched the game since.... last gathering at droid's place. :eek_2:

BIG

sony fanboy
Master Giby said:
I think there should be a different tourney each meet, but I don't know how good that would turn out. The first meet was a 2k3 tourney, 2nd was a SSVS or SSV tourney. WIll you be doing SS again, or will we all vote on a game?

Give it up,Gib,there won't be any MotW tourneys...:kekeke:

BIG-

rockhoward

Crossed Swords Squire
Count me in.
I'll be bringing my modded PS2 with Neo Stick 2, Neo CD Pad 2, and some PS2-exclusive stuff like KOF94Rebout.

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
Bigp0ppaLarge said:
Give it up,Gib,there won't be any MotW tourneys...:kekeke:

BIG-

As much as I'd like a Garou tourney to happen, I know it won't since most of the people at the last few meets didn't play it. I'm thinking more older titles, like FFS, Breakers, some of the RB games or KOF 2k2. I think 2k2 would be the best out of the bunch to do a tourney for. There's a good chance Jose would take it though.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Master Giby said:
As much as I'd like a Garou tourney to happen, I know it won't since most of the people at the last few meets didn't play it. I'm thinking more older titles, like FFS, Breakers, some of the RB games or KOF 2k2. I think 2k2 would be the best out of the bunch to do a tourney for. There's a good chance Jose would take it though.

Hmmm, 2002 tourney..

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
You sounds like you're interested in coming this time. Hopefully we can meet up with eachother and you can beat me down in KOF.....like you always do, you thong wearing bastard.

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
We will definitely hold a few tourneys. SSVS is a certainty. We are open to other titles provided there is enough players to make it happen. As for KoF2k2, that will all depend if MasterGiby and LWK make it down here this time around. I can assure you both, you will not be disappointed if you do.

How do you guys feel about a small cover ($10) to go towards tourney prizes? Also if anyone has gaming related stuff they wish to donate towards tourneys and random drawings, please let us know.

Iron Sheik out!

Droid

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
For those of you on the fence, here's a link to pics of our last socal hookup:

http://www.arcade4home.com/OCpart2/

as well as a link to our last hookup thread if you care to read how it went:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102069&page=1&pp=25

And remember this hookup isnt limited to just the locals. If you're planning on being in town for E3 and want to join us drop a pm we'll bring it before the collective joint chiefs of staff to decide once we find out how many open slots we can support.

Droid

Last edited:

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
Oh man... another SoCal meeting at the OC. The last one kicked ass and I am sure this one will be sweet too. However, due to some issues with the feds, I don't think I can make this one.

Jindo,

Your mission, should you accept, is to kidnap 300wins and drive him down here friday night, game all day saturday then drive him back Sunday morning.

No beheading tape unless 300wins flakes out.

Droid

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I'm planning on making a cameo... you can put me down as Ghetto Hamster

BIG

sony fanboy
droid said:
How do you guys feel about a small cover ($10) to go towards tourney prizes? Also if anyone has gaming related stuff they wish to donate towards tourneys and random drawings, please let us know.

Iron Sheik out!

Droid
Roger that,I'm always down to contribute a lil' sumpfin' sumpfin' for teh meet..be it monetary contribution or random goodies,lemme know and I'll see what I can do.

Shock and Awe,over and out.

BIG-

CrackerMessiah

Fu'un-Ken Master
I'd love to bring the madness once again, droid. You and Sung rock it well and good.

On a slightly different tip, I motion to change sonofx51's name to "Basara Banzai" or something to that effect. I mean, given Iraqi geography and his choice and manner of playing with Basara, it almost writes itself... :cool:

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
droid said:
5. Shirt_in_a_can aka "Condoleezza"

This title is like a rocket propelled grenade fired directly into my heart.