board additional in the geo neo aes

hiboriano

n00b
sorry for my english.
I bought a NEO GEO AES and I decided to open it, would like to know what they are these welded wires and this doubtful plate here. follows photos

Image001.jpg

Image002.jpg

Image003.jpg

Image004.jpg

Image005.jpg

what is this?

Thnks,

Kleber Canedo

Last edited:

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
That's known as the video daughter board... It's a fix that SNK applied to the first generation board to comply with some FCC regulations -- or something like that.

Jeff

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I have an US AES that I have never opened......

When I turn it on, it takes a few extra seconds to display video....... Sound comes right on but video is a lil slow.

Is it possible that It has one of these boards in it? It's the one AES that I haven't cracked open.

The serial of this AES is much higher than any other US AES I have had (20,000) range

Adamaki

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I have one of those video daughter boards in one of my AES's in the 20,000 serial number range. I wondered what it was. I haven't noticed any delay in the video firing up though. I haven't done much to it yet but I think it's gonna be a real bitch to install the unibios and do the rgb bypass mod with all those wires in the way :oh_no:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
hmm Maybe not...

If i have the board in there, I'll just rip it out.

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
If you take that board out, you will need to replace the 24.xx mhz crystal and a cap to make video work.

I've never looked but I would assume that the parts you would need are on that board.

Jeff

Adamaki

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
JMKurtz said:
If you take that board out, you will need to replace the 24.xx mhz crystal and a cap to make video work.
Jeff

I think I'll keep the board in there...