moniter and sound not working please help

milknuggets

New Challenger
my moniter doesnt show a picture but i hear a humming sound which may mean the moniter is on or not im not sure moreover the sound can only be heard very lightly when your ear is pressed up by the speaker and thats at full volume so it seems as though its not being amplified i was fixing some stuff in the cab and cleaning it up and bam its not working and i dont know what to do i live in portland oregon and would appreciate any advice and if any one is in the area i would pay them to have a look at the machine as well please reply thx

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
You may have knocked a wire off somewhere(take a look)

What machine is it..?

milknuggets

New Challenger
its a converted taito cabinet from 1987 i didnt see any loose wires im contemplating buying a new one and trying to find someone put it in but repair shops charge incredible amounts of money and i dont want to kill myself trying to fix a monitor

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Converted to what?..1.2,4,6 slot..Neo Geo MVS.

Do you have any technical skills?

Do you have a Camera.?Can you take pics if needed..

Do you have a voltage/Digi meter..?

What Size Monitor..?

Check the Fuse/Fuses..

Make sure the Jamma Harness is on the board right..And a clean connection..

I figure since you basically are getting nothing It's the Power Supply..

Search for members in your area here for repair help..

milknuggets

New Challenger
its was converted to a 1 slot mvs

and concerning technical skills i can learn but only a very base knowledge on neo geo kind of things

i can get you some pics but dont know how to post them on this site ill take some and look on a faq to get them on the site

i can buy a voltage digi meter i would just need someone to tell me what to do with it

its a 19 inch moniter from philips model number mva48abk05x

ill clean the jamma harness to the mvs board to see if that helps

and lastly about the power supply i can kinda hear moniter humm its just no picture and the speaker makes sound its just not amplified

thanks alot for the direction some more help would be great to

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
milknuggets said:
its was converted to a 1 slot mvs

and concerning technical skills i can learn but only a very base knowledge on neo geo kind of things

i can get you some pics but dont know how to post them on this site ill take some and look on a faq to get them on the site

i can buy a voltage digi meter i would just need someone to tell me what to do with it

its a 19 inch moniter from philips model number mva48abk05x

ill clean the jamma harness to the mvs board to see if that helps

and lastly about the power supply i can kinda hear moniter humm its just no picture and the speaker makes sound its just not amplified

thanks alot for the direction some more help would be great to

You can use this free site to host/post the pics..

http://photobucket.com/

Do you hear any games sounds through the speakers..

I think your Power supply went bad IMO..

What type is it..?

milknuggets

New Challenger
it would be so nice if that was the only problem now where do i find what kind of power supply i have and which should i buy and where do i find out how to install it ill buy the stuff from happ controls and try to install to see if that helps thanks so very much for your help

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
milknuggets said:
it would be so nice if that was the only problem now where do i find what kind of power supply i have and which should i buy and where do i find out how to install it ill buy the stuff from happ controls and try to install to see if that helps thanks so very much for your help

Installation would be a matching up of the wires..on the power supply itself..
NOTE:
I'm not sure what 5 volt + setting new power supplies are set at when purchased.
So a new Power Supply voltage may still need to be adjusted/set with a volt meter.
You'd have to match it up..

Most likely if you take a pic or read the specs on the Power supply it can be matched up..

http://www.happcontrols.com/powersupplies/power_supplies_amusement.htm
I can't say for sure it's the Power Supply..
You'd have to take some voltage reading with a Volt/Digital Meter..

Helpful MVS info here..

http://www.hardmvs.com/