Does anybody think this Atomiswave thing is gonna take off big time?

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Now that a few good titles are coming out do you think the AW could go "Big time" like the MVS did, thoughts?

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
In this day and age no at least not what it should. I mean if Capcom pleged a Street Fighter 4 or something along with what SNK and Sammy already have planned people would probably go crazy for it.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I seriously doubt it. I haven't really seen anything that it offers beyond the good ole MVS system, aside from a little graphical polish.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Let's face it, the whole classical arcade market is almost death, is not 1993 anymore. No "new" arcade hardware played with a stick and buttons can be as successful as the MVS was. At least with the AW they don't have to worry about bootlegs and ROMZ yet, so as long as they are played enough in order to have some benefits I think they can be happy.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Amano Jacu said:
Let's face it, the whole classical arcade market is almost death, is not 1993 anymore. No "new" arcade hardware played with a stick and buttons can be as successful as the MVS was. At least with the AW they don't have to worry about bootlegs and ROMZ yet, so as long as they are played enough in order to have some benefits I think they can be happy.
Agreed that's why i have hard time 'seeing the AW succeed :oh_no:
Even if it the does get good suport game wise :(

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Nope, it won't "take off," but as long as it continues to receive at least a decent amount of support from SNK and Sammy, it will be well worth owning. Owning one is an easy choice if you love 2-D or SNK (likely both if one). I know it's going to be 4 figures when it launches, but to be able to play NBC on the original hardware will be great, even though my wallet will hate me for it. Same with Metal Slug 6, and with Sam Spirits 6, etc...

I actually consider that part of the charm, that it won't "take off." While most of the mainstream gaming world asks "what the hell is that?" (Actually the response I got at my local Gamestop when a friend of mine who works there asked what I was playing lately), I'm at home enjoying the hell out of Guilty Gear Isuka on the intended platform.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
No.
I think it will do fairly well in Japan & after the price drops A bit do ok in Mexico.
But "Take Off" & see 1 in every arcade like the MVS, No.
On A side note I got to play an Atomoswave cab @ my local Walmart.
It was the "Sport Shooting USA" game.
I really liked it but then again I do IDPA stuff for fun anyway.